Players Leaving!

jot88

I think McGowan is a very important player for us. Often this season he was the only one between midfield and attack. When he wasn't playing Thommo was isolated. The ball sticks with McGowan and he chases everything down. His goal-scoring record is poor but he does not play as an out-and-out striker. I do not see anyone else in the team that plays that position and I for one would not like to see him go.

If a player owes the club anything then my opinion McGowan does. The club could have terminated his contract over the court issue but they stood by him. That may (as many on here wanted) a custodial sentence.

Just my view.

If a player owes the club anything then my opinion McGowan does. The club could have terminated his contract over the court issue but they stood by him. That may (as many on here wanted) a custodial sentence.

Just my view.

Sorry, should have read.... Prevented a custodial sentence.

I am firmly of the belief that we will see the best of McGregor again next season, and that it's easy to underestimate the effects of two consecutive cruciate ligament injuries on his performance. Listening to experts, it can take the same time as that spent out injured to get back the optimum sharpness and fitness you had before. The effect long injury lay offs on performances is always underestimated in my opinion.

It may be that these injuries have a permanent detrimental effect on McGregor's play, which remains to be seen, but I'm more than willing to cut him some slack based on what he's gone through.

For me, it'd be a big blow to lose him. It would leave us with Cheesy and Goodwin in central defence. I know they played together as we won the cup, but have been widely criticised as a pairing, and would see us lose Goodwin's drive and leadership in midfield to compound things.

I am firmly of the belief that we will see the best of McGregor again next season, and that it's easy to underestimate the effects of two consecutive cruciate ligament injuries on his performance. Listening to experts, it can take the same time as that spent out injured to get back the optimum sharpness and fitness you had before. The effect long injury lay offs on performances is always underestimated in my opinion.

It may be that these injuries have a permanent detrimental effect on McGregor's play, which remains to be seen, but I'm more than willing to cut him some slack based on what he's gone through.

For me, it'd be a big blow to lose him. It would leave us with Cheesy and Goodwin in central defence. I know they played together as we won the cup, but have been widely criticised as a pairing, and would see us lose Goodwin's drive and leadership in midfield to compound things.

Good post tonally agree. Same goes for Gowser fans seem to have a short memory or have no understanding what he has been through this season regarding court case and community service. Gowser is a talent and a half for a team like Saints. If he stays and I hope he will we will see how good he is again. If he leaves for Hibs he will come back and punish us make no mistake

I would suggest that's not the consensus of the majority...?

Remember we have possibly the smallest budget in the league, we"ll get what we can afford which looks like youth at the moment.

We have the smallest budget in the league?! Who's telling you this?

McGregor and McGowan are eminently replaceable. Indeed I'd offer both reduced contracts and if they are refused I'd release them.

We have the smallest budget in the league?! Who's telling you this?

McGregor and McGowan are eminently replaceable. Indeed I'd offer both reduced contracts and if they are refused I'd release them.

I would say we have a bigger budget than Inverness, county, Partick and maybe even st.johnstone, there's no chance we have the smallest budget in the league.

I would say we have a bigger budget than Inverness, county, Partick and maybe even st.johnstone, there's no chance we have the smallest budget in the league.

Indeed, and we should have a larger budget than Dundee next season.

The reason we went with youth this season was because our big money players were such a disaster.

Indeed, and we should have a larger budget than Dundee next season.

The reason we went with youth this season was because our big money players were such a disaster.

Their average gate the last time they were in the top league was over 6,000, our average this season was about 4,500. This, and the new investors who have promised them money, might mean they could have a better budget than half the Premiership next season - us included. Their problem will be that they will need a lot more players for the new season based on what I saw of Hamilton the other night. All the pundits reckon Hamilton were a better side than Dundee and they struggled against Hibs, by far the worst team in the Premiership this season.

St.johnstone has been covered so many times they have a bigger budget than us simply because their out of football income is far larger than ours.

ICT - they also have a bigger budget than us as rich board top them up.

Thistle and Ross County work within their means like we do.

St.johnstone has been covered so many times they have a bigger budget than us simply because their out of football income is far larger than ours.

FIFY

We budget for an 11th place finish every season and that is fact. Mr Gilmour addressed this to the fans during the 'armageddon' period 2 years ago. That has been the running of the outgoings since we came up in 2006.

Partick probably have a similar approach in their first season.

Inverness and St Johnstone have a far grrater budget than ours. They have both being at the right end of he table the last couple of seasons with a larger income. Thry also have investors who are willing to 'push the boat out'.

When Dundee come up, their american investors will start to release funds and as mentioned their gates are far greater bigger than ours on a matchday.

Decent enough move for Newton, I guess. I think we all knew he wasn't going to stop up here.

On reflection, his goal against Hearts might have been the greatest and most enjoyable single moment of my football watching life.

Edited by Magic Monkey

Decent enough move for Newton, I guess. I think we all knew he wasn't going to stop up here.

On reflection, his goal against Hearts might have been the greatest and most enjoyable single moment of my football watching life.

And mine! So good luck to him and many thanks!

I can still feel the moment when you realised that 1) he had continued his run and 2) Isma's return pass was weighted perfectly (taking five defenders out the game). Time stood still: even watching it back now I can never quite believe how quickly it happened.

My seat was right behind the goal so I could see the bend on the ball away from the keeper as he leathered it in.

Utterly fúcking magnificent. Good luck with your career, Conor. icon12.gif

I can still feel the moment when you realised that 1) he had continued his run and 2) Isma's return pass was weighted perfectly (taking five defenders out the game). Time stood still: even watching it back now I can never quite believe how quickly it happened.

My seat was right behind the goal so I could see the bend on the ball away from the keeper as he leathered it in.

We were right behind the goal too but only about five or so rows from the back.. I was hoarse from all the cheering and singing and going ballistic after Thommo's goal, so all I could do was jump up and down and squeak when Conor scored.. but oh what a feeling.

Feck it all I think I'm gonna watch the DVD again tonight!!!

I think county are topped up by their main shareholder as well. they certainly pushed the boat out in the january window.

I think that this was the story of the botom 6 last year, all 6 teams signed a high proporion of duds, possibly getting cheap players in on purpose to see how things went until christmas-if they were in trouble they could use the surplus to get themselves straight. problem was that with 5 teams having the same idea competing for the same group of players only those with an owner willing to dig would get anyone decent in

It's a moment I'll never forget. Words don't do my memories of it justice.

We budget for an 11th place finish every season and that is fact. Mr Gilmour addressed this to the fans during the 'armageddon' period 2 years ago. That has been the running of the outgoings since we came up in 2006.

Partick probably have a similar approach in their first season.

Inverness and St Johnstone have a far grrater budget than ours. They have both being at the right end of he table the last couple of seasons with a larger income. Thry also have investors who are willing to 'push the boat out'.

When Dundee come up, their american investors will start to release funds and as mentioned their gates are far greater bigger than ours on a matchday.

You now all this for a fact.

Well you are only 35

You have been a bit more belligerent of late than I generally recall.

Your missus having lots of headaches?whistling.gif

It's me that has the headache reading some of the stuff on here and yes I could switch off, but I might miss something of real importance.