St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

Could have been worse, not as horrified at this as I was when big Coughlin got the job, certainly wasn't very encouraged by the Murray/Ferguson chat and if there are new owners coming in some continuity at the training ground and dugout could be just what we need.

Although we could have had that with Lennon...

Best of luck to them!

but what was the rush to do this so soon- Not impressed

Most of our team is out of contract and our competitors are already talking to agents.

Also, the board have known Danny won't be staying for ages.

Why on earth would we possibly want to wait? It would be a seriously stupid idea.

This is one of my biggest gripes with the situation. Danny deserved to get the recognition he deserved, and the fans deserved to get the chance to say thank you.

I don't know whether Danny reads forums or social media, but I hope he does, because at least then he'd see how grateful the vast majority of the support are for his efforts at the club.

Think mos

This is one of my biggest gripes with the situation. Danny deserved to get the recognition he deserved, and the fans deserved to get the chance to say thank you.

I don't know whether Danny reads forums or social media, but I hope he does, because at least then he'd see how grateful the vast majority of the support are for his efforts at the club.

think most of us feel for Danny. But Danny will move on as must we and get on to the job for next season with the backing of the fans. Craig , Jim , Gary all need our backing now.

If this is indeed the case, why did they stall telling him he was offski? Had they done so last week, we could at least have given the guy a send-off.

To be honest, I still think the manner in which Danny's departure has been dealt with stinks. Today's events do nothing to mitigate.

When we were in a slump, they neither sacked nor backed him. They effectively left him twisting in the wind. Despite that, he managed to haul us over the line, and now they've shat all over the guy.

I'll bet they wanted to ensure maximum focus as over £200k was up for grabs if we'd finished 7th instead of 10th.

Would be great to get off to a great start in the league this season.

I think they will need a decent one to be honest.

"Danny was the problem but we got rid" seems to be the message to the fans. A start like last season and "ehh hang on a minute" will be the response of many. The board and management will be under pressure pretty quickly

If this is indeed the case, why did they stall telling him he was offski? Had they done so last week, we could at least have given the guy a send-off.

To be honest, I still think the manner in which Danny's departure has been dealt with stinks. Today's events do nothing to mitigate.

When we were in a slump, they neither sacked nor backed him. They effectively left him twisting in the wind. Despite that, he managed to haul us over the line, and now they've shat all over the guy.

Drew, I agree that the handling of Lennon's departure was poor, however, I'm not sure he didn't get the backing of the BOD during our troubles last season. He was kept on when, quite frankly, he could have been bumped at a couple of points in the season and we've no idea what "support" he may have been given behind the scenes. A public show of support means nothing in football and, to be fair, if any of us were struggling at work we wouldn't expect our boss to shout across the office/factory floor that he was right behind us would we?

The last few days haven't shown the BOD in a good light though.

It's a brand new management team IMO, and deserves to be treated as such.

Judge them on results and give them a chance.

That's what supporters are supposed to do. Support !

Looking at it, though. It's the cheapest thing they could possibly have done and given the fact we're all backing the club every single day with our own time and money, we at least deserve to know the full ins and outs IMO.

That said, I am indeed a supporter & I'll give the BoD the benefit of the doubt and I will get behind Tommy but there's nothing wrong with people questioning the board's decision.

I often look in on this forum but seldom post. However, last March before the League Cup final I did and said I believed Danny’s contract should be allowed to lapse on expiry. Nothing in the interim has changed that opinion. I would in fact have been astonished if he had been given an extension in the face of a very dismal league campaign.

In terms of the Board, I seem to be in a minority in thinking they have (as usual) acted correctly. What possible reason would they have for telling Danny before the last game of the season? So that we could all say cheerio? I think the money from a higher league finish comes before irrelevant sensitivities. I also note that some are suggesting the Board should have come out with a statement mid season either backing or sacking Danny when things were not going well. For what purpose as essentially by saying nothing he was being backed?

The announcement of Tommy Craig as successor was initially an OMG moment for me. On reflection, bearing in mind the other apparent candidates it was probably the correct choice. If it saves money, so much the better. We will see.

It's a brand new management team IMO, and deserves to be treated as such.

Judge them on results and give them a chance.

That's what supporters are supposed to do. Support !

Well said that webmeistar man, well said indeed.

May I fully state my absolute support for young Tommy Craig and his new backroom team of Gary "the wing king" Teale and Jim "the crazy man" Goodwin.

Lot's of credit to the board of director's in moving so quickly. In life you youngsters will learn that the worst leaders are not the ones that make bad decision's but rather those who make no decisions.

Altogether now

TOMMY CRAIG'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

TOMMY CRAIG'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

Who has Goodwin punched...?

I think you've been believing the hype from Adams and Dungdee United.

Eh, Steve Jennings, Motherwell December 2011. Right in front of the ref and right in his stomach!

A charge he admired and made a public apology for.

I think you've been believing the 'I'm hard done by' stuff!

Not happy, but at least its not Barry 'the bam' Ferguson

Don't think for one minute he was ever in the frame - Name leaked to fool fans into thinking 'Thank god it's not him'.

it worked to a degree but the less gullible among us are asking 'Oh god why him?'.

Monday - Shabby treatment of Lennon

Tuesday - Lack of imagination and ambition

Let's see what the board has in store for the rest of the week.