St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

If there is an announcement today, then i would expect it to be TC as manager or Thommo as manager with TC as assistant

Neither option fills me with confidence but cannot see the point in giving TC the role.

Was there not something in the news quite recently about new rules being put in place for managers? You need to have a certain level of coaching badge to be allowed to manage a club in Scotland? Maybe it was England.

Anyway, the Thommohawk is, according to the Express this morning, still in the process of doing his badges. That could rule him out of the top job for now?

At this point in time I think it would be a mistake anyway. His sportscene persona is what we usually see, but he's still very much one of the boys. Would be difficult for him to make the transition and, to be honest, I think he might say himself that he's not ready yet.

There's also the fact that we need to get as much out of Thompson on the park for as long as we can. For the time being, it probably benefits us that the extent of his coaching is a few trips to Largs.

Just received a phone call from someone at the club. Tommy Craig confirmed this afternoon

You would have to assume that the Board have talked to some of the senior players about the Lennon/Craig combination, and they've maybe come to the conclusion that Craig was widely respected and viewed more positively? It's still a big jump from assistant to manager, and his previous track record doesn't fill me with any great hope. Maybe having Thommo/Teale in his backroom team and developing them to take over in the future?

We'll need to wait and see what happens over the summer, but, from the outside, this smacks of cost cutting and a lack of ambition. 13 players out of contract, yet another big squad rebuilding job needed, a bogging home strip, no merchandise in the club shop etc hardly fill me with excitement but I'll be getting my season ticket anyway.

TC - He was 20/1 yesterday aswell

All seems rather strange, the guy that was brought in under wild rumours of being brought in by the board and not by Danny after Jenkins leaves for "footballing reasons" (or some such pish).

Danny was quoted as saying that TC was his "greatest signing of all time" they over see a couple of up and down seasons together where there seems to be fall outs a plenty with players, there is rumours of senior players running the changing room, there are people upset etc etc, the manager then does not get a new contract yet his number 2 then gets his job?

So have the problems been between TC and DL? Is that what we are hearing? Someone has mentioned the Lewis Guy signing as TC's signing, was it not TC that LG swore at which prompted DL to then try to rid the club of LG?