New Players

TC & me both reckoned on about 8 new faces - hopefully the bulk of them will be announced when the window opens at the end of the month, then keep a bit of money back for the last couple of players & wait to see who becomes available towards the end of August to fine tune the team.

offtopic.gif Lucky we didn't listen to the wise old heads and wait for the new owners to bring in their own man!

Edited by Bud the Baker

I think we will hear more today about who's staying and who's going. It should an interesting couple of months...

Its dragging on a good bit. Surely they can release who has and who hasn't been offered a new contract? Maybe with the news about DVZ it means all other out of contract players have been made an offer?

Its dragging on a good bit. Surely they can release who has and who hasn't been offered a new contract? Maybe with the news about DVZ it means all other out of contract players have been made an offer?

Think Tommy was being a bit too optimistic regarding his 48 hours of who is going and who is staying. Players out of contact will be summing up what is in offer else where if it means a higher money they will be off. This will take time something we experience every summer.

New players is a different matter though again they have to sum up what is best for them which takes time.

It actually does seem as if this is the case (with the exception of the loan players, of course).

I'm surprised we didn't enter discussions with Conor Newton about a permanent move? I know he didnt have the best of seasons at times but still young and I think we're a good level for him to devlop. Wonder where he's away to.

I don't think he made any secret of his desire to play in England next season, can't really blame him either.

I don't think he made any secret of his desire to play in England next season, can't really blame him either.

I'm surprised that he found a club willing to pay over the odds for him. John McGinn is a far better player who is probably on a lower pay.

No , you stated that John McGinn was probably on a lower wage. This i agree with.

I was simply asking how you know someone has paid over the odds for Conor Newton ?

I don't, you win. What's the prize?

Ye suppose would still think he would be in the same boat as Mclean, McGregor, Mcgowan as in St Mirren have offered a contract but he's decided to decline it. The way the article is worded its as if we haven't made any attempt at signing him on a contract. Would ideally want a bit more info, think Adam Campbell would have been good back on loan next season as well from the little we seen of him but it looks like that bridge is burned from having him sit on the bench for best past of 4 months.

I'm surprised we didn't enter discussions with Conor Newton about a permanent move? I know he didnt have the best of seasons at times but still young and I think we're a good level for him to devlop. Wonder where he's away to.

Yeah he's a decent player and would have been happy for Connor to stay... Wouldn't have burst the bank for him right enough. Think someone on another thread said he could be going to Rotherham.