St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

Owen Coyle would be a good shout. Good working relationship with Thommo, knows plenty about the Scottish scene, and would bring a fair bit of managerial experience to the job.

Obviously a long-shot cost-wise, but he has had a wee lay-off, so might embrace a new challenge to re-ignite his career. He would come with decent contacts, and some personal and professional gravitas.

Can't see it, however.

Owen Coyle would be a good shout. Good working relationship with Thommo, knows plenty about the Scottish scene, and would bring a fair bit of managerial experience to the job.Obviously a long-shot cost-wise, but he has had a wee lay-off, so might embrace a new challenge to re-ignite his career. He would come with decent contacts, and some personal and professional gravitas.Can't see it, however.

I,ll ask him

Owen Coyle would be a good shout. Good working relationship with Thommo, knows plenty about the Scottish scene, and would bring a fair bit of managerial experience to the job.

Obviously a long-shot cost-wise, but he has had a wee lay-off, so might embrace a new challenge to re-ignite his career. He would come with decent contacts, and some personal and professional gravitas.

Can't see it, however.

Coyle couldnt get out the first division while Gus breezed it - for this reason - im out.

I'd be up for a left field appointment. John Hartson.

I spoke to John on Saturday night and he said he had had a phone call asking him if the Saints job were available, would he be interested. He said he would be interested. Also seemed a smashing big bloke, delighted to be still alive after his illness. Must have a wealth of contacts in the game from England, Scotland and Wales. I would 2nd his appointment.

Coyle couldnt get out the first division while Gus breezed it - for this reason - im out.

You're going back a bit there, are you not?

Remind me of the trajectory of their respective careers since then....

Really?

The guy needs help tying his shoelaces FFS.

He was competent enough to be assistant to Chris Coleman in the Welsh National Team.

I read a lot of his stuff and think he talks a lot of sense about the game.

Just my opinion, I reckon he's a good candidate.

Gary Bollan would be my choice.

He has done a very good job at Airdrie.

Go get him Mr Gilmour.

Another thread?

Plenty of chat on several threads about the new manager but now we have a dedicated thread for it, not really a bad thing is it?

Hope you don't mind Shull, I've added a poll to the thread to try get a feeling of who is the preferred option. No real reason behind the names, all have been mentioned on here and are listed in the odds.

You can rest assured that we will have a replacement for Danny lined up. We are an extremely well run business and we are the envy of many with our fantastic facilities. I have every faith we will make the right appointment. It has always been the case that our general manager takes care of players contracts. No doubt he will liase with Stewart and Tommy on that score.