Where Are You Going This Summer

Touring the Highlands and Islands first stop Loch Leven so we can visit Loch Leven Seafood restaurant which is a cracker. Then on to Sky , Harris , South Uist , Barra then the long sail to Oban for the ferry to Mull then back to the mainland for a night in Tarbet with its many fine eateries.

Predications are this will be one of the warmest summers hope so.

Touring the Highlands and Islands first stop Loch Leven so we can visit Loch Leven Seafood restaurant which is a cracker. Then on to Sky , Harris , South Uist , Barra then the long sail to Oban for the ferry to Mull then back to the mainland for a night in Tarbet with its many fine eateries.

Predications are this will be one of the warmest summers hope so.

Does this include the north isles?!

Family wedding in Shetland in August.

Probably Glasgow for a few days as well.

Inverness to Aberdeen for flight to London Heathrow then onwards to Shanghai.

Shanghai to Fuzhou to meet my new Daughter in Law's Parents. It's the Wedding Celebration in her home Town.

Fuzhou to Bejing for the Tourist bit.

Bejing to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors.

Back to Shanghai on the Bullet train shock1.gif (200 mph+) for the last week and some sightseeing.

Around 15,500 miles all up.

Canny Wait.....

Shanghai to Fuzhou to meet my new Daughter in Law's Parents. It's the Wedding Celebration in her home Town.

Back to Shanghai on the Bullet train shock1.gif (200 mph+) for the last week and some sightseeing.

Canny Wait.....

Now that's what I call a holiday.

Enjoy.:)

Sweden in July. Hiking, climbing and advanced loafing/pottering. Great food, fantastic weather, can be a bit too hot for me but I'll get to eat my own body weight in great seafood and miss England's three games in the world cup.

Driving to Paris for a week in June, staying in Disneyland. Stopping off at Ribby Hall outside St Anne's for a 4 nights on the way home.

Playa Blanca in Lanzarote July for a week in July.

Going to Disneyland Paris in July and St Annes in October.

Its a small, small world.

Canny Wait.....

WOW that will be amazing have a great time.

Crete in June.

Went to Rethymon 22yrs ago . Had a great time . Visited the museum in Herakleon , Knonsis (a must see) and the Sumarian Gorge(biggest gorge in Europe) . Loved the south of the island despite the hairaising roads to get there and would definately go back there. .

Only downside is the place is full of cretens. .

whistling.gif

WOW that will be amazing have a great time.

Thanks Ian,will try my hardest....

Can't help thinking it is going to be a wee tad hot with the Kilt on down in Fuzhou.....

Just think of the places that will recognise a Saints top by the time I get back...

One thing...this years top or the new one for some pictures..????

Went to Rethymon 22yrs ago . Had a great time . Visited the museum in Herakleon , Knonsis (a must see) and the Sumarian Gorge(biggest gorge in Europe) . Loved the south of the island despite the hairaising roads to get there and would definately go back there. .

Only downside is the place is full of cretens. .

:whistle

We have been before, though to a different area.

The island has a great vibe, and the folk were very welcoming and suitably laid back. I am hoping to walk the gorge, it sounds spectacular from what I have heard.

We have been before, though to a different area.

The island has a great vibe, and the folk were very welcoming and suitably laid back. I am hoping to walk the gorge, it sounds spectacular from what I have heard.

The gorge is superb , including a nice ferry trip to get there. Hopefully , by the time you get there , the wild waters will have dissipated .

Have you been to Knossos. .

Generally , the folk are fine . However , when I was there , Lamont pulled out of the ERM and suddenly no-one wanted our British notes , which was a bit disconcerting . Eventually , we found a guy who was very appreciative of what the British and New Zealand troops had done for them in WW2 and we got a good rate for our Sterling . There was one other guy , a waiter in a restaurant whom seemed disconcerted when he asked if l was "celtic Glasgow or rangers" and got "neither of them, thanks" . I then had to educate him about Paisley Saint Mirren . Later when I asked him for pitta bread he said "what , you think we are Cypriots!"

In the second week we met some fantastic folk who appreciated my attempts at the Greek language and my tales of Paisley and Saint Mirren . I taught them to say FTOF , am I bad. .

Going to Cairns in North Queensland in August for August. We'll try to get down to Sydney for a few days, too, visiting family and doing the touristy stuff, but I suspect it might be a bit chilly down there at that time of the year.