New Players

Would take him back too. When he is on form he defenders cant get near him. Would give us a different dimension.

I'd take Cregg back as well. Tidy player, what counted against him was we had Thomson and Murray in the same midfield.

How often is that.

Let's just get the team back that were running riot at the start of the 2011/12 season. Carey and hasslebaink back in plus we'll have mcgregor and wylde to add to the old team. Resign mcgowan, try and hold onto one of mcginn/mclean and we'll have a great team. We should've been a top six outfit that season. We tore Dunfermline apart and somehow only got a draw, then ran riot against Aberdeen followed by what would've been another tearing apart of Dundee utd at tannadice had Nigel not been sent off whilst clean through on goal to make it 2-0. Get them all back and lets see of tommy can mould it into a top 6 outfit this time.

Edited by Big Yards

Would take him back too. When he is on form he defenders cant get near him. Would give us a different dimension.

I'd take Cregg back as well. Tidy player, what counted against him was we had Thomson and Murray in the same midfield.

Problem with Hasselbaink is that he thinks he is bigger than the club and better than he actually is. We dont need that sort atvour club.

Wouldnt surprise me if this is why he hasnt been offered a new deal at the fakes.

He would just be a squad player there is a reason why the Fakes got rid of him. Would rather the money was spent on quality meaning a player who will be in the team week in week out.

Problem with Hasselbaink is that he thinks he is bigger than the club and better than he actually is. We dont need that sort atvour club.

Wouldnt surprise me if this is why he hasnt been offered a new deal at the fakes.

(Please discount my likes.)

Did you get this impression of nigel after speaking to him?

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

Why don't you phone Craig and tell him about the player.

. Hopefully if someone does phone him he will be be more alert than he was when Radio Clyde took the mickey out of him when he was assistant at Aberdeen. The wind up involved him being offered a striker called Bobby but even better his brother Jack, a commanding defender, was also available. I don't think that to this day he realised it was the Charlton brothers who were both in their 60's that the 'agent' was offering him !

. Hopefully if someone does phone him he will be be more alert than he was when Radio Clyde took the mickey out of him when he was assistant at Aberdeen. The wind up involved him being offered a striker called Bobby but even better his brother Jack, a commanding defender, was also available. I don't think that to this day he realised it was the Charlton brothers who were both in their 60's that the 'agent' was offering him !

So what you are saying is he takes people at face value. Funny when you know its a wind up even before an interview starts is funny taking the piss !

I'd take Hasselbaink. Be silly not to for the right wage, as he's proven he can provide a decent return in goals and assists, which our team sorely lacked last season.

Most assists for us last season came from Thommo with 5, followed by McGowan with 4. In all competitions. Hasselbaink got 8 goals and 6 assists for us in his season at the club. Last season for the fakes from just 20 starts, he got 5 goals and 3 assists.

For the right money he'd be worth a wage in my opinion. I hope we've got better players in mind, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at Nigel...

Lewis Kidd's contract has expired at Celtic and he is leaving them looking for first team football. He was on loan at QoS towards the end of the season. He's 18 years old and was the Scotland Under 16's captain a few years ago. I reckon he would be a good addition if the likes of McLean and McGinn are moving on. Kidds been linked with Sunderland, Aston Villa and Ajax but from speaking to people who know him he's supposedly keen to remain in Scotland just now.

World beaters at the age of 16 don't always translate into world beaters in senior football!

Let's just get the team back that were running riot at the start of the 2011/12 season. Carey and hasslebaink back in

Carey was too fat to fit in a strip when we were running riot (for all of 2 months) at the start of the 2011/12 season. Ever since e has been 'fit' it has been downhill almost all the way in the league at least!

(Please discount my likes.)

Did you get this impression of nigel after speaking to him?

Hasselbaink wanted to be made our highest earner at the club if he stayed (or his agent did). He had a decent start to the season and then dropped out the starting XI and that's not an uncommon pattern for him (he was the same at Accies).

I am not in favour of going back and chasing ex-players like Carey and Hasselbaink. They were decent enough squad players and had potential to be great players for us but didn't do the business often enough, hence why they weren't automatic starting XI picks every week.

They were part of a team that finished 8th with a decent enough points haul (for us) but I'd like to think we might be able to find better players within our wage structure.

He would just be a squad player there is a reason why the Fakes got rid of him. Would rather the money was spent on quality meaning a player who will be in the team week in week out.

I doubt they brought him in as a squad player though. He will be on a good wage they probably reckon they can put elsewhere in the team to someone that might actually stay in it when fit.

I like Hasselbaink, he had loads going for him, but over the course of a season he doesnt do it enough. Accies found that, we found that and Saintees found that. He's not going to change now.

I doubt they brought him in as a squad player though. He will be on a good wage they probably reckon they can put elsewhere in the team to someone that might actually stay in it when fit.

I like Hasselbaink, he had loads going for him, but over the course of a season he doesnt do it enough. Accies found that, we found that and Saintees found that. He's not going to change now.

As well as his pace and moments of brilliance, he has problems staying onside to an almost comical degree and can be so honking he can make BB footballers look good.

That said, he was probably the most effective partner for Thompson we've had over the past 3 seasons, with the exception of Isma.

As well as his pace and moments of brilliance, he has problems staying onside to an almost comical degree and can be so honking he can make BB footballers look good.

That said, he was probably the most effective partner for Thompson we've had over the past 3 seasons, with the exception of Isma.

Isma was amazing, truly amazing. I sometimes pinch myself and wonder "did Isma really exist or did I imagine him?"

Anyway, for much of last season we did not really have a partner for Thommo. Adam Campbell threatened to plug that gap but for some reason Daniel Lennon decided to sign him to fill the Aaron Mooy spot on our bench beside Djemba Djemba.

One can only imagine the tactical nuances that Tommy Craig's mind will be filled with but I certianly hope we can find an effective foil for Thommo's toil.

World beaters at the age of 16 don't always translate into world beaters in senior football!

He wasn't a world beater, just Scotland captain. I'm perfectly aware of the failure rate of kids in Scottish football. I didn't see Kidd play for QoS in the run in but the reports on him were good and his arrival appeared to spark a good run in form at the club. He's been highly rated throughout his time at Celtic after they signed him from Motherwell pro youth years ago. Despite that he was always going to have to move on to get matches. He'll do a great job for someone next season, and I suspect he'll go on to be a top player.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

He wasn't a world beater, just Scotland captain. I'm perfectly aware of the failure rate of kids in Scottish football. I didn't see Kidd play for QoS in the run in but the reports on him were good and his arrival appeared to spark a good run in form at the club. He's been highly rated throughout his time at Celtic after they signed him from Motherwell pro youth years ago. Despite that he was always going to have to move on to get matches. He'll do a great job for someone next season, and I suspect he'll go on to be a top player.

Feel I need to (perhaps temporarily) end my self imposed exile to point out how big a crock of pish that statement is - even by your high standards of posting nonsense on here.

Kidd barely kicked a ball for Queens and didn't appear for the first team until April - six weeks to two months after he'd signed on loan. The first two games he appeared in as a sub Queens lost (although they were already losing when he arrived). He made sub appearances in two other games - won they were already winning and in the other he came on with a minute to go and they then scored a winner. I think we can safely assume that wasn't some tactical masterstroke. He didn't even start a game until the last day of the season when the first team was being kept fresh for the play-offs. The only reason he got a start in the second leg is because of injuries and suspensions from the first.

By all means claim he is a good player but to try to make out he made a difference at Queens is bullshit. Sure, their form improved when he came in but he played no part in that - at best he was an unused sub. Their form got worse when he started playing, although I'm sure that wasn't down to him either.

Quite surprised to see you recommending him to be honest as normally if we were linked with an Old Firm reject who couldn't even get a game for a first division side you'd waste no time in telling us how bad a signing it would be.

Edited by Stu

Sorry but I'd disagree strongly with that suggestion. Was pish for us last time round and decidedly lower than average in general. There will be 20 better midfielders available in our price range this summer. Avoid.