Stabbed In The Back

This won't be in any way popular, but Tommy Craig has a long history of hanging about clubs when gaffers are sacked and worming his way in with a new regime. He got through six managers at Parkhead in the 80s and 90s before he was turfed. It's been his way of working for decades now.

The actions of today do nothing to change my opinion that the guy's a weasel.

Sorry but FFS this is completely out of order.

Plenty on here care Lex. thumbdown.gif

Well I don't. Danny is a nice guy in public and because he won a cup he is a club legend.

However, he was well paid to do a job in his time here and he leaves with his reputation intact.

There are plenty of ex players who will tell you a story about being stabbed in the back by Danny, right back to John Potter and Gareth Wardlaw, right up to Lee Mair and 3 seasons worth in between. Forgive me if i lack sympathy now it's apparently happened to him.

He's history, let's move on and look forward.

Edited by Lex

Well I don't. Danny is a nice guy in public and because he won a cup he is a club legend.

However, he was well paid to do a job in his time here and he leaves with his reputation intact.

There are plenty of ex players who will tell you a story about being stabbed in the back by Danny, right back to John Potter and Gareth Wardlaw, right up to Lee Mair and 3 seasons worth in between. Forgive me if i lack sympathy now it's apparently happened to him.

He's history, let's move on and look forward.

Is this your last post?

After all you did say you would resign from the forum if Tommy Craig was our new manager? whistling.gif

I'm sure more will miss Danny than you. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Did Danny not promise potter n wardlaw new contracts then take back that promise at the end of the season to free space in his budget for other players.

Maybe the board looked at it in they way tommy can carry on the work of Lennon bring through youngster plus extra space in the budget.

He got through six managers at Parkhead in the 80s and 90s before he was turfed. It's been his way of working for decades now.

Makes me quite uneasy when people come out with stories and whispers of things that may have happened at old firm clubs, take opinions from old firm supporters with a big pinch of salt.

Just MENTION Gregg Wylde to a R*ng*rs fan and observe the personal abuse directed at YOU for bringing it up.

I am and always will be a St Mirren supporter but I have swaying on renewing my season ticket mainly due to value for money but this has swung it and I won't be renewing it after the appointment our new manager.

I will be cheering on the boys and supporting our new manager as always but I am embarrassed on how this has come about and the BoD have to take the majority of the blame

If I was DL I would be raging as this has not just happened in the last 24 hours but must have conspired and planned for weeks possibly months behind his back by our BoD, his assistant, his captain and one of his senior players in Teale. Disgusting treatment for our cup winning manager he has been stabbed in the back by people close to him...

You deserved better Danny no matter what people thought of you.

I am and always will be a St Mirren supporter but I have swaying on renewing my season ticket mainly due to value for money but this has swung it and I won't be renewing it after the appointment our new manager.

I will be cheering on the boys and supporting our new manager as always but I am embarrassed on how this has come about and the BoD have to take the majority of the blame

If I was DL I would be raging as this has not just happened in the last 24 hours but must have conspired and planned for weeks possibly months behind his back by our BoD, his assistant, his captain and one of his senior players in Teale. Disgusting treatment for our cup winning manager he has been stabbed in the back by people close to him...

You deserved better Danny no matter what people thought of you.

Danny Lennon got four years at St Mirren his full contract term he was not sacked '4 years' Going by the constant we want Danny out for a couple of seasons now I would say the board did well by Danny Lennon.

Most work places if a suitable candidate is available within then that person deserves his promotion. Our club is giving the chance to three employee's two of which are young. Gus who ? He was an assistant manger and did alright. Something I would very much say of our board even if you don't agree with the appointment they are 100% loyal. Not sacking Danny and promoting within.

Your thread leaves a nasty taste in my mouth and has not been thought through properly though we are entitled to our opinion. No way is our board back stabbers

What was said Drew ? away in a far land at the moment.

Hmm.

To be honest, Ian, it was more about what was not said.

No real surprise, there, but he was asked why they hadn't considered other applications or interviewed anyone for the job (aside from Wee Tam), and he didn't answer it, for me. He also spoke of not making any real changes to the way the playing side of things has been ticking along, and also that the targets for Tam are much the same as for Danny, which inevitably begs a question or two.

He vehemently refuted any suggestion that the appointment was the cheap option. Again, no surprise there, then.

Ach, it was exactly what I thought it would be - ie: not much of anything.

How so? Why the need to turn this into a conspiracy theory?

Lennon's record wasn't great on a few fronts and he's paid the price with his job.

TC brings continuity and is cheap. Both of those things appeal to a BOD that is looking to sell the club.

On top of that, show me a dressing room in any league where there is not some form of unrest. FFS let's not turn this into a f**king big thing.

So you think Continuity with a regime that failed in your eyes is a good thing

Hmm.

No real surprise, there, but he was asked why they hadn't considered other applications or interviewed anyone for the job (aside from Wee Tam), and he didn't answer it, for me. He also spoke of not making any real changes to the way the playing side of things has been ticking along, and also that the targets for Tam are much the same as for Danny, which inevitably begs a question or two.

He vehemently refuted any suggestion that the appointment was the cheap option. Again, no surprise there, then.

What was not said.whistling.gif

Hmm.

Also telling McLean would be better off going to the English Championship as the time is right

So you think Continuity with a regime that failed in your eyes is a good thing

Doesn't really matter what I think. What I said is that it appeals to the board. A point that was clarified by SG on the radio.

Don't try to twist my words.

This is probably the best appointment for the board as hopefully there will be a bit of continuation. I hope messrs craig Goodwin and teale have been men and spoke about this with danny as I would expect grown ups to do . craig apparantley has good connections in the footballing world so be interesting to see who signs for the buddies but im not expecting great things as I imagine he was part of the process along with danny, hope im proved wrong . I will always follow stmirren and this wont stop me going no point taking it out on the team its the board who have made these decisions. one thing id love to thank danny for the chance to enjoy another cup success for the saints and thank him for all he has done and he can leave stmirren park with his head held high, good luck danny boy.

This won't be in any way popular, but Tommy Craig has a long history of hanging about clubs when gaffers are sacked and worming his way in with a new regime. He got through six managers at Parkhead in the 80s and 90s before he was turfed. It's been his way of working for decades now.

He could barely conceal his glee on stv news. This may well be the start of a turbulent period

Nobody twisting words. Just presenting the implications in your statement on

Yes, you tried. I posited a theory that I felt would be acceptable to the BOD. It appears I was correct. My statement had nothing to do with my view.

Incidentally, as you're interested, I don't think it's a bad appointment for the same reasons.