World Cup 2014

andyswann2007

For all that Germany are a great side full of strong athletic and able players, they don't half fall down for phuck all and act in a totally crap and unconvincing manner.

For all that Pepe is a complete fanny he must think that to get a red card for that , well phuck it I should have decked him properly.

So, Pepe should be embarrassed for his inability to control his temper and play tippy tippy heidy , and Muller should be embarrassed for his dreadful acting.

Both should get the blame for turning this game into a shambles..........worst game of the World cup so far

I'm just going to say it;

Neymar is a wee prick and I hope he makes a right hash of one of his trademark dives and goes over on his neck.

Not really worth sharing but thanks.

Back on topic, pretty turgid stuff, Mexico work hard, tackle hard and are no mugs.

I expect a better 2nd half as players tire and the game gets more open.

Hmmm...

I disagreed with the BBC panel on the two main talking points.

The Mexican goalkeeper was not as brilliant as they made out. Most of the saves were just blocks! He didn't move for most of them.

As for the penalty, he was impeded with the hand on the shoulder so he 'dived' in an attempt to underline it for the referee.

Hmmm...

The Mexican goalkeeper was not as brilliant as they made out. Most of the saves were just blocks! He didn't move for most of them.

As for the penalty, he was impeded with the hand on the shoulder so he 'dived' in an attempt to underline it for the referee.

Agreed. They kept going on about how he was cheating because he went down so easily. Is deliberately fouling a player not cheating then???

Hmmm...

If a light touch on the shoulder is enough to put a man on the floor, what's the game coming to? He clearly threw himself to the ground after the hand had been removed. Diving cnut! And Neymar's as bad. No doubt he get the odd real foul, but the way he reacts is disgraceful.

If a light touch on the shoulder is enough to put a man on the floor, what's the game coming to? He clearly threw himself to the ground after the hand had been removed. Diving cnut! And Neymar's as bad. No doubt he get the odd real foul, but the way he reacts is disgraceful.

I agree Neymar overreacts but he was kicked/clattered on about 80% of the times he received the ball.

The focus on the overreaction and ignoring the cynical tackles is a common trait.

I watched very closely, he was obviously targeted and while the majority of tackles were hard some were just brutal.

As for throwing himself to the ground, while traveling at full speed it takes very little to throw you off balance.