Lennon Gone - Confirmed

Neil Lennon seemed to manage it!

Neil Lennon spent time on the coaching staff before taking over.... No matter how long it was, he had more experience than Thommo.

Personally, i wouldn't mine Murray or Ferguson. Certainly will be going back whoever the manager is. You support the team no matter what.

Man United fans were disheartened with moyes since xmas.. still 75000 fans every week.

Newcastle hate pardew, still have 50.000 fans every week. 3rd highest attendance in England.

Support the team No matter what.

St Mirren till you die is something that should be true. Not throwing the toys out the pram because you dont like the manager

Same position in a largely part time league? It has 3 part time teams out of 10, his side are one of the 3 and he finished 5th! Jeez.

No, he won't guarantee a top 6 finish, no one would, keeping Danny would have guaranteed a bottom 6 finish though.

Danny's gone, is not about if he,d stayed, it's about what is the vision for our club?

I,m f**ked if I know what the Bod,s vision is other than FFS somebody please buy us oot!

if Murray comes then Ross comes with him and it will be the last the club see of me or any money i spend there. I will also look elsewhere for any further events that i run

same goes for Ferguson.

On balance, I dont think either suggestion has any mileage in it

if Murray comes then Ross comes with him and it will be the last the club see of me or any money i spend there. I will also look elsewhere for any further events that i run

same goes for Ferguson.

Fully understand everyone is entitled to their opinion. Come on nobody is bigger better than St Mirren managers players will come and go St Mirren live on we are a Renfrewshire institution. No matter who is appointed manager I will be a St Mirren supporter for life.

Mixed feelings about this. Its probably the right decision in as far as he has had four year with us but the league form has been insipid to say the least and at time catastrophic. We have drifted in the league far too much and we all know about how the bulk of the signings have been. The summer when we brought Thomson and co in was fantastic and we did look like kicking on in the league that year, but stuttered as ever. The cup win was fantastic obviously. And he definitely was a good guy and took the time to connect with as many of the punterdom and the wider community. Four years is quite a while in football these days and the board gave him a good go at it and allowed him to see out his contract, which is entirely fair. He leaves with most folks best wishes.

The big thing now is how we reboot the club. We need to get this right and there's no guarantee we will even have the relative success of staying in the league that Lennon and his predecessor has given us. Nearly a decade in the top flight and the best we have managed has been 8th and not without our struggles to do it. Id have hoped the with that length of time in the top flight we might have made more of a go at making top half but it has never looked on really and we have rarely managed a season without some worries about relegation. You can accept ups and downs, but in league terms we really haven't had anything other than "meh" really. Probably right enough to move on and see if someone else can kick the club up the table a bit. It might not work out, but its worth a go.

same goes for Ferguson.

You sound like a top fan.

Mixed feelings about this. Its probably the right decision in as far as he has had four year with us but the league form has been insipid to say the least and at time catastrophic. We have drifted in the league far too much and we all know about how the bulk of the signings have been. The summer when we brought Thomson and co in was fantastic and we did look like kicking on in the league that year, but stuttered as ever. The cup win was fantastic obviously. And he definitely was a good guy and took the time to connect with as many of the punterdom and the wider community. Four years is quite a while in football these days and the board gave him a good go at it and allowed him to see out his contract, which is entirely fair. He leaves with most folks best wishes.

The big thing now is how we reboot the club. We need to get this right and there's no guarantee we will even have the relative success of staying in the league that Lennon and his predecessor has given us. Nearly a decade in the top flight and the best we have managed has been 8th and not without our struggles to do it. Id have hoped the with that length of time in the top flight we might have made more of a go at making top half but it has never looked on really and we have rarely managed a season without some worries about relegation. You can accept ups and downs, but in league terms we really haven't had anything other than "meh" really. Probably right enough to move on and see if someone else can kick the club up the table a bit. It might not work out, but its worth a go.

Always find myself agreeing with your Saints posts (even if I don't always agree with your non-football ones! :lol:).

Spot on again.

Some of the suggestions for the next manager have me shitting myself.

We really need to get this right.

Whoever we bring in won't be good enough for some people.

There is not much we can do apart from give the new management team a chance and our support, whoever they may be.

Edited by JM1

I'm supposed to be studying for my exam tomorrow and my phone is buzzing every few minutes telling me DL is gone.

Calm down FFS!

I put the tinternet off and on fone as I have an exam tomoro, got the text and I lasted and hr and a half before coming on for a look! Nae time for big post but all the best to Danny, another bit of time wouldn't have hurt IMO and as for who comes in well no matter who it is I'm still getting my season ticket - I support the club as a whole - no player, board member or manager is bigger than the club nor my love for it! right back to the books!

Some of the suggestions for the next manager have me shitting myself.

We really need to get this right.

I'm just recalling a message that I got a couple of months back (from an extremely reliable source, I may add). It said that our next managerial team will be Tommy Craig and John Collins.

I'm just recalling a message that I got a couple of months back (from an extremely reliable source, I may add). It said that our next managerial team will be Tommy Craig and John Collins.

I heard it was Edwyn Collins... But I,ve never met a potential manager like him before

I,d take Collins and give him my support (John that is)

Edited by Lord Pityme