Where Are You Going This Summer

Off to Lanzarote (Puerto Del Carmen) a week on Tuesday for 11 nights! Our third visit in a year, love the place. Also booked up to go to Portugal end of September.

Off to Lanzarote (Puerto Del Carmen) a week on Tuesday for 11 nights! Our third visit in a year, love the place. Also booked up to go to Portugal end of September.

a wee trip out to Puerto Calero is well worth 12 euros in the taxi. there is a rare wee string of restaurants, chill out bars and other pubs along the marina quayside. we were there last month, first time in Lanzarote and were knocked out by the place

I'm off to Brazil for the World Cup, myself and five mates been planning it for years as we all turn 30.

Fly in to Recife for Japan v Ivory Coast. Then to Natal for Ghana v USA followed by a drive along the coast to Fortaleza for Ghana v Germany. Flight to Belo Horizonte for England v Costa Rica then final leg on to Rio.

Now just five weeks away, been talking about it since it was announced donkeys ago!

Superb... Any chance you could start a new thread when you get back telling us about your adventure and post lots of photos of the stadiums, games, fans... anything!

Could link to them on Photobucket or some other hosting site. Pretty sure a lot of forum Buddies would be interested to see them.

I'm off to Brazil for the World Cup, myself and five mates been planning it for years as we all turn 30.

Fly in to Recife for Japan v Ivory Coast. Then to Natal for Ghana v USA followed by a drive along the coast to Fortaleza for Ghana v Germany. Flight to Belo Horizonte for England v Costa Rica then final leg on to Rio.

Now just five weeks away, been talking about it since it was announced donkeys ago!

Where did you get your Costa Rica tops?

Superb... Any chance you could start a new thread when you get back telling us about your adventure and post lots of photos of the stadiums, games, fans... anything!

Could link to them on Photobucket or some other hosting site. Pretty sure a lot of forum Buddies would be interested to see them.

Yeah, definitely! One of my mates has been trying his best to blag free stuff in return for writing a bit of a blog, managed to get hold of an Autographer camera, so no doubt plenty of photos! Will stick something together when I get back.

Vambo, we are toying with selling the England tickets. Their game is the 24th in Belo Horizonte with Brazil having their last group game at the Maracana on the 25th, kinda want to be in Rio for that!

As we have two Ghana games we kinda have to support them, although puma asking for £80 for a shirt!

Yeah, definitely! One of my mates has been trying his best to blag free stuff in return for writing a bit of a blog, managed to get hold of an Autographer camera, so no doubt plenty of photos! Will stick something together when I get back.

Vambo, we are toying with selling the England tickets. Their game is the 24th in Belo Horizonte with Brazil having their last group game at the Maracana on the 25th, kinda want to be in Rio for that!

As we have two Ghana games we kinda have to support them, although puma asking for £80 for a shirt!

Wait till you get there... the markets will probably have them dirt cheap. If that fails... Black up shaun.gif

I'm relying on the real genuine fake market in Brazil!

I'm relying on the real genuine fake market in Brazil!

Forget the genuine fake market you can get the genuine club tops for 40 reals = £10.00 obviously if you buy in the tourist area you will pay more but they are readily available at a £10.00. I'm out in Brazil at the moment with work and have spent a lot of time in this country. Be careful mate and have your wits about you this is an 'extremely' dangerous country especially when the sun goes down.

Forget the genuine fake market you can get the genuine club tops for 40 reals = £10.00 obviously if you buy in the tourist area you will pay more but they are readily available at a £10.00. I'm out in Brazil at the moment with work and have spent a lot of time in this country. Be careful mate and have your wits about you this is an 'extremely' dangerous country especially when the sun goes down.

Edit to add.

Spoke with a few locals - all games are sold out so touts are charging up to Reals 1,000 a ticket. If you want any info PM me as I work with locals

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Guest TPAFKATS

Heard Malta advertised on the radio repeatedly today... never been and planted a seed.

Anyone been to Malta?

Thoughts?

If its one of those holidays your after, I'd suggest Mshagaluf...

Malta, never been - should be ok unless the Ruskies have discovered it yet?

If its one of those holidays your after, I'd suggest Mshagaluf...

Malta, never been - should be ok unless the Ruskies have discovered it yet?

I did realise that my poor punctuation was leaving me wide open... but I couldn't be arsed editing and am Glad I didn't!

thumbup2.gif

Edit to add.

Spoke with a few locals - all games are sold out so touts are charging up to Reals 1,000 a ticket. If you want any info PM me as I work with locals

Cheers for the info mate. Yeah, we are travelling in a reasonable size group, not taking anything of value, etc so will be smart about things. Think it brought it home when we arranged to hire a car and one of the options was an armoured vehicle!

Ok for one visit.

(Though a Buddie loves it, has a timeshare...)

Over developed and populated, sunny, friendly, not scenic.

Oliver Reed died in a pub we visited: that was the highlight of a week.

And... It's.... NOT EK, tongue.png

Yeh , I did that one visit , possibly the dustiest place I have ever visited ( yeh even dustier than Humpden before the big refurb).

The boat trip over to Gozo was probably the highlight of the trip . .

I only saw the pubs Keith Moon had been in and that was bloody most of them. .holiday.gif

Heard Malta advertised on the radio repeatedly today... never been and planted a seed.

Anyone been to Malta?

Thoughts?

There is one beach on the other side of the island from the capital and it's not great. There is a lot of history if that's your thing and the fortification walls around the harbour are a real eye opener due to their thickness. Ok for a weekend but a holiday for a week or two weeks would not recommend.

Anyone been to Malta?

Thoughts?

Heard Malta advertised on the radio repeatedly today... never been and planted a seed. Anyone been to Malta? Thoughts?

There is one beach on the other side of the island from the capital and it's not great. There is a lot of history if that's your thing and the fortification walls around the harbour are a real eye opener due to their thickness. Ok for a weekend but a holiday for a week or two weeks would not recommend.Heard Malta advertised on the radio repeatedly today... never been and planted a seed. Anyone been to Malta? Thoughts?

Great post! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Off to Aberdeen tomorrow,wee day out in the Granite City then fly out to start holiday on Saturday. Shanghai here we come !!!!!

A late addition to the party will be the Thommohawk...complete with this seasons new top.

Look out for pictures of the Hawk in various famous landmarks around China ...Great Wall ,Tiannemen Square, at the Terracotta warriors and........

The PANDAS ...at the zoo..Jin Mao Tower and many more.

"The Hawk in China".....coming soon....clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif