Good Luck Tommy

Teale and Goodwin staying on as player coaches happy with this maybe a bit surprised that Thompson wasn't asked to be player coach but possible see him take over as captain? Need to get behind the team and hopefully its a good move for the buddies.

Teale and Goodwin staying on as player coaches happy with this maybe a bit surprised that Thompson wasn't asked to be player coach but possible see him take over as captain? Need to get behind the team and hopefully its a good move for the buddies.

How do you know he wasn't asked? All we know is that Goodwin and Teale accepted.

No mention of an assistant manager?

Looks like Tommy in the short term with Goodwin, Teale and most likely Thompson ready to step up in the the longer term.

Must admit, after reading the remit given to the new management in the statement, I wonder why we couldn't have got The senior pro's involved in coaching whilst keeping DL as well.

I hope the board kept the right man.

No mention of an assistant manager?

Looks like Tommy in the short term with Goodwin, Teale and most likely Thompson ready to step up in the the longer term

Not sure why everyone keeps trying to push Thommo into a managerial role? Between being our only source of goals and his media work he's got no time for anything else.

Not sure why everyone keeps trying to push Thommo into a managerial role? Between being our only source of goals and his media work he's got no time for anything else.

I meant when he finishes playing. Maybe after next season, or the season after.

He has said multiple times he is interested in coaching.

Yeah I can understand your reasoning but if I was Steven Thompson, I'd personally just focus on scoring goals and not put myself in a position where folk could give me abuse for the standard of coaching etc.

I suppose that makes sense. I think Teale was a natural choice, a bit more surprised about Goodwin but hopefully it works out. Lets hope we start to get some contract decisions over the next week or so.

Not one that fills me with confidence but nothing we can do about it now.

Good luck, Tommy!

Doing a wee bit of research it seems he took the Scotland U21s the furthest they've ever been in a major competition (4th place in U21 Euro '96) with a very decent win percentage of 40% during the 5 years or so he spent in charge.

Club management wise, he's been poor although never been given a decent length of time to make an impact ie. never signed his own players etc.

Edited by Murray7

I see this as a good move, and mostly likely a transitional period. From what I've the players seem to speak highly of TC, and enjoy his training.

Tommy is getting on a bit, and because of this, the main decision behind this - IMO - is that Tommy is going to be there to mentor and help mould Gary Teale in to the next long term manager of St. Mirren FC, whilst hopefully building a good team for next season and securing us a top 6 place.

COYS

Smokie, are you getting your Season Ticket for the Family Stand ?

If so, Coffee and Pie for me and Hot chocolate and Hot Dog for Abby.

And that will be for every home game

Thanks in advance Boss thumbup2.gif

Welcome (back) to the club (after the weekend) Tommy.

Now do not start talking about yourself in the third person and all the best to you and your new vibrant coaching staff.

I look forward with intrigue to witnessing the "Tommy revolution".

Pleased for you, I do hope the particular fan you have had a number of arguments with behind (what is now) your dugout is pleased!

Not confident but I hope Tommy proves me wrong. After all, we all want the same thing, a sucessful St Mirren Football Club.

Good luck Tommy.

That we do young Thomas, that we do.

Whatever happened to your friend and his ant-Barry protest?

I really wanted to see that today, I actually drove past the hallowed ground at 1200hrs but all I saw was the reporter's waiting for oor Tommy. Had he turned up he would have most likely made the teatime news!!!!!

That we do young Thomas, that we do.

Whatever happened to your friend and his ant-Barry protest?

I really wanted to see that today, I actually drove past the hallowed ground at 1200hrs but all I saw was the reporter's waiting for oor Tommy. Had he turned up he would have most likely made the teatime news!!!!!

His Anti Barry protest was cancelled due to lack of interest. laugh.png