St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

If it is right that it is going to be Craig, this is the most unimaginative appointment possible. The Board could have at least sought someone who there was a bit of excitement surrounding. But, if he gets appointed, I hope I am wrong and that he does a great job and I'll support him in that.

If Craig is appointed then it has to be assumed there has been a clamour from within for him to be retained. It might look uninspiring to us but if the players feel he's the man for the job then maybe it's no bad thing. It all seems very contrived though which leaves a bad taste in the mouth. One big plus if it is Craig is continuity. No time lost getting a squad together for the new season and every chance he already has some signings at least in mind if not lined up already.

surely if the players didnt want him there then they wouldn't even consider appointing him.

There were players who weren't happy with DL and were not shy about it.

Maybe this is an appointment that could allow us to tie up most of the players by the end of the week and look to build. Gary Harkins has got a big year with us next year... assuming he doesnt sign permenantly for Oldham

Surely not Tommy Craig? How can we let go a manager who done an average job and replace him with his assistant to that average job? They clearly didn't think what Lennon achieved was good enough to warrant a new contract so why should Craig be considered better.. was Lennon holding him back and he was the real brains behind the operation? Shows zero ambition and makes no sense to me!

FFS calm down people, the floors are awash.

Que Sera Sera

As long as its not Barry Snotters, then the new manager will have my full SUPPORT.

People naming names and deriding before anyone is even appointed, is just insulting and very, very stupid IMO

Behave yersels