Where Are You Going This Summer

Aye, a thin/non existent link to the commonwealth games, although I really don't care, it's a mixed bag, I'll like the majority and enjoy the setting, not often you can sit in a castle and enjoy a concert. thumbup2.gif

I'll gie you a wave. bye1.gif

bye1.gif

Apologies mate, had missed this before now.

I drove from Agios Nikolaus to Plakka (for boat over to Spinalonga) and actually took the high road turning by accident. Sheesh, that was...er, interesting! I think I fared better driving than the family did as passengers, though, as I had to concentrate (very fully!) on the road as opposed to peering into the abyss.

We didn't walk the gorge as I don't think my less than adventurous offspring would have been up for it. Next time, though (we'll go back without the girls).

The fact that the road is on the narrow side and that , usually there is no barrier helps the experience too.

It was similar with myself , I was doing okay driving the wee Diahatsu with four adults in it , until my Buddies wife in the back started screaming because there was a three ton truck coming down the mountain towards us. .

I have never been to Spinalonga but if l remember correctly , it has an old fort on it. There are probably another couple of islands worth a trip . Some people go to Santorini from Crete too , but that is a longer trip. .

Aye, a thin/non existent link to the commonwealth games, although I really don't care, it's a mixed bag, I'll like the majority and enjoy the setting, not often you can sit in a castle and enjoy a concert. :thumbs2

I'll gie you a wave. :byebye

What will your umbrella look like when you wave? I'd hate to confuse yours wi the hunners of others that'll be on show on Saturday night. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650225

I was in Menorca with the family for the past 2 weeks, in Cala'n Bosch. My 3 year old insisted on wearing a saints top (to the point of a falling down tantrum if denied) most days.

When anyone asked him his name he replied "Steven Thompson". Doubt anyone else had a clue what he was on about, but made his dad very proud!

I was in Menorca with the family for the past 2 weeks, in Cala'n Bosch. My 3 year old insisted on wearing a saints top (to the point of a falling down tantrum if denied) most days.

When anyone asked him his name he replied "Steven Thompson". Doubt anyone else had a clue what he was on about, but made his dad very proud!

clap.gif

• 4 weeks later...