Lennon Gone - Confirmed

Failure to land top six is the reason the Bod are giving in so many words "lack of consistent performances and results" and the simple reason they didn,t punt him at the split is they didn,t want to pay up the last three months of his contract, they,d much Rather run it down and give whoever takes over half a squad to work with and no time to properly identify good replacements.

We'll f**king done the Bod of SMFC

Neil Lennon spent time on the coaching staff before taking over.... No matter how long it was, he had more experience than Thommo.

Personally, i wouldn't mine Murray or Ferguson. Certainly will be going back whoever the manager is. You support the team no matter what.

Man United fans were disheartened with moyes since xmas.. still 75000 fans every week.

Newcastle hate pardew, still have 50.000 fans every week. 3rd highest attendance in England.

Support the team No matter what.

St Mirren till you die is something that should be true. Not throwing the toys out the pram because you dont like the manager

Cheers Danny. All the best.

Hopefully the new manager will get a fair chance from the players and supporters, although if its Murray it appears he wont going on a lot of the posts in this thread.

I heard it was Edwyn Collins... But I,ve never met a potential manager like him before

I,d take Collins and give him my support (John that is)

OranJuScraping the barrell with that pun?!

Thanks for giving me the most unbelievable day as a St Mirren supporter when we won the league cup lat year.

I do agree it was the right time for a change. He tried to bring attractive football to St Mirren in his first season and quickly realised he had chosen the wrong players to achieve that, learned from his mistakes and done well in his second season with us finishing 8th.

Last season we were very poor in the league, when you consider the team we had, and if it wasn't for the league cup I reckon he would have gone end of last season.

This season too much has happened to justify giving him another year. Signing so many players with the majority of them being punted in January was a huge waste of our money. Trying to build a team round Harkins which left McGowan playing in a holding midfield role. Failure to get central defender in. Players being played out of position. Poor tactical decisions such as sending a team out in the second half to defend against Hearts when we were cruising 1-0 up... We were lucky to finish 8th thankfully he managed to get us a run at the end of the season to secure our safety.

He is a genuinely nice guy who always talked up our club and he leaves a legend for winning us the cup. I wish him every success in the future.

The BOD deserve credit for making a bold decision. It would have been an easy option for them to give him a new deal, based on 2x 8th finishes and cup win, but thankfully they have looked at the bigger picture.

We have had good success with most of our BOD managerial appointments in recent years, Tom Hendrie, McPherson & Danny. So I have no doubt they will select another man who will do at good job for us and hopefully bring us more consistent league performances.

Cheers Danny, you gave me a win over Celtic in Glasgow in a major cup semi-final to celebrate with my Son and daughter and for that I will be forever grateful. Won't be renewing three adult season tickets as I will not pay money till I know what kind of football I will be watching. There is no room for error next season as the play off will no doubt involve Rangers Hearts or even Hibs, Falkirk could also be big players if they don't come up given the extra gates they will get. I hope the BOD get this right because they are as much to blame as Danny for last season. Also was informed they did not announce the decision on Wednesday as they were worried about fan reaction against them on Saturday

During a meeting with St Mirren board this morning, Danny Lennon was told his contract would not be renewed. Shortly after this meeting Tommy Craig held a meeting with the St Mirren board. Led to believe, Craig's position hasn't been decided one way or t'other

STV Raman Twitter.

I wouldn't trust any info from someone called Raman Twitter.

At least we have avoided the 4-6-0 formation for the duration of next season.

What ever you think of the decision at Hearts, at least they had the good sense to have a new team lined up before they made the decision.

Meanwhile every one on our players who is out of contract at the endo of the season is left in limbo, and looking around at other clubs.

SG and the board should take note.

Four years is quite a while in football these days and the board gave him a good go at it and allowed him to see out his contract, which is entirely fair. He leaves with most folks best wishes.

For me, these sentences are really important. No-one manages a football club forever. Best for all concerned, then, to leave at the end of a contract and when good will prevails.

The one thing I would change is Gilmour's press debacle last week. You would hope that someone at the club had a word with Danny before this morning - but it doesn't look like that has happened.

It's the right decision.

I know there's a lot of people scared of change on here and I know he has a lot of supporters.

However, there was no case for him to get a new deal, and any rational examination of the facts showed this.

Therefore I'm glad the board have came to the obvious and correct conclusion.

Danny leaves with his head held high and our best wishes. We must now move on, the new era starts now.

Brilliant...You've finally seen the light!

All you other scardies should vote YES in September too!

zGtNCsh.gif

Thats a cracker

Cheers Danny, you gave me a win over Celtic in Glasgow in a major cup semi-final to celebrate with my Son and daughter and for that I will be forever grateful. Won't be renewing three adult season tickets as I will not pay money till I know what kind of football I will be watching. There is no room for error next season as the play off will no doubt involve Rangers Hearts or even Hibs, Falkirk could also be big players if they don't come up given the extra gates they will get. I hope the BOD get this right because they are as much to blame as Danny for last season. Also was informed they did not announce the decision on Wednesday as they were worried about fan reaction against them on Saturday

Oh deary me.

I am worried about this decision as I have lost confidence in the board when it comes to the day to day decision making and long term strategic planning in relation to our club.

It made sense for Gus to be shown the door not just as the football was poor but because he had very little interest in taking risks with giving young players a chance. After setting up a training centre and a decent youth system that seemed to be out of line with out strategy as a club. Whether by design or accident, Lennon finished the season with Dilo, Naismith, Kelly, McLean and McGinn as the first names on the team sheet. As a business, bringing through young players and selling them off seems to be the only way forward for us and I would say Danny has done a decent job there, in addition to a cup win, a couple of high (for us) league finishes and being a good face for our club in the community.

The fiasco over refusing to announce his future on Thursday, making the guy sit through his last ever game with us without knowing the future, and then promptly sacking him on Monday sums up my concerns about a lack of leadership at the club which has probably created many of Danny's problems this season.

Hearts have punted Locke and announced a new manager all on the same day.

I can't see us announcing John Collins as manager tomorrow and SG going in front of the cameras to reaffirm our commitment to bringing through youth, building a community club and trying to entertain fans with good football.

I can see us fannying about, losing McLean, McGowan and Teale, and then appointing someone of the calibre of Allan Johnston and then getting relegated.

I'm sure Danny will be sorted out with a new club fairly quickly.

Another dummy out the pram so I ta

So I take it you are not a St Miiren fan but a fan of football. Well I hope we play the right way as we need as many punters into St Miiren Park as possible so there is a club in Paisley forever more.

Another dummy out the pram so I ta

So I take it you are not a St Miiren fan but a fan of football. Well I hope we play the right way as we need as many punters into St Miiren Park as possible so there is a club in Paisley forever more.

You take it all wrong I have been watching St Mirren since 1965 with the exception of the end of both Miller and MacPhersons managerial terms those two were just too boring for words. All in all I have missed very few home games and go to about half the away games but times have change there so much more to do with my Saturday than sit frozen and bored by the type of football played. So I will pay at the gate to see if the product is what I want to watch.

You take it all wrong I have been watching St Mirren since 1965 with the exception of the end of both Miller and MacPhersons managerial terms those two were just too boring for words. All in all I have missed very few home games and go to about half the away games but times have change there so much more to do with my Saturday than sit frozen and bored by the type of football played. So I will pay at the gate to see if the product is what I want to watch.

That's not the way I see supporting St Mirren, but I can see and understand your point!