St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

It's definitely growing on me.

We will get fresh coaching ideas and contacts from Teale and Goodwin. We will retain and perhaps enhance our relationship with Newcastle United, along from benefitting from Tommy's large network.

I think we could be onto something here :)

Only positive I can see from this is we have freed up a wage that hopefully can be used on a decent striker to partner Thommo.

Yep, that's pretty much the only one.

Have to say I feel for Danny Lennon, this was a hell of a long drawn out saga just to punt him and replace him with his assistant.

I think Danny left because a couple of important relationship break downs and his failure in the transfer market more than on pitch performance.

I imagine the board couldn't trust him to rebuild this summer after the mess he made of it last year, and their lack of trust is completely justified.

Now we have a new man with the final say on transfers and some fresh ideas on the coaching side.

We will get fresh coaching ideas and contacts from Teale and Goodwin. We will retain and perhaps enhance our relationship with Newcastle United, along from benefitting from Tommy's large network.

I think we could be onto something here smile.png

So do I

I was hoping for a "left field" appointment but the more I think about this the happier and more excited I am getting.

Really pleased with the swiftness of this, it leaves the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co in a stronger position that we were in on Friday (stability has been achieved) and I sure young Thomster the Bombster will have some ideas bubbling away.

So do I

I was hoping for a "left field" appointment but the more I think about this the happier and more excited I am getting.

Really pleased with the swiftness of this, it leaves the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co in a stronger position that we were in on Friday (stability has been achieved) and I sure young Thomster the Bombster will have some ideas bubbling away.

Me too.

Look out of your window and you'll see plenty of dummies shooting through the Paisley skies!

Edited by FTOF

I agree it was time for Lennon to go, and with that I also meant for Craig to go. I am p'ssed off with this appointment.

Tommy Craig is just as responsible as Danny Lennon for the mistakes over the past few years, which has ultimately led to his departure. The BOD have stated they want TC to continue developing our youth players. What exactly has Lennon done with McGinn, McLean, Naismith and Kelly? This has John Coughlin written all over it.

This appointment must have been thought out over a longer spell of time and therefore the BOD must of knew before Saturday that Lennon was gone. They failed to allow the supporters to say a proper thank you to Lennon. If I was Lennon I would feel stabbed in the back and I feel sorry for him now. I heard rumours a while ago that TC was a very sneaky guy and was the result of some unrest. After this decision, what I heard seems to make a bit more sense, it wouldn't surprise me if he had his own agenda last season.

TC has always been a coach. To be 63 and the only managerial experience to his name was 4 weeks as a Caretaker at Hibs and 4 months before getting sacked at Charleroi. For me, there is a reason why he has not been a successful manager before now.

Four times in a row we have offered the manager’s position to the Assistant Manager, with only Millen knocking it back. Could we not have thought outside the box for a change? At least wait to see who has an interest in the role!

I very much doubt anything will change next season. I expect the same old next season and no doubt everyone will be calling for TC head come October. I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.

The only good news is Goodwin and Teale being promoted as coaches. They've done well helping out with the U20s. My understanding is that Thompson is not interested in a player/coach role, but wouldn't surprise me to see him in the dugout in some capacity when he retires from playing.

I agree it was time for Lennon to go, and with that I also meant for Craig to go. I am p'ssed off with this appointment.

Tommy Craig is just as responsible as Danny Lennon for the mistakes over the past few years, which has ultimately led to his departure. The BOD have stated they want TC to continue developing our youth players. What exactly has Lennon done with McGinn, McLean, Naismith and Kelly? This has John Coughlin written all over it.

This appointment must have been thought out over a longer spell of time and therefore the BOD must of knew before Saturday that Lennon was gone. They failed to allow the supporters to say a proper thank you to Lennon. If I was Lennon I would feel stabbed in the back and I feel sorry for him now. I heard rumours a while ago that TC was a very sneaky guy and was the result of some unrest. After this decision, what I heard seems to make a bit more sense, it wouldn't surprise me if he had his own agenda last season.

TC has always been a coach. To be 63 and the only managerial experience to his name was 4 weeks as a Caretaker at Hibs and 4 months before getting sacked at Charleroi. For me, there is a reason why he has not been a successful manager before now.

Four times in a row we have offered the manager’s position to the Assistant Manager, with only Millen knocking it back. Could we not have thought outside the box for a change? At least wait to see who has an interest in the role!

I very much doubt anything will change next season. I expect the same old next season and no doubt everyone will be calling for TC head come October. I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.

The only good news is Goodwin and Teale being promoted as coaches. They've done well helping out with the U20s. My understanding is that Thompson is not interested in a player/coach role, but wouldn't surprise me to see him in the dugout in some capacity when he retires from playing.

Look if will cheer you up we,ll arrange something to welcome Tommy to his new job....

Mibbaes a bit like Djemba Djemba,s bunnet?

We could all sport a pair of "Tommy's Farahs"

Whose with me??.

Tommy Craig"s Beige & Tan Armeeeeee!

The pictures at the weekend showed Danny Lennon & Gary Locke together. Behind them Tommy Craig & Robbie Nielsen in their respective dug outs were loading the shotguns.

In my opinion if you have been brought to a club by the Manager, then you go as well.

But how many of us would turn down your bosses job?

Get behind them and let's see what happens.

I think we could be onto something here :)

That's what I was hoping the new appointment would bring. In particular fresh contacts in the transfer market. I think this was Danny's biggest problem, given some of the atrocious signings he made.

I'm not convinced that we've gained anything here. Do you think Danny wouldn't look to his senior players and assistant for transfer links? I'd hope he would have.

Time will tell and hopefully it all works out. Might be good mix of an old head, and new enthusiasm will see us through.

Guest TPAFKATS

I think we could be onto something here smile.png

Reads like alot of straw clutching to me - trying to justify watching lennon sacked?

500 hunner reading the forum

I just passed SMP and there was about 500 people outside the ground.I thought that's a decent welcoming party for TC.......then I noticed the colours they were wearing.

It's the Youth Administration Cup Final tonight.