St Mirren Squad 2014/2015

Unfortunately we can't afford to be so pushy in negotiations, unless we have better players lined up to replace them. And we gain nothing by using such a tactic.

We missed a trick last season by not giving McGowan a deadline and ended up signing Harkins just before he decided to stay.

We missed a trick last season by not giving McGowan a deadline and ended up signing Harkins just before he decided to stay.

That was our fault for signing Harkins. We should have given a deadline in that case, as we had a replacement lined up. Just common sense.

Now confirmed on OS with Adam Brown also signing for a year.

That's Hughes, Williams & Brown all going to be in and around the first team next season by the looks of it.

So what are these boys like, how likely would they be to get playing time next season?

A few people have mentioned Hughes as a possible replacement for Goodwin but I don't know much about the other two?

Did Williams come on for the last 15 mins against the amateur team the u20s beat about 15-0 last pre season, in the ren cup semi? I seem to remember a similar named player, left sided mid or full back and scored a hat trick the 10-15 min he was on the park?

Spent most of the season injured, not sure if he'll get kept on or not.

That's a shame. I genuinely thought he'd be the guy who we turned to at left back when it was clear that Grainger wasn't going to cut it.

The little I saw of him against Killie was impressive.

From todays Herald Tommy says that he will drive his recruitment process next week and start to make a move for new players who are coming to the end of their contracts at their current clubs.

"I would hope that by Tuesday or Wednesday next week I'll have compiled a list of players that I'm looking at and get cracking with that," Craig said. "Recruitment at this point is absolutely vital. We're looking at guys going out of contract at other clubs as that's the market we're in."

Fingers crossed he's learned from last season's expensive mistakes.

Anyone know what the script is with Yaqub? Are we expecting him to feature next season?

Found it strange that he never featured all season after playing the final game of the previous season and doing very well.

Spent most of the season injured, not sure if he'll get kept on or not.

Thats a bit of a puzzling move? wacko.png Yaqub didn't get a look in all season. In fact I don't even recall him being on the bench? Is the thinking behind this to have him as backup for Kelly?

See above.

Him and McLean both leaving according to Div on twitter.

Had a feeling Gowser would be off I know many write of his bad season but the guy had off field personal problems which affected his game. For me he is a great player and I'm sure will hit top form again this season just hope it's not another SPL club he is going to.

McLean odds on he was off and would put money on John McGinn leaving also. That's three very talented players so hope we can find quality to replace them. Going to be an interesting summer.

Not surprising to be fair, Gowser leaving will free up a big wage. Let's hope we use it wisely!

Surprised at McGowan not signing a new deal especially after the club stood by him through his court case fiasco with the police.

Surely with the amount of cash that they will pull in from the sale of mcginn and the development fee for mclean and throw in the money for the higher finnish you have got to be looking at the gutts of a million quid they must give the manager a large chunk of that to bring in players.if they dont we will go down like a whore in a brothel.

Surprised at McGowan not signing a new deal especially after the club stood by him through his court case fiasco with the police.

Might be offering less attractive terms to him this season? TC may rate him differently. Or possibly wants out the area after the trouble he's had with the police?

I love elvis. What would happen should we sign all the players that he suggests we should. Would he tip us to win things................. hmm let me think?

ive never suggested one single player and never would i dont get paid enough for doing my own job without having to do someone elses job as well.