St Mirren Squad 2014/2015

Naw. All pretty predictable. I had wondered if we'd be in for Magennis but not fussed that he won't be back.

TC has been interviewed in the Newcastle Chronicle today, too. Link for those that haven't seen it. Could do without him saying that Cellic are his Scottish team, but it's not a bad interview aside from that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-newcastle-united-man-time-7142294#.U3tNF_RdMPA.twitter

I wonder who we'll be getting from NUFC this season whistling.gif Adam Armstrong was showing up very well for England under-17s at the Euros (England's tournament top scorer but picked up an injury), but he might be a bit on the young side.

If Shane Ferguson (left winger, bloody good) isn't going to break into the first team this season, I'd definitely take him, with or without Wylde in the set up.

The Beeb confirm that Newton, Djemba-Djemba, Campbell and Magennis won't be returning next season.

No surprises really, Conor was the only one who was a regular and I think we will replace him easily.

Edited by TopCat

From the Scotsman no surprise this is from a few days ago so players not jumping in on the offer obviously. Hearts also want to sign Kello

Tommy Craig has opened talks with Darren McGregor, Paul McGowan, Kenny McLean and Marian Kello.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

This is going to be a long summer. sad.png

When is Gary Holt signing?

I really hope so. Summertime in Scotland can be all too short and we must endeavour to enjoy as much sunshine and light nights as we can. You are a long time dead!

When I was buying my chicken Korma microwave meal with pilau rice in Asda Linwood (or is it Paisley or Elderlsie) I also did not see Gary Holt so he too could be in Tommy's office signing for us as he must be somewhere.

It's good that the BOD haven't spunked their drawers at the first flash of cash.

If you want to buy any of our young, talented, up and comers then pay us what they are worth, otherwise don't waste our time.

Whilst I would like their to have been some mention of an extension or that no offers will be accepted, that's just not reality. If someone offers a fair price for one of our players, we will accept. Definition of value is a whole other subject and the BOD valuation may dffer drastically to some on here.

Just out of interest, if McGinn went at the end of his contract, would we be entitled to compensation (and how much) for having brought him up through the ranks? If so, that surely must be the very least any bid should be pitched at.

Think the development fee is around 60K for every year at the club. John has been here for 8/9 years?

Don't know if we are entitled to claim since he was a boy or if it's when he started the youth contract.

Think the development fee is around 60K for every year at the club. John has been here for 8/9 years?

Don't know if we are entitled to claim since he was a boy or if it's when he started the youth contract.

10 years with the club. Joined Saints aged 8.

I'd imagine so as there's 14 out of contract. Our squad really can't afford a net loss of 6 players, I wouldn't think. I can see us keeping 3 or 4 on and bringing in 8 new faces.

2 keepers (dependant on Dilo)

A centre half

2 wing backs for backup

A right mid

2 centre forwards

You could've made exactly the same post 12 months ago. Let's hope we've learned our lesson.

10 years with the club. Joined Saints aged 8.

Offt. Would we be entiteled to 600k then? Being entitled to and getting it are 2 different things. Pretty sure we struggled to get money off Rangers for Broadfoot. Falkirk were still owed 250k from Bradford for that diddy Stewart.

I think that only applies if he moves out of scotland.

I think the fee is heavily reduced but we'd still be due something. Could only see him going to Celtic up here, possible long term replacement for Scott Brown.

Offt. Would we be entiteled to 600k then? Being entitled to and getting it are 2 different things. Pretty sure we struggled to get money off Rangers for Broadfoot. Falkirk were still owed 250k from Bradford for that diddy Stewart.

I think the fee is heavily reduced but we'd still be due something. Could only see him going to Celtic up here, possible long term replacement for Scott Brown.

The fee changes per age bracket.

In Euros it's 10k per year age 12-15 and then 60k from 15-21.

At the end of his contract the compensation would be in the region of 220,000 Euros, approx. £178,000.

You can see why the £100k bid was placed to test the water.

Mark Williams (U20s player) has signed a new deal to keep him on for this season.

Now confirmed on OS with Adam Brown also signing for a year.

That's Hughes, Williams & Brown all going to be in and around the first team next season by the looks of it.

I would give McGregor and McGowan till Monday to make up there minds then take the contracts off the table.

Unfortunately we can't afford to be so pushy in negotiations, unless we have better players lined up to replace them. And we gain nothing by using such a tactic.