No Decision On Danny For Now

He would tell you, but you'll only get upset.

No I wouldn't, I think it is a tough call and can see both sides of the argument. I just don't think Danny could rebuild a squad that he has manged to have everyone go out of contract at the same time.

Don't want to start a new thread til it's confirmed but I'm hearing Danny is getting a new contract.

I hope it's true but I admit that like a fair number of us, it was a close call on my part. I think Danny just about deserves it but he certainly doesn't deserve a lot of the abuse he consistently gets from some of our fans. I started reading this forum just about when Danny took the helm and a lot of the guys who are his biggest critics today were at it before he had metaphorically kicked a ball. I'm sure too, that this season a few things have been amiss off the park.

Maybe Thistle were the only team that could afford to pay what he was wanting and we wanted him off our books? Who knows.

It's worked out ok in the end .

Can he be trusted to rebuild the squad again? Hmm I'm not 100% sure.

They couldn't afford his wages and only paid a part of them.

Dundee were also in for him but it looks like Mair was calling the shots.

He knew he wasn't wanted here but he didn't want to leave this area.

It wasn't the fact he left but to a direct rival

Madness

I hope it's true but I admit that like a fair number of us, it was a close call on my part. I think Danny just about deserves it but he certainly doesn't deserve a lot of the abuse he consistently gets from some of our fans. I started reading this forum just about when Danny took the helm and a lot of the guys who are his biggest critics today were at it before he had metaphorically kicked a ball. I'm sure too, that this season a few things have been amiss off the park.

Happens with some players too. You can hear the shouts of "haw, you're f*ckin sh*te!", sometimes even before they've set foot on the pitch.

My seat is very near the dug-out vary rarely have I ever heard anything shouted at Danny only things like get a sub on - or get him off nothing bad. If it's coming from the west bank then it can't be heard in the main stand thankfully. Hope that's true HSS

I think its time for Danny to go, OK has kept us up but how close has it been? Some of his decisions he has made over the last few seasons have been bad, that's my opinion. If he goes good luck if he stays got to do better.

Just watched a brief interview with Danny on Reporting Scotland. No other way I can think to say this - Danny's patter is shite.

I can't help it, he makes me cringe every time he opens his gob.

My patter is shite, too.

Doesn't make me a bad guy.

You have to laugh at everyone who says Lennon deserves a new contract after everything he has done for st.mirren, what about everything st.mirren has done for him?

He's very lucky he has lasted this long in the job with his abysmal record in the league, the board have been more than very fair with him, he would of been sacked by now at any other spl club, he's had a good run at it.

Why the concern for Lennon?

Major trophy, highest league finish in a thousand years.

There will obviously be a queue of clubs waiting to snatch him.

We're lucky to have held on to him this long...

Why the concern for Lennon?

Major trophy, highest league finish in a thousand years.

There will obviously be a queue of clubs waiting to snatch him.

We're lucky to have held on to him this long...

Bet you Danny get snatched up a lot quicker and at a higher level than your Gus friend smile.png

Just watched a brief interview with Danny on Reporting Scotland. No other way I can think to say this - Danny's patter is shite.

I can't help it, he makes me cringe every time he opens his gob.

Watched it with the mrs, she said "is that man ill?"

He does look a bit gaunt, suppose the pressure of contracting coming to an end will take its toll!

Hmm. Open to debate!

Remember the very first 'talk in' with Danny and Ian Jenkins though? Of course you do!

Hey, no debate on this one.

In saying all that, he has conducted himself better than certain other club officials of late....