No Decision On Danny For Now

"The Board of St Mirren Football Club met this morning to discuss various routine matters. There is obviously speculation regarding the manager's contract.

No decision was made in relation to this and the Board will re-convene early next week to consider matters further."

Disappointed in that. More due to the fact that if Danny doesn't get a deal, he won't get the chance to get a proper farewell at the weekend.

Just posted something regarding this on the other thread.

It was obviously golf-timedry.png

What a joke. Danny deserves better than being kept hanging on like this.

Is this is true then you have my full agreement.

The "speculation" is due to a radio interview given by our chairman so to call it "speculation" is just unfair.

I am sure Mr Daniel Lennon would have had a sleepless night last night and will undoubtedly be worrying about the outcome of this meeting so if he is being left hanging by the board then I am afraid that is an appalling way to treat the man. Daniel deserves better, the players deserve better and finally us fans deserve better.

I wil be left very disapointed if this proves to be the case, very disapointed indeed.

Edited by TediousTom

Is anyone remotely surprised?

Poor show from Gilmour even making refence to the meeting during his interview last night in the context of questions about Danny's future. There was absolutely no need, and this reflects badly on the club. It is no way to treat an employee.

What are the board playing at? Why can't they make a decision now?

Seems like they're deliberately trying to wind Danny and the players up. Our preparations for next season must start ASAP. If this is going to be under Danny, back him now. If it's not, start the recruitment process of a new manager now.

This needless time wasting is hurting the club.

What are the board playing at? Why can't they make a decision now?

Seems like they're deliberately trying to wind Danny and the players up. Our preparations for next season must start ASAP. If this is going to be under Danny, back him now. If it's not, start the recruitment process of a new manager now.

This needless time wasting is hurting the club.

It is absolutely typical of them, though, is it not?

Edited by Drew

Completely incomprehensible.

I was just about to post that the Board should have made this decision weeks ago.

Players need to know in the near future whether they are being kept on or not. They should be told this now.

And all this goes on hold......bonkers just bonkers.

I can'r see how this is in the best interests of the club.

Edited by ds10

"The Board of St Mirren Football Club met this morning to discuss various routine matters. There is obviously speculation regarding the manager's contract.

No decision was made in relation to this and the Board will re-convene early next week to consider matters further."

Poor stuff. Both the board and Danny were being complimented on the dignified and supportive way they'd handled things this season.

As Lex says, leaving the club in limbo for a week is not a good idea and, as a fan, I don't think it sends the right message to anyone about the future direction of the club. It's been a topsy turvy season, the players need to know what's happening with contracts and it'd be nice to think that we had already identified and were working on signing new players for next season.

Poor stuff. Both the board and Danny were being complimented on the dignified and supportive way they'd handled things this season.

As Lex says, leaving the club in limbo for a week is not a good idea and, as a fan, I don't think it sends the right message to anyone about the future direction of the club. It's been a topsy turvy season, the players need to know what's happening with contracts and it'd be nice to think that we had already identified and were working on signing new players for next season.

Oh, and there is the small matter of the club looking for people to part with their hard-earned for season tickets.

This is attrociously poor management/stewardship by the BoD. I wonder if they might be stalling in order to try tie up the deal to sell their shares. If so, it is selfish, and is putting their own interests in front of the club's. Pure conjecture on my part, mind.

It doesn't really matter why they have stalled this, there cannot be a particularly credible explantion, and, at best, it is a very shoddy way to treat Danny, Tommy, and the squad players who are almost out of contract. Who would blame them for looking elsewhere now.

Piss poor!

If we beat Hearts at the weekend, there's a chance we could still finish 7th which I think would be our best finish in a lot of years.

Maybe the BOD are worried about the PR of sacking (or at least not retaining) a manager who delivers the highest finish in years so are waitin til after the Hearts game to make any announcement?

Edited by Alba

If we beat Hearts at the weekend, there's a chance we could still finish 7th which I think would be our best finish in a lot of years.

Maybe the BOD are worried about the PR of sacking (or at least not retaining) a manager who delivers the highest finish in years so are waitin til after the Hearts game to make any announcement?

FFS, I nearly choked on my coffee, therelaugh.png

Basically Stewart Gilmour has to take the blame for this. There is no way he should have gone on the radio last night and announced (intentionally or otherwise) that there was a board meeting to decide the manager's future. Unless he knew a decision would be taken. Just makes the club and himself look stupid.

Wouldn't surprise me entirely if the board realised that the difference between 7th and 10th is around 150K in prize money, and if they gave Danny the boot now the team wouldn't have a lot of incentive to aim for 7th. By delaying incentive to finish 7th still remains to an extent.

Extrememly bad PR and I would be horrified (if I was Danny, Tommy or even any one of the players who are out of contract) if my employer treated me like this.

There is always a lot of talk about playing for the shirt....How are any of the players going to play for the shirt when they get treated like this by the club. Ridiculous.

Edited by ds10

Basically Stewart Gilmour has to take the blame for this. There is no way he should have gone on the radio last night and announced (intentionally or otherwise) that there was a board meeting to decide the manager's future. Unless he knew a decision would be taken. Just makes the club and himself look stupid.

Wouldn't surprise me entirely if the board realised that the difference between 7th and 10th is around 150K in prize money, and if they gave Danny the boot now the team wouldn't have a lot of incentive to aim for 7th. By delaying incentive to finish 7th still remains to an extent.

Nah, I don't think any additional incentive is required for finishing 7th. For the players, it is about professional pride, and increasing their stock to earn a new deal or a move elsewhere. For the management team, it is much the same.

Leaving things hanging is only likely to unsettle them, and (justifiably, it would seem) result in bad feeling. I genuinely cannot think of any reasonable excuse for this laterst debacle.

Poor footballing decision - what more are we going to know about Danny Lennon by Monday morning? It just leads to speculation (are we waiting for one of the managers currently involved in the play-offs - how long will that take to be resolved and will other clubs get a head start on us?) and increases the feeling the BoD don't really want to renew his contract.

Poor decision in terms of the stress this indecision will have on the manager and many of the players who will obviously be wondering about their futures.

I think more than ever this suggests he is gone although I agree it was poor not to make that announcement today. As a previous post stated i think they are wanting to avoid any flak on Saturday plus it gives them more time to sound out a replacement. If he was being offered a new deal it would have been decided / announced today surely.