Stabbed In The Back

He could barely conceal his glee on stv news. This may well be the start of a turbulent period

WTF do you expect a person who has just been promoted to the top job after 4 years as assistant to be, miserable as hell ! FFS I cannot believe some of the pish being posted on here tonight. Just get behind the team and give the guys a chance. Any managerial appointment is a risk but this looks like a safe if somewhat uninspired decision. Some of the abuse on here is scandalous and personal and not warranted.

He could barely conceal his glee on stv news. This may well be the start of a turbulent period

FFS, why shouldn't he be happy? He's just landed a gig at an established senior club.

Also, what makes you think that we're in for a turbulent time? We could easily be heading fir the top six for the first time on our history.

Anyway, you seem upset. Were you not a supporter of the previous regime, as you called it? Aren't you happy for Tommy?

Edited by DLBud

We could easily be heading fir the top six for the first time on our history.

Aware I am being a massive pedant (sorry!) but we have finished higher than 6th before. More accurate to say in the SP(F)L's history. This is the fault of TV, with its insistence on pretending that things only count from 1998 in Scotland and 1992 in England.

I was all for keeping Danny however as mentioned his contract ended. He was not sacked or had his contract terminated that is how the world works. In agreement with other posters I support St Mirren endure the lows and enjoy the highs.It is not a rational arrangement but one I have gone into without asking for guarantees.

Do not expect people to agree with this latest announcement but disappointed with the attacks on the new management team.

Was always told by Dad that in following St Mirren you have to keep the faith and that is what I have done for more seasons than I can remember.

Let's move on.

Maybe Danny's departure could have been handled better, but stabbed in the back? Plucked from the lower leagues and given the chance at SPL level, allowed to sign and manage players of genuine quality like we certainly have, and be allowed to pit his wits against guys like Butcher, McCall and Neil Lennon, now with a major trophy win on his CV, not sacked, and kept his team in the top flight?

Stabbed in the back my arse - handed a bloody good opportunity for four years more like.

I renewed my ST five minutes ago. No qualms.

Edited by pozbaird

WTF do you expect a person who has just been promoted to the top job after 4 years as assistant to be, miserable as hell ! FFS I cannot believe some of the pish being posted on here tonight. Just get behind the team and give the guys a chance. Any managerial appointment is a risk but this looks like a safe if somewhat uninspired decision. Some of the abuse on here is scandalous and personal and not warranted.

Spot on. Let's get behind our manager.

nobody but danny and the BOD know exactly why dannys contract was not renewed,so not point in anyone speculating, tommy has been here 4 years and is now the manager, i have spoken to him a couple of times, he was interested in my opinion of recent games,seems a pleasant guy to me and he is in my opinion a far better choice than some of the bookies favourites mentioned, yes he is an affordable option,because we really cannot afford well established succesful managers, danny is also a pleasant guy and i have no idea what was said at his last meeting with the BOD or any team meetings, so to speculate on him being stabbed in the back is wrong.

I hope danny gets a new gig soon and wish him all the best, i also think it was time we needed a change, i would have been happy if danny had stayed and decided he needed to adopt large scale change, but thats not happened, so we need to sit back and watch what tommy can do to change things, i am happy for him to have been given the chance

I have worked with people in a team where there are clashes of personality and a view that the team leader was not the person for the job. But the projects got finished and only then did the setup change when the job was done.

DL had a contract and the BoD honoured that contract so Danny left with honour and dignity. It would have been worse if he has got the bullet a few months ago when we were on a downward spiral. I think ihis departure could have been handled better but do not believe it to be a stab in the back.

Our BoD are a hands-on board. They know what is going on within the club and the personal qualities of their employees better than anyone on this forum. They have never let us down and have proved to be one of the better boards in Scottish Football. Maybe this is not their finest moment but I think they also deserve some slack.

Aware I am being a massive pedant (sorry!) but we have finished higher than 6th before. More accurate to say in the SP(F)L's history. This is the fault of TV, with its insistence on pretending that things only count from 1998 in Scotland and 1992 in England.

Maybe Danny's departure could have been handled better, but stabbed in the back? Plucked from the lower leagues and given the chance at SPL level, allowed to sign and manage players of genuine quality like we certainly have, and be allowed to pit his wits against guys like Butcher, McCall and Neil Lennon, now with a major trophy win on his CV, not sacked, and kept his team in the top flight?

Stabbed in the back my arse - handed a bloody good opportunity for four years more like.

I renewed my ST five minutes ago. No qualms.

If that's not the bag over the heid.... On top of hiring a manager for the vacancy the Bod have already run out of qualms in the club shop? Edited by Lord Pityme

So if Lennon's record is poor remember Tommy Craig was a part of that so what makes you think Tommy Craig has anything better to offer.

It stinks from back stabbing to cost cutting. For that reason they can slash the season tickets. Do I think they will. Not a chance.

I wasn't particularly referring to his league record which I think you may be. His transfer dealings have been pretty awful and how he has dealt with senior pros forced out of the club over the last few years has not gone down well with some other players.

Aside from that he was the manager so the buck stops with him and he would've had the final say on everything as you'd expect.

Do I think TC will do any better? Not sure but I do know that we can do without the f**king histrionics and conspiracy theorists going into full on meltdown over a fairly low risk appointment.

I wasn't particularly referring to his league record which I think you may be. His transfer dealings have been pretty awful and how he has dealt with senior pros forced out of the club over the last few years has not gone down well with some other players.

Aside from that he was the manager so the buck stops with him and he would've had the final say on everything as you'd expect.

Do I think TC will do any better? Not sure but I do know that we can do without the f**king histrionics and conspiracy theorists going into full on meltdown over a fairly low risk appointment.

Indeed.

The drama queens seem to be out in force this evening.dry.png

Members of the board appeared to have told journalists months ago that DL was going to lose his job. That shouldn't have happened, and Danny certainly has that to feel sore about.

Meanwhile, rumours of dressing room unrest, season ends, manager out one day and his assistant, captain and a.nother in the next... hmm.

It doesn't look great from the outside. I just hope a line has been drawn under all of this at the club, there's no rancour, and we can go on and have a good season.

Our BOD have done more for the club than Danny Lennon ever did. They did plenty for Danny Lennon as well.

The abuse they get on here is a joke to be honest. If people aren't going to go anymore because we have a new manager, then f**k them. They are quite clearly self important wankers who don't really care about the club that much if they can just walk away. They'll be crawling back if we get any kind of success anyway.

So basically the boards role in this current mess are that they haven't addressed the mess Lennon has us in and have backed his efforts to get us out of it rather than just replace him?

Don't think you'll find many now who disagree with that.

Our BOD have done more for the club than Danny Lennon ever did. They did plenty for Danny Lennon as well.

The abuse they get on here is a joke to be honest. If people aren't going to go anymore because we have a new manager, then f**k them. They are quite clearly self important wankers who don't really care about the club that much if they can just walk away. They'll be crawling back if we get any kind of success anyway.

Funny how you change your tune to suit your long and bitter dislike of our last manger? 1eye.gif

Members of the board appeared to have told journalists months ago that DL was going to lose his job. That shouldn't have happened, and Danny certainly has that to feel sore about.

Meanwhile, rumours of dressing room unrest, season ends, manager out one day and his assistant, captain and a.nother in the next... hmm.

It doesn't look great from the outside. I just hope a line has been drawn under all of this at the club, there's no rancour, and we can go on and have a good season.

Absolutely this.

There is no question in my mind that the situation hasn't been dealt with perticularly effectively. I don't think Lennon has been stabbed in the back, but he has been treated pretty shabbily (shat on, is how is described it in another thread, and it seems that way to me). I'll say it again, though, I don't believe this reflects on the new manager or Teale and Goodwin. PR has never been a strong point of the club (certainly in recent times), so nothing that has happened should come as a great surprise. In the grand scheme of things, however, this is another dunt along what has always been, and always will be, a long and bumpy road with plenty of twists and turns.

I feel for Danny, but he'll move on. We also need to move on. There is no point in picking away relentlessly at this scab, for a scab it is. The club is much more important than any individual concerns when all is said and done. A line now needs to be drawn under the events of the past week or so. There is nothing to be achieved by doing otherwise.

I have already offered my best wishes to Danny, and now they go out to Tommy, Jim, and Gary. Maybe not the dream team, but they are our team, for now. Time to get behind them.

Funny how you change your tune to suit your long and bitter dislike of our last manger? 1eye.gif

I didn't have a long a bitter dislike of the previous manager. I backed him on many occassions. You know this, as you read all my posts. Unfortunately you have a long and bitter dislike of me, because I frequently make you look stupid.

I didn't have a long a bitter dislike of the previous manager. I backed him on many occassions. You know this, as you read all my posts. Unfortunately you have a long and bitter dislike of me, because I frequently make you look stupid.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Aye, I've had a laugh reading your posts.

More faces than the town hall clock almost covers you. 1eye.gif

As for looking stupid, your previous posts do that by themselves. bye1.gif