St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

Penny pinching decision. Not happy with it, but then that's simply because my expectations were unrealistic and too high!

If it is TC then ill get right behind him, he will tie up our best players and clearly the lads like him so all the best to him. 7 or so assistant posts and one managerial one - I'd say he must be hungry and convinced he can do a better job and to be fair he does know us well enough so all in all I'm warming to it.

Welcome to the hot seat Tommy!

When you change manager, there is an opportunity to inject an element of freshness into the playing side of the club's business. Appointing from within limits that potential.

While I was ambivalent as to whether Danny should stay right up to the BoD's announcement yesterday, now that he has gone, there is scope to introduce something new, and to shake things up a bit. To be honest, I think we all accept that this wouldn't be a bad thing, and you have to assume the board feel the same given their decision.

Drew, for all we know TC would freshen things up.

Penny pinching decision. Not happy with it, but then that's simply because my expectations were unrealistic and too high!

If it is TC then ill get right behind him, he will tie up our best players and clearly the lads like him so all the best to him. 7 or so assistant posts and one managerial one - I'd say he must be hungry and convinced he can do a better job and to be fair he does know us well enough so all in all I'm warming to it.

Welcome to the hot seat Tommy!

He is a journeyman "assistant" for a reason,the small matter of being a horrendous failure as a manager,not average,unlucky,just horrendous ,if you are "warming to it" i suggest you see a mental health professional

He is a journeyman "assistant" for a reason,the small matter of being a horrendous failure as a manager,not average,unlucky,just horrendous ,if you are "warming to it" i suggest you see a mental health professional

Genuine question:

Who would you hace considered to be a good (and realistic) appointment?

I ask this as you have been one of the most vocal critics of DL and TC.