Albion Rovers V St Mirren - Pre Season Kickaboot 15/7/14 - 7.45Pm

shull

Go on Ross... Get the knicker wetters in a frenzy as you amass half of Parkin's goal tally in your first game!

Go for broke and draw level with the big man by adding another...

I saw a Parkin goal secure a valuable three points at Dens Park, after Kenny McLean's first half screamer.

Tippy tappy pre-season fitness exercises against part time lower league sides don't impress me much... Said Shania Twain, yesterday.

Was pretty experimental stuff tonight with a mix of youngsters and senior players. Went 3-5-2 first half which seemed to work relatively well. Caldwell looked lively and took his goal nicely, Marwood should have scored a header but hit the bar from six yards out, he seemed pretty rusty.

Second half we made a load of changes, went 4-4-2 and the game went flat.

Hard to judge Mevlija on that really. He did lose a couple of headers to the big Albion striker and didn't seem to use his huge height as well as he should have done. I would play him again as a trialist on Saturday against Morton and make a decision next week.

Thought Plummer played quite well. Looked strong, quick and comfortable in possession.

The strips though, jeez. They look evenworse when being worn on the pitch.

Pretty unremarkable game tonight.

McGinn was head and shoulders above the rest. Liked the look of Marwood, who hit the bar with a header from point blank range and was close with a couple of other efforts.

Slovakian trialist looked O.K, but struggled to win headers. Simply put, we need another experienced CH in.

Caldwell took his goal well and looks like a decent penalty box striker.

Mo Yaqub looked good when he came on.

Some of the other youngsters showed decent composure and some nice link up play, but I'm not sure who they all were.

Our final ball into the box however, be it a cross or a pass was generally shite, so focus on the art of passing/crossing into the box is a must.

Must add that the pitch was awful.

Edited by FTOF

it was a game of many passes, unfortunately no free passes, didnt look like we were that bothered about scoring, gary teale on in the second half played in midfield and seemed to be just testing out players with passes, morton and carlisle games will be more competitive i'm sure,

wylde looked busy and plummer is solid enough at left back - but this was no test for him or any players really, TC said he'd use it to give a lot of players a run out and basically that is all it was

Edited by buddiecat

Was pretty experimental stuff tonight with a mix of youngsters and senior players. Went 3-5-2 first half which seemed to work relatively well. Caldwell looked lively and took his goal nicely, Marwood should have scored a header but hit the bar from six yards out, he seemed pretty rusty.

Hard to judge Mevlija on that really. He did lose a couple of headers to the big Albion striker and didn't seem to use his huge height as well as he should have done. I would play him again as a trialist on Saturday against Morton and make a decision next week.

Thought Plummer played quite well. Looked strong, quick and comfortable in possession.

I didn't see a 352 at any time.... first half was a back 4 of

Naismith... McAusland... Trialist... Plummer

Certainly Naismith bombed forward at every opportunity possibly making it look like a back three... but equally, Plummer was getting forward whenever possible.

A stroll on the training ground with no real challenge so difficult to judge... but on first viewing, Plummer, Marwood and the trialist all looked decent.

Plummer was played at left back and was very mobile. He was surprisingly smaller than I had expected.

Marwood had the pace of Guy and plenty of movement... but stayed onside. Alongside Thommo he has the potential to do well.

Trialist central defender looked strong, had good mobility and good positional sense... and didn't do anything silly. Def worth another look.

Cheesey was captain and for the most part did ok... apart from a potentially costly misplaced pass across his own area to the opposition!!!!!!!!

McGinn was the class apart on the field, and I don't think he broke sweat. One stupid mistake in defence saw him give the ball away to a guy who should have scored though.

Finished the match with Teale minding the crèche!!!

Yeh , Plummer did look good and as has been said , thought Greg worked hard . Not a great thing to watch as we missed a lot of sitters and they missed one too , which was quite funny because the young boys in the crowd began to taunt the wee Albion fans about it. .

Agree about the strip , it is not nice , especially that big badge on the front with King written on it. .

Im the same as BinEK. I seen a flat 442 both halfs. Not 352.

We certainly played the majority of the game with 4-4-2,although I left with 10minutes to go.

Naismith - McAusland - Mevjla- Plummer were our back four in the first half and it was Williams - McAusland - Mevjla - Yacub in the second.