Newton

Mearns Saint

Also scored goals in FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup and Champions League Final wins, which isn't too bad.

I agree with you guys. Club loyalty is commendable and no doubt at the same time he has become a rich man. I'm sorry he didn't get a winners medal in the league this year and I think it will be even tougher next year. And I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think he'll get a world cup winners medal this year either.

Nobody can blame them following the cash. The days of lads following the dream and staying faithful to the team they supported as a child are long gone. Steve Gerrard is nearly the only one I can think of and I suppose Giggs and Scholes to some degree. Gerrard went through some bad times with Liverpool and stayed loyal. Will he ever get a league winners medal now? Probably not.

Also helps if your life long hero club is a mega rich established EPL side as both those 2 are.

Thanks Conor - your name is down in the St Mirren history books. Thanks for your contribution.

Indeed, there's only 4 players in our history who've scored winning goals in major cup finals, and he's 1 of them.

For that alone he is a legend.

Edited by TopCat

Guest TPAFKATS

And I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think he'll get a world cup winners medal this year either.

Oh FFS! Now you've gone and done it...

I agree with you guys. Club loyalty is commendable and no doubt at the same time he has become a rich man. I'm sorry he didn't get a winners medal in the league this year and I think it will be even tougher next year. And I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think he'll get a world cup winners medal this year either.

Bloody hope not... wink.png

Ah Mr Newton, first name Connor

For that cup final goal you deserve a guard of honour

Thinking of it now I get a stauner

Good luck now that from St Mirren you are a goner

More a casual uprising, I'm guessing?