Stabbed In The Back

I am and always will be a St Mirren supporter but I have swaying on renewing my season ticket mainly due to value for money but this has swung it and I won't be renewing it after the appointment our new manager.

I will be cheering on the boys and supporting our new manager as always but I am embarrassed on how this has come about and the BoD have to take the majority of the blame

If I was DL I would be raging as this has not just happened in the last 24 hours but must have conspired and planned for weeks possibly months behind his back by our BoD, his assistant, his captain and one of his senior players in Teale. Disgusting treatment for our cup winning manager he has been stabbed in the back by people close to him...

You deserved better Danny no matter what people thought of you.

St Mirren Football Club Ltd will always be more important than the individuals who are fortunate to play, manage or own it.

Like most fans I've signed a lifetime contract to support the club.

I get where you're coming from but it's this sort of attitude that allow the BOD to do whatever they want and get away with it!

We know now that all the dressing room stories of unrest were true then .

How so? Why the need to turn this into a conspiracy theory?

Lennon's record wasn't great on a few fronts and he's paid the price with his job.

TC brings continuity and is cheap. Both of those things appeal to a BOD that is looking to sell the club.

On top of that, show me a dressing room in any league where there is not some form of unrest. FFS let's not turn this into a f**king big thing.

it was the same with john coughlin and Gus McPherson, bring someone to the club, give them an opportunity and make them you're right hand man then you get the boot and they get your job

I suppose it does give some form of continuity but it's not quite the same principle of Liverpool, shankly, Paisley, fagan etc

Lennon's record wasn't great on a few fronts and he's paid the price with his job.

TC brings continuity and is cheap. Both of those things appeal to a BOD that is looking to sell the club.

On top of that, show me a dressing room in any league where there is not some form of unrest. FFS let's not turn this into a f**king big thing.

Aye right whatever rocks your boat .

Very disappointed in the original poster here, very disappointed indeed.

We do not know and cannot assume that Mr Daniel Lennon has been stabbed in the back by anyone. Could it perhaps, just perhaps be the case that Tommy Craig actually spoke to Mr Daniel Lennon prior to taking the job and did so entirely with his blessing?

To make such a statement without any real basis show's a real disregard for the well being of our new manager and the reputation of our club.

Poor show.

I am off to watch "Tommy" the rock opera.

Who sang it now?

So if Lennon's record is poor remember Tommy Craig was a part of that so what makes you think Tommy Craig has anything better to offer.

It stinks from back stabbing to cost cutting. For that reason they can slash the season tickets. Do I think they will. Not a chance.

This won't be in any way popular, but Tommy Craig has a long history of hanging about clubs when gaffers are sacked and worming his way in with a new regime. He got through six managers at Parkhead in the 80s and 90s before he was turfed. It's been his way of working for decades now.

The actions of today do nothing to change my opinion that the guy's a weasel.

So if Lennon's record is poor remember Tommy Craig was a part of that so what makes you think Tommy Craig has anything better to offer.

It stinks from back stabbing to cost cutting. For that reason they can slash the season tickets. Do I think they will. Not a chance.

Is this the season ticket prices that have already been frozen?

Think of what you are typing here and what impression you are giving to anyone currently browsing this great wee forum of ours?

Tommy has my full support and I will be shuffling down asap to renew my season ticket.

Altogether now

TOMMY CRAIG'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

TOMMY CRAIG'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

This won't be in any way popular, but Tommy Craig has a long history of hanging about clubs when gaffers are sacked and worming his way in with a new regime. He got through six managers at Parkhead in the 80s and 90s before he was turfed. It's been his way of working for decades now.

The actions of today do nothing to change my opinion that the guy's a weasel.

He was a coach at Celtic, no need for him to try to resign every time a manager is sacked!

You must have got through a hell of a lot of jobs in your time!

I have to admit that I now am sorry my missus went down to Saint Mirren Park and parted with a large sum to renew our briefs.

If I had another chance I would be changing my mind and doing as the OP suggests he's doing. Or not doing as it happens.

I am totally underwhelmed by this appointment and disgusted at the turn of events.

Very disappointed in the original poster here, very disappointed indeed.

We do not know and cannot assume that Mr Daniel Lennon has been stabbed in the back by anyone. Could it perhaps, just perhaps be the case that Tommy Craig actually spoke to Mr Daniel Lennon prior to taking the job and did so entirely with his blessing?

To make such a statement without any real basis show's a real disregard for the well being of our new manager and the reputation of our club.

Poor show.

I am off to watch "Tommy" the rock opera.

Who sang it now?

Lennon is fuming. Quite rightly so.

You don't know he's been stabbed in the back at all.

Anyway, if he has, who cares? It's a big bad world out there. Danny will get a new job, he and we move on.

Tommy Craig is our new manager, let's all get behind him and our club.