Elena Baltacha Dies !

shull

That's not right Bluto, she had liver disease all that time ago, and was prescribed an overdose of paracetamol which made it worse, but the cancer was new.

Splitting hairs, 2becks...

I was underlining that her chronic liver condition had always rendered her susceptible to anything like that, not new, not surprising. Yet she prevailed.

"Baltacha was diagnosed with primary sclerosing cholangitis, a chronic liver condition which compromises the immune system, aged 19."

Used to see a teenage Elena with her dad in the main stand at Love Street, cheering on her big brother Sergei jnr back around the championship season of 99/2000. What an absolute tragedy to befall this family, so young, so much ahead of her. My sincerest of condolences to the Baltacha family, they must be devasted today.

Guest TPAFKATS

This is really shocking, hard to take in this happened so quickly to someone so young.

Condolences to Sergei and the rest of the family.

Sums up my thoughts. Tragic

This is the saddest news I've heard in years. Utterly, utterly dreaful. The effort she put in during her career to get as high as she could entitled her to a well earned rest in retirement then this happens. Absolutely tragic, it really is.

Thoughts are with her husband, big Sergei & the rest of the family. sad.png