No Decision On Danny For Now

You have to laugh at everyone who says Lennon deserves a new contract after everything he has done for st.mirren, what about everything st.mirren has done for him?

He's very lucky he has lasted this long in the job with his abysmal record in the league, the board have been more than very fair with him, he would of been sacked by now at any other spl club, he's had a good run at it.

FFS, James,

So, who is your preferred candidate?

The board haven't been 'fair', they have copped out!

The Saints v Celtic will be part of my Season Ticket. Thankfully nae need to splash out any extra to witness the inevitable drubbing. holiday.gif

Cannot but admire your stoicism and acceptance of the inevitable. Will make sure I dont pay good money to watch a Saints v Celtic match for the next 50 years then.

Oh, I just noticed that those other giants, StJohnstone, managed two goals in a couple of minutes against the Celts. This is more that we have managed in 4 years under Lennon.

Anyway my post said I was ignoring the scandalous record against them and concentrating on the other poor results in the last four years.

Edited by shull

Scandalous against Celtic you say ???

Celtic have more income than the 40 provincial Scottish Clubs combined.

They should be demolishing every Club they meet by lots of goals to nil.

They are f*cking freaks of Scottish Football.

If they beat us every league match for the next 50 years, it widnae matter a jot.

As long as we and other diddy Clubs can win the odd one off cup tie against them, that'll do me.

Managers cannae be sacked for continuosly losing league matches to the multi millionaires of Celtic Park.

Don't want to split hairs, but Hearts and Hibs aren't provincial clubs. They both come from the capital city.

Don't want to split hairs, but Hearts and Hibs aren't provincial clubs. They both come from the capital city.

Compared to Celtic and that Club who are deid, we are all provincial Clubs.

As Danny waits to find out where the 'Finger Of Fate' will be inserted......

Has anyone considered whatever their opinion who may succeed him should the 'Finger' go up????

So far all that seems to be forthcoming is a guy from a lower league whose won nothing.... How will that guarantee a higher league finish, dramatically improved performance and squad selection?

Will he be using his extensive network of contacts in the lower leagues to re-build the squad..?

Has anyone considered that if a new manager is appointed his track record and ability to use contacts to bring half decent players in will help all our decent out of contracts players and anyone that could command a fee decide if they want to stay or take another offer?

Bring an untried manager from the lower leagues in who will struggle to attract/ persuade good players to stay/join and we'll sure as eggs are eggs be fielding a team of championship triers .... Again!

Compared to Celtic and that Club who are deid, we are all provincial Clubs.

As Leicester Saint implies, Celtic and TCFKAR are provincial clubs. The size of the club is not relevant.

As Danny waits to find out where the 'Finger Of Fate' will be inserted......

Has anyone considered whatever their opinion who may succeed him should the 'Finger' go up????

So far all that seems to be forthcoming is a guy from a lower league whose won nothing.... How will that guarantee a higher league finish, dramatically improved performance and squad selection?

It won't guarantee anything , but will hopefully bring to an end a seemingly endless list of players coming in , none of whom make an impact , or a given a chance to !

You have to laugh at everyone who says Lennon deserves a new contract after everything he has done for st.mirren, what about everything st.mirren has done for him?

He's very lucky he has lasted this long in the job with his abysmal record in the league, the board have been more than very fair with him, he would of been sacked by now at any other spl club, he's had a good run at it.

Actually that is not an unreasonable point.

He's been very well paid for 3 or 4 years to do a job he loves.

You're also right, he'd have been sacked by many other clubs by now.

Really torn as my thoughts on Danny. Is it a case of "better the devil you know"?

Gain a bit of stability and hopefully take lessons from mistakes this season?

Who comes in if he does go?

I am really angry with timing of boards non statement and the fact they were invisible as Danny (rightly so a lot this season) took extensive flak! They, for me have a lot to answer for!!!

Typical St Mirren!

Quite touching interview with Danny there. Thanking Tony F for his comments in the paper and also talking about the support of his wife and kids in the past few months.

Chick Young throwing in Gary Locke's name as a possible replacement.

Gary Locke BBC......

Lennon's future is being discussed by the St Mirren board but Locke insists he is the man for the job.

"He has kept them in the league again, won them a trophy last season, what more can Danny do?

"If St Mirren had been relegated, you could understand it. But he has secured their safety and if you are being realistic, keeping St Mirren in the Premiership is a fantastic achievement.

"As well as that, they had that great run to the final where they beat us last year. Allied to that, they have brought through some great young players too.

"I just find it all baffling."

danny has to be given another year , been unlucky in signings , who actually does the scouting for buddies or do we just do the usual dvd thingy or the old pals act. I also fear no matter who comes in we will be facing relegation at least we can depend on danny keeping us in the league as he has consistently done you cant argue with facts. its a tricky one . good luck to the board because whoever they appoint they must take some of the blame.

Quite touching interview with Danny there. Thanking Tony F for his comments in the paper and also talking about the support of his wife and kids in the past few months.

Chick Young throwing in Gary Locke's name as a possible replacement.

Aye, he was very dignified, and demonstrated genuine class (again).

I've decided that I now feel he should be given a new deal. Even one further year, to see how things pan out. The biggest factor in the end is his approach to playing young players, and his commitment to the club in a more general sense.

I'm not convinced that anyone who might come in will do a better job.

Sorry as much as I like the man I feel his time has ran it's course. It is better he goes now and not when the fans turn on him again.

Who would you bring in to replace Danny that you think could take us forward ?

If Hibs go down budgets will be cut further this season make no mistake about that. If new owners come in and pay 1.5 million for the club then that money will come back out the club over time. No one is going to pay money for the club and not get it back again make no mistake about that ether.

So I can see cuts coming and for me Danny is good with youth a proven fact. He is the man.

If he goes he goes. I'll be sad to see him leave. I genuinely like him. He's top bloke, a class act and has served us well and been an absolute credit to the club in his dealings with the media, fans etc.

My only concern about him going is that he could end up at a Killie or someone of that ilk and come back to bite us.