John Collins

Murray7

Got a text a few months ago that said John Collins and Tommy Craig will be our new management team when Danny leaves.

Dismissed it at the time but looking into it, it would actually make sense. JC worked with Tommy in Belgium and Hibs & Collins shares the same agent as Danny, Raymond Sparkes, who is known to be on extremely good terms with our board...

Ambitious move? He's a never was in management!

So are most of the names we are being linked with. (Excluding the unrealistic ones). Doesn't mean he couldn't do a job for us. He just strikes me as someone who would come in and try to change the survival is good enough attitude that hangs over us.

Ambitious move? He's a never was in management!

What?

Yes, he was.

He's been in charge of Hibs & Charleoi. Was terrific in his short spell at Hibs and won the League Cup, went to Belgium and saved Charleoi from relegation..

Funny how the same people who've been championing Danny's League Cup win are asking what Collins has done in management :lol:

I'm sure many people have referred to Alex Ferguson as a 'knob'. Being a nice guy isn't a required skill for being a good manager.

Collins is a guy that when the going gets tough will chuck it as he's made his money. Definitely not the type of guy we should be looking at.

and you know this from your close association with him over many years?

Collins has some fire and ambition, he has surely learnt a lot from his stint at Hibs. It may not be the worst suggestion by a long way

Funny how the same people who've been championing Danny's League Cup win are asking what Collins has done in management lol.gif:

I'm sure many people have referred to Alex Ferguson as a 'knob'. Being a nice guy isn't a required skill for being a good manager.

You dont know that, other than one or two examples

I was one of Danny's biggest defenders, but think Collins might bring something

and you know this from your close association with him over many years?

Collins has some fire and ambition, he has surely learnt a lot from his stint at Hibs. It may not be the worst suggestion by a long way

What about his time at Livingston? I don't remember him knuckling down there and getting on with it...

His next job was/isa part time roll with mark wotte at the performance school so I don't believe he's someone who has an appetite for a full time managers gig.