St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

Can't believe anyone voted for Ian Murray never mind 9 (as of yet)..

Exactly what our club needs an untried inexperienced gamble to take us to the

next level, what a joke.... FFS guys get a grip...

Hope the BoD don't see this thread, they'll be rubbing their hands at the thought of our fans

being happy with a cheap option again..... unbelievable...

Thing is, if we go for an experienced, established manager it will be the second time in my lifetime we've done that and the last one set the club back 20 years.

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm sure Murray is a coach with great potential, but surely there must be a worry as to whether or not he could handle a job with a club the size of ours. Danny suffered greatly from this as his signings from Cowdenbeath would indicate. Danny thought they could make the step up and it was bigger than he realised. I think it would be too risky to go through that again. The board have a tricky situation on their hands. Such as, are they involved in appointing the next manager, or do the new owners( whoever they may be) have someone lined up. Someone in the mould of Derek Mcinnes who has no fear of any opposition would be ideal. Danny sometimes gave the impression that he was just happy to be at the party particularly against some of the bigger clubs where he showed far too much respect to them. mcinnes has shown that with enough self belief you can take on anyone. Owen Coyle gives the same impression and I for one would be delighted to see him in charge of St Mirren

I'm sure Murray is a coach with great potential, but surely there must be a worry as to whether or not he could handle a job with a club the size of ours. Danny suffered greatly from this as his signings from Cowdenbeath would indicate. Danny thought they could make the step up and it was bigger than he realised. I think it would be too risky to go through that again. The board have a tricky situation on their hands. Such as, are they involved in appointing the next manager, or do the new owners( whoever they may be) have someone lined up. Someone in the mould of Derek Mcinnes who has no fear of any opposition would be ideal. Danny sometimes gave the impression that he was just happy to be at the party particularly against some of the bigger clubs where he showed far too much respect to them. mcinnes has shown that with enough self belief you can take on anyone. Owen Coyle gives the same impression and I for one would be delighted to see him in charge of St Mirren

Aye, pretty much this.

I have a hunch (as I mentioned earlier in relation to a discussion I had with SG after they hired Danny) that they will go for an experienced gaffer this time round. Coyle ticks all the boxes with the somewhat problematic exception of affordablity.