Lennon Gone - Confirmed

That's a hell of a brief statement, perhaps to be expanded upon later with an article on his four years. I do wish him the best, he'll no doubt have learned from everything that he has gone through and done.

The new man is either lined up or a sale is imminent, surely.

I sincerely hope they have a replacement already lined up, or Saints will be will be even further adrift in the transfer window than we were last year.

I fear that the timing of these events is less then good, but hope that i am wrong

Bye Danny, and thanks a million-it will take some man to fill your shoes at the club

Thanks for everything Danny.

Top man, nice guy and a club legend club legend.

Probably the correct decision to move on.

All the best Danny.

100% agree. If he ever returns to Paisley as the manager of an opposing side he can surely expect a warm welcome from our fans.

Pretty much what people are saying, its sad that he is going but its probably the right time to change, i like that we are prepared to risk everything to move forward rather than being happy struggling with the bottom 6 as we would again next year no doubt.

Tommy Craig apparently was always safe but not for the managers position... if lennon stayed or went, he was still in a job.

Ian Murray would be a good appointment.

Him, Gary Bollan and Barry Ferguson (player/manager) are the 3 names floating around

Edited by Fitzy87

The new manager, whoever he is, should be sacked immediately.

Genuinely laughed out loud, there.

I feel sad for Danny, too. I will never forget the emotional rollercoaster that was 17.03.13, and for that experience, and his part in that, I will always be grateful.

But our league form was just too patchy and I don't think our style of play was either progressive or progressing.

On balance this is the beginning of a correct decision - but it can only be totally correct if they manage not to employ an utter dud as a replacement.

The new man is either lined up or a sale is imminent, surely.

What makes you think this - if we're true to form (for it's the St Mirren way to make things difficult for ourselves) there'll be no one lined up, no club sale over the summer, we'll finally appoint some unproven manager two weeks before the season starts and there will commence the next round of panic buying to manage to get a full squad in place because everyone will have been fed up waiting and signed elsewhere.

I feel so sorry for a really decent man and I'm a bit uncomfortable about some of the unedifying aspects of his departure. I wish him well for the future and hope he gets back into football soon.

I hope whoever steps into Danny's shoes does a first class job and takes the club forward. If he doesn't at least he won't get blamed by some Saints fans. They'll still blame Danny.

If they replace him as has been suggested in a few corners with Barry Ferguson , or a manager with no track record at this level the can whistle for my ticket money.

If a manager has a better than average track record at this level, we'll be unlikely to be able to afford him. Would prefer we went with someone who has exceeded expectations at a lower level, and see if they can do something in the Premiership. I could think of worse appointments than Ian Murray from Dumbarton.