St Mirren Squad 2014/2015

McAusland really needs to be shown the door as he is nowhere near good enough for the club. If we could afford him, I'd bring back Broadfoot to play beside McGregor.

McAusland really needs to be shown the door as he is nowhere near good enough for the club. If we could afford him, I'd bring back Broadfoot to play beside McGregor.

Would not get rid of McAusland he would break his back for the stripes. As for Braodfoot he is in England now on wages we could never match. Keep reading no one will be interested in McGowan personally I don't agree with that a host of clubs will be wanting McGowan and will be very surprised if we see him in the stripes next season

Would not get rid of McAusland he would break his back for the stripes. As for Braodfoot he is in England now on wages we could never match. Keep reading no one will be interested in McGowan personally I don't agree with that a host of clubs will be wanting McGowan and will be very surprised if we see him in the stripes next season

Broadfoot was papped from Blackpool last week, bud. He's a free agent.

He's the sort of guy who I'd like to see us going for, would undoubtedly improve our squad.

We should get Reilly out on loan until January. Let him play regular first team football at a decent standard and see how he goes. He's not figured over the past year (although he was injured for a long time) but I thought he looked good at times in season 12/13 and was one of our best players in the friendly against Newcastle playing wide left.

Moved my post to the Vanzy thread, it seems more appropriate that a club legend like Vanzy should merit his own thread.

Sorry to hear Vanzy is leaving. A real part of the St. Mirren family, he'll be sorely missed.....

Edited by ds10

We should get Reilly out on loan until January. Let him play regular first team football at a decent standard and see how he goes. He's not figured over the past year (although he was injured for a long time) but I thought he looked good at times in season 12/13 and was one of our best players in the friendly against Newcastle playing wide left.

Tbh I really just don't think Thomas is good enough, anytime that he's played this season it was like playing with 10 men! I hope he comes back and proves me wrong but doubt he would even get a gig in the championship.

Think we are likely to hear the retained/released list over the next day or so?

It was the reason for the quick managerial appointment after all!

Someone posted that Norrie from the OS had spoken with Tam yesterday, and it had been confirmed that we would hear more today.

Who else is there to release? I can't imagine there are many others who we would want to be leaving, aside from perhaps Harkins.

Someone posted that Norrie from the OS had spoken with Tam yesterday, and it had been confirmed that we would hear more today.

Who else is there to release? I can't imagine there are many others who we would want to be leaving, aside from perhaps Harkins.

Not so much release then, more who will not have their contracts renewed; McGregor, McGowan, et al.