Players Leaving!

jot88

Some on Twitter suggesting that MacGregor is heading for Hearts?

McGregor was quoted as saying he was desperate to sign on only a few weeks back. Maybe Hearts are offering more money? Some other reason? Would've thought he would've stated loyal to us after 2 years out though. Also, he's a Hibs fan, makes it a bit less believable?

David van zanten freed no great surprise
Kenny McLean Ipswich no contact
Paul McGowan hibs hasn't had best season, agree has talent and worth contract but is there better option maybe
Darren mcgregor Kilmarnock very over rated, yes can make great last man challenges but tend to be from own mistakes, again believe better options available
Kello hearts did we really think he was using us for anything else but to get himself in shop window
I heard from a good source!! Watch this space.

we always do just don't pay to much attention to most posters

David van zanten freed no great surprise

Kenny McLean Ipswich no contact

Paul McGowan hibs hasn't had best season, agree has talent and worth contract but is there better option maybe

Darren mcgregor Kilmarnock very over rated, yes can make great last man challenges but tend to be from own mistakes, again believe better options available

Kello hearts did we really think he was using us for anything else but to get himself in shop window

I heard from a good source!! Watch this space.

we always do just don't pay to much attention to most posters

FFS

McGregor leaving is no big deal.

He makes as many mistakes as Cheesy but bizarrely escapes the criticism.

It can't be denied our defensive record was poor last season, I'd be looking at 2 new centre backs.

Our defensive record isn't as bad as you're making out.

Our defensive record isn't as bad as you're making out.

Our defensive record is actually better than half of the Scottish Premiership. We need to score more goals. Playing with one up front is probably a factor in both these issues.

Many seem to forget that before this season, McGregor had only started 12 games in two seasons due to consecutive anterior cruciate ligament injuries. We might see him reach the same level he was at three years ago next season, or we might never see him reach that fitness again, or regain the pace he had before. I think we need to give the guy a break.

That being said, I'll be disappointed in him if, after we stood by him while he was injured for the best part of two seasons - even giving him a new contract while injured - he now decides to slap us in the face by leaving to go to a lower league team for more money.

Many seem to forget that before this season, McGregor had only started 12 games in two seasons due to consecutive anterior cruciate ligament injuries. We might see him reach the same level he was at three years ago next season, or we might never see him reach that fitness again, or regain the pace he had before. I think we need to give the guy a break.

That being said, I'll be disappointed in him if, after we stood by him while he was injured for the best part of two seasons - even giving him a new contract while injured - he now decides to slap us in the face by leaving to go to a lower league team for more money.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It would be typical of many (clubs and players) in modern football to show no loyalty.

I thought he was a good solid defender before his first injury (although prone to a few "jeezus!" moments like most others) and thought he would improve greatly as he aged. Maybe the injuries have limited him to the level he's at now and he's the best he's going to be -if so, it might not be a big deal if he goes.

Quite right, he should hang about until the club decides to dump him.

I think it should be remembered that he was injured on the field of play and that when fit, he has made himself available for selection. He owes us nothing.

Quite right, he should hang about until the club decides to dump him.

I think it should be remembered that he was injured on the field of play and that when fit, he has made himself available for selection. He owes us nothing.

It should also be remembered that we gave him a new contract while he was still injured.

He owes us some loyalty.

I won't be surprised if he leaves, as there seems to be little loyalty in football, but I won't be revising my view on what constitutes loyalty based on what is the norm in football.

The notion of players owing their club is a bit Roy of the Rovers, to be honest. Sad, but true, and a reflection of the modern football era.

I would say he does owe the club one thing, however, and that is courtesy. That would translate into him not stalling and making a relatively quick decision in order for the manager and coaching staff to make timeous arrangements in terms of a suitable replacement should he opt to move on.

ETA: is it also possible that he might feel he would have owed Danny a bit of loyalty and respect, as opposed to the current incumbent(s)? Nothing more than idle speculation, of course.

Edited by Drew

The notion of players owing their club is a bit Roy of the Rovers, to be honest. Sad, but true, and a reflection of the modern football era.

I would say he does owe the club one thing, however, and that is courtesy. That would translate into him not stalling and making a relatively quick decision in order for the manager and coaching staff to make timeous arrangements in terms of a suitable replacement should he opt to move on.

ETA: is it also possible that he might feel he would have owed Danny a bit of loyalty and respect, as opposed to the current incumbent(s)? Nothing more than idle speculation, of course.

Yeah , we wouldn't want to be bringing in trialists at the last minute for pre-season games ! :-)

Yeah , we wouldn't want to be bringing in trialists at the last minute for pre-season games ! :-)

I can live with that. What I can't live with is bringing in your Bahokens and Djemba Djembas at the last minute ahead of games that actually matter.

McGregor's not scored since his first season with us, OK so we should discount the middle two, but his counterattacking abilities we're the main reason he was well regarded at that point as his defending has been as erratic as any of our other CD's during his time with us.

Happy if he stays but if he's got a better offer elsewhere we should maybe look at it as an opportunity............

Roy Of The Rovers - I used to love reading Billy's boots remember that one.