No Decision On Danny For Now

Gilmour used to talk about succession planning and promoting from within. That was the story when Coughlin replaced Tom Hendrie and when McPherson replaced Coughlin. Whilst there is some sense in that logic the problem with it is that it leads to assistants who become less than supportive of the manager in order to speed up getting the job, and you often get an assistant who's tainted with the previous managers failings.

What I would be wary of though is the extent to which certain players within the squad are able to influence decisions on managerial matters with directors in the boardroom.

The only reason we've ever done that is to save money. Cheap options for managers have been the way ever since the current board have been in charge.

St.mirren football club, the embarrassment of scottish football. Stuart gilmour is legend in my eyes for what he's done but Danny has been treated like shit the way I see it!!

He should be given another contract, maybe with someone else as his number two? Who, I don't know, that's up to people who know more than me..

If we bring someone else in( I can't see anyone adequate ) then they have to hit the ground running, otherwise the same inbreds on here who wished for gus's head, who wished for Danny's head will soon wish for new guy's head, Groundhog Day Central... Am pished, that's all!!

3. The decision will be made on Monday.

If it was cut and dried then why have the board delayed? Doesn't make any sense.

Deja vu ? 2010 , Gus sacked on the Monday morning after another year of survival ?

Someone mentioned that one of the players is moving up to coach my money is on Thomo while Div on twitter mentions Tommy Craig as next boss. Looking at the bigger picture it all makes sense. There will have to be cut backs with Hearts going down and a possible Hamilton replacing Hibs. Of course this speculation in my part but very feasible given the cut backs that would need to be made. Both are within. Still think there must be a chance for Danny to stay. Would love to be a fly on the wall at Mondays board meeting.

What a f**king load of dribble.

He's seen out his contract, if he goes, he goes.

If he's still manager next season, good on him.

There's to much surmising on here.

If some of use are embarrassed, then your easily offended.

I've no doubt there's more to this than any of us know, it's not just about what we see, snippets from contacts or "spin" phone calls. Murray has worked well at Dumbarton, McIntyre well at QotS though poor at DAFC and not many others around...Clarke or anyone else who's done anything done South is out our budget range.

Austin has gone so the flight of fancy signings may end. I have huge worries about where the pick up has come from, doesn't feel like Danny/Tommy are fully responsible. It could easily be a push from agents, but again it could be from open discussion and Danny getting his arse off the bench. Young players have come through, though Mathers identified Dilo and Longwell brought Jason & Sean through. Obvious signings have worked, your McGowan etc and even Kello, but so many others haven't and then cost us money. That money cost will have effected the financial profile, pulling money through. The board can't, no matter how many people shout, fill those gaps. Should they mortgage their house again, draw down on a pension...lord forbid they then try getting the soft loan back.

If Danny gets an extension it should be a one year rolling deal, get through pre-season without drama, build a squad, be consistent and then look at it again. Do that and we may just have our season sorted early, agents can put their phones down and Danny won't need to go to the press.

This is my last post on this account!

I did say that before Danny left the club, I naively assumed if Danny left Tommy would be going with him. Oh well... It's been emotional ;)

Don

This is my last post on this account!

I did say that before Danny left the club, I naively assumed if Danny left Tommy would be going with him. Oh well... It's been emotional ;)

't always agree with you but at the end of the day you are a good poster guys like you are needed on the forum so stay on or just change your name to Tommy Craig or something :)