St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

Maybe we're going down the Hearts route... bring in a Director of Football, deals with contracts and signings, and have a first team coach.

Don't think so personally. If Hibs go down and lets be honest it very much looks like it then you have lost two good home gates for that reason the budget will be very tight I would think with some cut backs.

I would have thought if the Board were opting for TC they would have made the announcement yesterday.

TC and one of the senior players may be an option....

ETA...Don't really see how TC alone is better than TC plus Danny...

Edited by ds10

Many of the regular match goers on here have commented that it was TC who was out on the touchline shouting instructions and encouraging players while DL sat on his hands in the dugout. While that in itself is not necessarily the sign of a good manager it certainly shows commitment and passion. There is also the general sense that TC has a gift for developing the younger players and that may what the board are looking for.

Don't think so personally. If Hibs go down and lets be honest it very much looks like it then you have lost two good home gates for that reason the budget will be very tight I would think with some cut backs.

What I was meaning was that they retain TC as first team coach and only bring in a Director of Football. They could supplement the coaching staff by appointing someone like Goodwin, Teale or Thompson on a Player/Assistant Coach role. Wouldn't likely be any more expensive than DL/TC structure... if anything might even be cheaper. Just trying to think of our boards previous penchant for promoting from within, coupled with tackling the biggest failing under Lennon... transfer dealings.

Tommy Craig is not a manager. Shouting and bawling, having passion and commitment, do not make you a good manager. He is by all accounts a very good coach.

If he is our manager we can probably lower our expectations. In saying that, I'll get right behind him if given the job, because that's what we do.

If it is to be TC I am not overly enammered with the decision, he has no managerial track record(nothing good anyway) and to be honest I think he is a great coach so would want him to remain as a coach and let someone else worry about the other stuff. I really don't see the point in not renewing DL's contract to promote TC to the hot seat. Same philosophy, same coaching methods, same results.

What I was meaning was that they retain TC as first team coach and only bring in a Director of Football. They could supplement the coaching staff by appointing someone like Goodwin, Teale or Thompson on a Player/Assistant Coach role. Wouldn't likely be any more expensive than DL/TC structure... if anything might even be cheaper. Just trying to think of our boards previous penchant for promoting from within, coupled with tackling the biggest failing under Lennon... transfer dealings.

We need a new broom

But why show Danny the door, only to give the gig to Tommy Craig? They've shared the managerial responsiblity for what, 3 years? It makes no sense to me, unless Danny took a shite in someone's pumpkin lantern.

The only thing I can think of is that Danny was the one making decisions.

Maybe Tommy had better ideas which Danny avoided using. I'm speculating of course.

Perhaps others are right suggesting someone like Thommo with TC as assistant. That would also make sense on many fronts.

Edited by oaksoft

Get Ian Jenkins back, best football we've played in decades when he was with us

Jenkins was only with us for the 'Wardlaw, McQuade, Lynch, Cregg etc' season.

The great football season was when Tommy Craig (+ Thommo, Teale, Tesselaar, Hasselbaink, McGowan) came in.

Edited by Edinbuddie

The only thing I can think of is that Danny was the one making decisions.

Maybe Tommy had better ideas which Danny avoided using. I'm speculating of course.

Perhaps others are right suggesting someone like Thommo with TC as assistant. That would also make sense on many fronts.

Mkes sense on no front.Assistant to a sacked manager,now assistant to a player with zero experience.Pathetic

Let's assume Ferguson is an odious cretin, what happens if he does get the gig and proves to be very successful? When do we decided to surrender our principles at turnstiles, it at all?

Now that is a very good question. I guess I'll cross that unlikely bridge if and when I ever come to it.

Can't be bothered trawling back, anybody mentioned Billy McKinlay yet? Current Northern Ireland assistant. I manage a guy who's a pro footballer who just got a call to say stick a tenner on him. Source is an ex Blackpool player who is no stranger to the bookies and funnily enough no mention of Barry Ferguson!!

Edited by scam75

Can't be bothered trawling back, anybody mentioned Billy McKinlay yet? Current Northern Ireland assistant. I manage a guy who's a pro footballer who just got a call to say stick a tenner on him. Source is an ex Blackpool player who is no stranger to the bookies and funnily enough no mention of Barry Ferguson!!

Is this scam 76?