Lennon Gone - Confirmed

Thanks for the hard work Danny, you can leave with dignity knowing that you have played a part in the clubs history.

Danny Lennon had many faults (dont we all!) but for me his greatest attribute was his understanding that we are a comunity club who have fans who are proud of our town and club.

Danny struck me as a man who would go to the ends of the earth to look after supporters and traditions of the club.

We need a bit of this in the new man who takes over.

All the best Danny and thank you for some great memories and our first ever League Cup.

Well we all knew that was happening. I do regret that the club did not do the decent thing by Daniel and tell him categorically that his contract was to be run down. The whole business on Thursday where the board did not make a decision was in poor taste and Daniel deserved better.

Anyway that said, thanks for everything Danny. You leave with your head held high, you have the respect of all folk with a leaning toward the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

I do hope the next fellow is as good with the fan's as Danny was.

What makes you think this - if we're true to form (for it's the St Mirren way to make things difficult for ourselves) there'll be no one lined up, no club sale over the summer, we'll finally appoint some unproven manager two weeks before the season starts and there will commence the next round of panic buying to manage to get a full squad in place because everyone will have been fed up waiting and signed elsewhere.

Just the amount of stories I'm hearing and the amount of people talking about Ian Murray coming in. Baz Ferguson is surely agent talk, whilst I can't see Bollan.

I would just like to wish Danny all the best in his future.........and if Barry Ferguson takes over then I will be after 32 years following him out of St Mirren Park.

Sad to see yet another manager be given his books at our club but it would be even worse to appoint that wee diddy let alone have his name associated with our club.

That's a hell of a brief statement, perhaps to be expanded upon later with an article on his four years. I do wish him the best, he'll no doubt have learned from everything that he has gone through and done.

The new man is either lined up or a sale is imminent, surely.

I doubt we will hear much more detail. the board won't say anything and DL has too much class to go seeking a few bob from the gutter press in exchange for a story.

If a manager has a better than average track record at this level, we'll be unlikely to be able to afford him. Would prefer we went with someone who has exceeded expectations at a lower level, and see if they can do something in the Premiership. I could think of worse appointments than Ian Murray from Dumbarton.

Because Murray has achieved whit? Against who?

Do you know why the Bod fudged making the decision from last week till today?

Because if we had made seventh then they would have to justify sacking the manager who brought the most premiership placed money in for 25 years...

It,s only down on his previous best last season because money was shared more equally with the former SFL clubs.

Can certainly leave with his head held high. Unfortunately inconsistent performances have cost him.

Really think we need to go for experience on this one. Wouldn't be overly encouraged with the likes of Iain Murray or Barry Ferguson.

Anyway thanks for everything Danny. Good Luck.

Edited by Dan Is The Man

Can certainly leave with his head held high. Unfortunately inconsistent performances have cost him.

Really think we need to go for experience on this one. Wouldn't be overly encouraged with the likes of Iain Murray or Barry Ferguson.

Anyway thanks for everything Danny. Good Luck.

I spoke to SG not long after Danny was appointed. I got the distinct impression that he was a wee bit edgy about bringing in a young manager untested at this level. If the decision lies with the current BoD, then I wouldn't be surprised if they go down the experienced route. God only knows who that might be, though.

Because Murray has achieved whit? Against who?

Do you know why the Bod fudged making the decision from last week till today?

Because if we had made seventh then they would have to justify sacking the manager who brought the most premiership placed money in for 25 years...

It,s only down on his previous best last season because money was shared more equally with the former SFL clubs.

Murray has done a fantastic job at Dumbarton. They should have had no change of staying in the Championship, yet there are still there and were close to getting a play-off place.

Didn't comment on the rights/wrongs of Lennon's departure, so won't argue with the rest of your post.

I spoke to SG not long after Danny was appointed. I got the distinct impression that he was a wee bit edgy about bringing in a young manager untested at this level. If the decision lies with the current BoD, then I wouldn't be surprised if they go down the experienced route. God only knows who that might be, though.

Bomber or Shiels

I wouldn't be unhappy if that came about. Every appointment is a gamble, and that one would have as much chance of success as any other that we could likely afford.

Thompson has zero experience of managing a football team, let alone one in the top league in the country.

Talking of zero, this could have all the hallmarks of a hero to zero scenario if things didn't go well.

It would be a massive gamble too far, in my view.

Edited by Drew

So gutted to see Danny Lennon go, won our first trophy in almost three decades on f**k all budget and the board repay him by giving him an even shiter wage budget? Gilmour wants out and I would blame him before Lennon, far too easy to make Danny the scapegoat. He's brought through two of the most gifted players at the club to be first team regulars and made some fantastic loan signings over the years. Will be missed and it will be f**king embarrassed if Barry Ferguson is the manager next season, shambles, SACK THE BOARD

Would hate to see Thommo get the job. Player manager with the player playing every week doesnt genereally work. Would therefore take away out main goal threat.

I think Kenny Shiels would have been the choice, had his team not conceaded 10 last week.

If your looking for experience at this level.

Jimmy Calderwood has the experience of managing abroad, could bring in some good foreign players.