Players Leaving!

jot88

Darren mcgregor reminds me of Billy stark when he going forward with the ball at his feet. Perhaps a more midfield role would suit him as he does appear to lose his man in defence, thus allowing us to free up space for a new defender while keeping a good footballer at the club.

I don't think he has a good enough first touch or passing ability to be a midfielder.

McGregor's not scored since his first season with us, OK so we should discount the middle two, but his counterattacking abilities we're the main reason he was well regarded at that point as his defending has been as erratic as any of our other CD's during his time with us.

Happy if he stays but if he's got a better offer elsewhere we should maybe look at it as an opportunity............

Correct - it appears his attacking head was shaped into a 50p piece during his knee op's as his efforts on goal since have been lamentable.

First team coach Robbie Nielson wants Hearts to sign an experienced back-up goalkeeper to provide competition for a new number one, as the club aim to tempt Marian Kello back to Tynecastle. (Sun)

Robbie Nielson wants my arse....!

That's Levein wanting to field two goalies and nine defenders for hearts!

Playing McGregor in midfield would be a dreadful idea IMO.

He can win headers and tackle, but looks like he's never kicked a football before with the ball at his feet.

Id rather he stayed, but its not a total disaster if he goes. If he does go, I wish him all the best, he doesnt really owe a football club that employs him anything regardless of his injuries so its up to him.

Its really gonna rankle with a few but their will be/are players we would rather keep who will move on because Danny has gone.

Just a fact of life, he stuck by certain players when he didn't really have to, now they'll take that offer of a couple of hundred more quid a week even if its Hearts in the championship.

Whats the situation with Gowser???

McGregor's not scored since his first season with us, OK so we should discount the middle two, but his counterattacking abilities we're the main reason he was well regarded at that point as his defending has been as erratic as any of our other CD's during his time with us.

Happy if he stays but if he's got a better offer elsewhere we should maybe look at it as an opportunity............

Scored on first game of season before last against ICT (2-2 game)

Playing McGregor in midfield would be a dreadful idea IMO.

He can win headers and tackle, but looks like he's never kicked a football before with the ball at his feet.

Id rather he stayed, but its not a total disaster if he goes. If he does go, I wish him all the best, he doesnt really owe a football club that employs him anything regardless of his injuries so its up to him.

Sums up some of Danny's signings. whistling.gif

Its really gonna rankle with a few but their will be/are players we would rather keep who will move on because Danny has gone.

Just a fact of life, he stuck by certain players when he didn't really have to, now they'll take that offer of a couple of hundred more quid a week even if its Hearts in the championship.

Whats the situation with Gowser???

Who's it rankling with?

Both McGregor and McGowan had poor seasons IMO. If either or both leave I won't be overly concerned, we could and should be able to get better replacements in.

Who's it rankling with?

Both McGregor and McGowan had poor seasons IMO. If either or both leave I won't be overly concerned, we could and should be able to get better replacements in.

I would suggest that's not the consensus of the majority...?

Remember we have possibly the smallest budget in the league, we"ll get what we can afford which looks like youth at the moment.

I am firmly of the belief that we will see the best of McGregor again next season, and that it's easy to underestimate the effects of two consecutive cruciate ligament injuries on his performance. Listening to experts, it can take the same time as that spent out injured to get back the optimum sharpness and fitness you had before. The effect long injury lay offs on performances is always underestimated in my opinion.

It may be that these injuries have a permanent detrimental effect on McGregor's play, which remains to be seen, but I'm more than willing to cut him some slack based on what he's gone through.

For me, it'd be a big blow to lose him. It would leave us with Cheesy and Goodwin in central defence. I know they played together as we won the cup, but have been widely criticised as a pairing, and would see us lose Goodwin's drive and leadership in midfield to compound things.

I am firmly of the belief that we will see the best of McGregor again next season, and that it's easy to underestimate the effects of two consecutive cruciate ligament injuries on his performance. Listening to experts, it can take the same time as that spent out injured to get back the optimum sharpness and fitness you had before. The effect long injury lay offs on performances is always underestimated in my opinion.

It may be that these injuries have a permanent detrimental effect on McGregor's play, which remains to be seen, but I'm more than willing to cut him some slack based on what he's gone through.

For me, it'd be a big blow to lose him. It would leave us with Cheesy and Goodwin in central defence. I know they played together as we won the cup, but have been widely criticised as a pairing, and would see us lose Goodwin's drive and leadership in midfield to compound things.

"I am firmly of the belief that we will see the best of McGregor again next season" But will that be in the (pin)stripes?

It should be remembered that McGregor's injury problems didn't start when he joined St. Mirren.

He missed a large chunk of his last season with Cowdenbeath through injury as well.

He is injury prone and not a youngster anymore. Hoping that the best of him is yet to come may be a forlorn hope. He may well get injured again.

If he wants to leave then cheerio!

So with real bids coming in for McGinn now, you'd imagine the boy will be away as well.

This means, assuming Gowser moves on as well, that of our cup winning midfield, we could be left with only Teale at the club.

Quite sad, in a way.

At the moment my gut tells me that no one will table an offer for McGinn that the Bod would feel obliged to accept. As for McLean again i don,t think he's got a number of offers pending, it was the last few games of the season before we saw what we all know he is capable of.

This however could change for them both if they are selected and lead Scotland U21's to victory against The Nether-regions next week...

There will be a veritable scrum involving the many managers and agents attending to sign players that stand out for either side in a good performance.

It should be remembered that McGregor's injury problems didn't start when he joined St. Mirren.

He missed a large chunk of his last season with Cowdenbeath through injury as well.

He is injury prone and not a youngster anymore. Hoping that the best of him is yet to come may be a forlorn hope. He may well get injured again.

If he wants to leave then cheerio!

What was the injury he sustained when with Cowdenbeath and how long was he out for.

So with real bids coming in for McGinn now, you'd imagine the boy will be away as well.

This means, assuming Gowser moves on as well, that of our cup winning midfield, we could be left with only Teale at the club.

Quite sad, in a way.

Not unless some offers something worth accepting 100k is just a piss take!

I think McGowan is a very important player for us. Often this season he was the only one between midfield and attack. When he wasn't playing Thommo was isolated. The ball sticks with McGowan and he chases everything down. His goal-scoring record is poor but he does not play as an out-and-out striker. I do not see anyone else in the team that plays that position and I for one would not like to see him go.