First Female Official In Scottish Premiership...saturday At Ours!

I have been to a couple of games where Sian Massey (if I'm not mistaken the one who Andy Gray got the sack for his comments about her) was running the line.

To be fair to her she is a good official and has been bang on with offside and controversial decisions.

She regularly officiated in EPL now which is a testament to her ability.

No reason to think that the one on Saturday will be any different.....

I have been to a couple of games where Sian Massey (if I'm not mistaken the one who Andy Gray got the sack for his comments about her) was running the line.

To be fair to her she is a good official and has been bang on with offside and controversial decisions.

She regularly officiated in EPL now which is a testament to her ability.

No reason to think that the one on Saturday will be any different.....

The female in the conference has been good any time I've watched her.

Let's hope the fact she is female doesn't come into it. If anyone gives her dug's abuse, it should be for the same reason as a male referee's assistant gets dug's abuse....

For no particular reason at all, other than not giving all decisions in St Mirren's favour.

Good luck!

if we don't give her abuse, is that positive discrimination?

Maybe they just weren't good enough until now.

You think that's the reason?

It's crystal clear that it was sexism in action - pure and simple.

At least steps are being taken to rectify it.

What we need is to see female referees, coaches and managers.

We also need to see female players in the main teams if they are able to physically make the grade.

To use sex as a barrier in this day and age is truly pathetic.

Edited by oaksoft

We also need to see female players in the main teams if they are able to physically make the grade.

Elliot got selected every f*cking week.

Good for our club to be involved in nice wee milestones like this, let's not drag ourselves down by resorting to ignorance and stupid sexism!

She will probably be hopeless but that's an SFA thing rather than a gender thing, wouldn't expect any better from any official...

The sensible, civilised thing for the Saints support to do on Saturday would be a big celebratory round of applause to welcome her and mark the significance of her being first to take that role.

And then, aye, treat her as you would ANY Ref.

With all due respect... :rolleyes:

I don't think that female players should be playing in the main teams, sorry but would disagree 100%. Only my opinion though!

I don't think that female players should be playing in the main teams, sorry but would disagree 100%. Only my opinion though!

Don't indulge him. Female players in men's main football teams? Aye, whatever. Now, I genuinely enjoy women's golf. It is seriously good. Michelle Wie played in a men's tour event and got whupped. Big time.

A woman playing full-on in men's professional football would get absolutely flattened. Unless it was Laura Davies.

Don't indulge him. Female players in men's main football teams? Aye, whatever. Now, I genuinely enjoy women's golf. It is seriously good. Michelle Wie played in a men's tour event and got whupped. Big time.

A woman playing full-on in men's professional football would get absolutely flattened. Unless it was Laura Davies.

Exactly, it's a ridiculous idea.

What part of "if they are able to physically make the grade" did you miss?

What part of "if they are able to physically make the grade" did you miss?

I didn't miss any of your post. A wonderfully fit, physically able woman would get fcuking flattened and probably seriously injured by Nemanja Vidic, Lee McCulloch or Christ knows what might happen in the Ayrshire Juniors.

Which part aren't you getting? Daftie.

I remember John McEnroe getting some crap years ago when he said that Martina Navratilova wouldn't get into the mens' top one thousand in the rankings. Got some shit but few actually argued.

With regard to Kylie McMullan, let's hope our cultured fan base cuts out the sexist crap and gets wholeheartedly behind the little lady.

Reminiscent of this, with Cherie Lunghi as the sexy manageress..

http://www.lunghitude.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=58

I really enjoyed that and as football fiction goes it wasn't bad. In most football stories you see actors that have obviously never kicked a ball in their lives and it doesn't half show. I've got to admit, though, some of the attraction was waiting on Cherie getting her kit off.