St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

The situation should be reviewed at the start of January, not before.

January is too late, if our form doesn't dramatically improve.

Late October early November is better, giving the new manager a chance to assess the squad and see if there is anyone he can bring in, ship out!

Eta...If we lose our next couple of games, and get a hammering off Celtic, he should go then.

Edited by NeilPar72

January is too late, if our form doesn't dramatically improve.

Late October early November is better, giving the new manager a chance to assess the squad and see if there is anyone he can bring in, ship out!

Eta...If we lose our next couple of games, and get a hammering off Celtic, he should go then.

How is January too late?

I remember Ross County were 11th in February a couple of seasons back, they then finished top 6.

Anything before January is too early, and the board know this.

There is zero chance he will be sacked before Christmas, absolute zero.

How is January too late?

I remember Ross County were 11th in February a couple of seasons back, they then finished top 6.

Fitzpatrick, Hendrie & Coughlin were all sacked before Christmas by the current board.

How is January too late?

January is the transfer window, if you're not confident about a managers ability then December is a better time to replace him giving the new incumbent time to assess and improve (sic) the squad.

Fair enough about RC two seasons ago but it's much more common for a managerial change post-split to have little effect - see Dundee & Dunfermline in recent seasons.

Very little chance, and I don't see TC as the quitting type.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Fitzpatrick, Hendrie & Coughlin were all sacked before Christmas by the current board.

Neither of them were in their first seasons though. Any manager should be given half a season as a bare minimum before his job comes under scrutiny.

I have full confidence that this team will be no lower than 8th on New Year's Day.

Neither of them were in their first seasons though. Any manager should be given half a season as a bare minimum before his job comes under scrutiny.

I have full confidence that this team will be no lower than 8th on New Year's Day.

You are f**king mental if you think this team can be 8th on new years day they are more than likely to be stranded at the bottom and in dire need of a miracle to safe themselfs.

You are f**king mental if you think this team can be 8th on new years day they are more than likely to be stranded at the bottom and in dire need of a miracle to safe themselfs.

TBF elvis you've said we've been 'certainties' for relegation for the last 3 seasons :lol:

This is not too wide of the mark.

It's going to take an effort of which we have not seen as yet to achieve 8th in that time.

This is not too wide of the mark.

It's going to take an effort of which we have not seen as yet to achieve 8th in that time.

If we win our next two games - which are at venues we won at in 2013 - we could go 8th.

I'm not surprised our best performance of the season came away from SMP. Our home fans aren't easy to play in front of when things are going badly.

I think our players will react positively from being away from the Paisley boo boys and pick up at least 3 points from our next 2 fixtures.

If we win our next two games - which are at venues we won at in 2013 - we could go 8th.

I'm not surprised our best performance of the season came away from SMP. Our home fans aren't easy to play in front of when things are going badly.

I think our players will react positively from being away from the Paisley boo boys and pick up at least 3 points from our next 2 fixtures.

We won a meaningless fixture there two seasons ago , but lost twice last season with goals caused by awful defending. It's fake grass now too so we're f**ked. Thistle is a maybe for us as their manager seems about as clueless as TC !