Stabbed In The Back

The fact is that Tommy Craig and the senior players stabbed Danny Lennon in the back.

Where do all the Lennon supporters go now bearing in mind that the current manager and his cohorts did this to the man they so deeply loved?

Danny Lennon was clueless. I was proved right... yet again!

Please feel free to apologise to me and bow down to my mastery!

Just wait and see the problems if you want to change your name. lol.gif

The forum actually took a giant leap in quality for a short period , you were on holiday I take it ?

Things going down hill again. There is lots of forums out there should you not join one and maybe just post something here when you have something to say about Saints.

The forum actually took a giant leap in quality for a short period , you were on holiday I take it ?

Things going down hill again. There is lots of forums out there should you not join one and maybe just post something here when you have something to say about Saints.

Sorry. bangin.gif

Still having trouble with technology? bye1.gif

Hold on a second................................ Can we please put DL's record into context!

If you apply the exact same points awarded system of 2 pts for a win, one for a draw and none for a loss over the past 12 managers that St. Mirren have had, it puts DL into the context that we should judge his record. Not just because he won a cup, albeit that was a terrific day.

For the record the following reflects the percentage points won by each manager during their term of office:

1st Jim Clunie: Pts available: 284 Pts won: 163 Percentage: 57.4%

2nd Willie Cunninghoam: Pts available: 274 Pts won: 151 Percentage: 55.1%

3rd Alex Ferguson: Pts available: 246 Pts won: 134 Percentage: 54.5%

4th Wilson Humphries: Pts available: 174 Pts won: 90 Percentage: 51.7%

5th Ricky McFarlane: Pts available: 196 Pts won: 99 Percentage: 50.5%

6th Gus McPherson: Pts available: 578 Pts won: 285 Percentage: 49.3%

7th Tom Hendrie: Pts available: 306 Pts won: 148 Percentage: 48.4%

8th Alex Miller: Pts available: 286 Pts won: 135 Percentage: 47.2%

9th Tony Fitzpatrick: Pts available: 364 Pts won: 164 Percentage: 45.1%

10th Danny Lennon: Pts available: 358 Pts won: 154 Percentage: 43%

11th Jimmy Bone: Pts available: 154 Pts won: 65 Percentage: 41.6%

12th and not surprisingly last: John Coughlin: Pts available: 106 Pts won: 42 Percentage: 39.62%

I adopted the exact same points system for all as the 3 points for a win would probably not have been available to all, so the percentage success rate is the same for all.

So despite all the vitriol that Danny has been hard done to etc., etc. the record speaks plainly for itself, he is the 3rd worst manager in terms of results over the past 44 years!

The BoD's have weighed this up along with his signing policy and come to the logical conclusion, he hasn't taken the club forward. The stats don't lie!

David Hay?

The fact is that Tommy Craig and the senior players stabbed Danny Lennon in the back.

Where do all the Lennon supporters go now bearing in mind that the current manager and his cohorts did this to the man they so deeply loved?

I was a Gus supporter, then a Danny supporter, now a Tommy supporter. It's quite simple.

According to Tommy and Jim, their offer to become Danny's successor came as a complete surprise and was not pre-meditated on their part in the slightest. Tommy and Danny have discussed the situation and remain friends. There is no bad blood between parties and no ill feelings from Lennon towards St Mirren. This comes directly from the men themselves.

There was no back stabbing by any of these people. Danny leaves the club after seeing out his contract as a cup winning hero with dignity intact and a great CV. A vacancy opens up. The BoD elect to promote from within. It's almost a non-story.

Maybe there's just not enough soap operas on tv to keep some folk happy.

I was a Gus supporter, then a Danny supporter, now a Tommy supporter. It's quite simple.

According to Tommy and Jim, their offer to become Danny's successor came as a complete surprise and was not pre-meditated on their part in the slightest. Tommy and Danny have discussed the situation and remain friends. There is no bad blood between parties and no ill feelings from Lennon towards St Mirren. This comes directly from the men themselves.

There was no back stabbing by any of these people. Danny leaves the club after seeing out his contract as a cup winning hero with dignity intact and a great CV. A vacancy opens up. The BoD elect to promote from within. It's almost a non-story.

Maybe there's just not enough soap operas on tv to keep some folk happy.

Andy enjoys a good wind up mate leaves the carrot for some poor soul to come along and munch.

Did not read the thread but from the title you know this is a cracker.

None of this is helpful. For the record I was a big Lennon fan. But the constant sniping of malcontents hoping for Gus to return did no one any good, Talk of backstabbing does no one any good.

What ever I think TC is manager now and so he gets my full loyalty.

I hope everyone else does the same.

Andy enjoys a good wind up mate leaves the carrot for some poor soul to come along and munch.

I know. I was actually one of the last few, along with him, to stick with Gus til the bitter end and agreed with most of what he said until about 4 years ago. But I moved on where he didn't, and backed Danny to the hilt and never once called for his head. Now it is time to move on again which I will graciously do although being a self proclaimed Gusophile and Lennon Lover.

Tommy has said he expects to get to work on signings pretty much immediately and expects up to 8 new players to join us. Should be an interesting close season and I can't wait.

My only real issue now is how to get "Tommy, Jim and Gary's Black & White Army" to fit the tune.

All now a non-issue.

Everyone needs to get behind the new management team.

Having mulled over my comments from yesterday I suppose not knowing about any internal unrest within the squad is good and hopefully there is now a clean slate.

I disagree that Saturday was an opportunity to give DL a send off, although seemingly insinuated it wasn't confirmed he was leaving until after. Having conducted himself outwardly with such dignity and humility I think it should have been made known publicly prior to the last game...

Some of the comments on last night's Radio interview begged more questions than provided answers, but I believe that the new appointments to be good ones.

There was some clarity in terms of the master plan/blue print for future success. TC seems to have a track record of developing young talent. Teale is clearly thought very highly of given recent coaching experience within the club. Goodwin is clearly a very articulate guy who happens to be an obvious leader and if I were a betting man I would have money on Jim or Gary replacing TC in 4 years time.

We all need to get behind the club again and make our own judgements from there. I accept SG's comments about not saying a bad word against DL but it still leaves the question as to why tinker if it isn't broken.

I accept we don't know what has been said or done behind closed doors and I hope that today's statements are a true reflection of events.

Interesting times ahead.

COYS

Two different issues - the scuffle between Bone & McGarvey after the Tromso game and what might have happened backstage as the season progressed.

Admirable sentiments about the perils of rewarding treachery although I'm not so sure if it's restricted to football and anyway how many members of the current Board were there in 1988?

So there's different versions out there, that's news to me. I guess neither of us can say for sure what the true story is - although that didn't stop you presenting one version as verbatim. We do know that the players must've agreed to a change in their contracts.

As for sending Roy out on loan, IIRC this all happened once we were out of the Cup and the running for promotion - Yardley was sent out on loan too and Alex Burns was transferred to Thistle all at about the same time as the club struggled to break even that season. By that stage I doubt 3rd place was an issue as IIRC we finished the season 8th although if it was perhaps SG is to be commended for his Machiavellianism - a prince has to do what a prince has to do!

I doubt it - there was only 7 points separating 3rd from 8th that season. Ludo Roy left St Mirren for St Johnstone on the 26th of February. Machiavellian is certainly one of the things I would call it. Another is undermining the manager, especially given the change to the bonus structure that year. You might be impressed with it but I wasn't. I was a season ticket holder that season and the thought that the board may have been happy to lose matches frankly sickens me.

You are unstable, Andy.

Seek help.

I doubt it - there was only 7 points separating 3rd from 8th that season. Ludo Roy left St Mirren for St Johnstone on the 26th of February. Machiavellian is certainly one of the things I would call it. Another is undermining the manager, especially given the change to the bonus structure that year. You might be impressed with it but I wasn't. I was a season ticket holder that season and the thought that the board may have been happy to lose matches frankly sickens me.

You say undermining the manager, I say cutting costs once any prospect of promotion were gone - as ever we seem to have reached an impasse. I'm surprised you claim to be sickened by the Board's actions that season as you seem to be a fan of "strong management" in other walks of life - anyway at least it hasn't stopped you supporting Saint Mirren.