Players Leaving!

jot88

It's me that has the headache reading some of the stuff on here and yes I could switch off, but I might miss something of real importance.

On B&WA? Seriously? Its a lie down you need, mate, not to switch off!

Sad to see young the young Newtonian leave. All who are Paisley and proud well recall the ginger Geordie skillfully blast the ball into the back of the net at Hampden one certian afternoon.

Now, certian woman do not like other woman who are generally younger or more attractive than them.

Does Tommy Craig have a similar issue with fellow gingers?

ETA - Tommy might shout things like "I was getting sun burned on a dull day before you were even born ya wee strawberry blonde pretender, get oot ma club"

Edited by TediousTom

Sad to see young the young Newtonian leave. All who are Paisley and proud well recall the ginger Geordie skillfully blast the ball into the back of the net at Hampden one certian afternoon.

Now, certian woman do not like other woman who are generally younger or more attractive than them.

He'll be okay having poz around, thoughwhistling.gif

ETA - Tommy might shout things like "I was getting sun burned on a dull day before you were even born ya wee strawberry blonde pretender, get oot ma club"

the bold bit- i take it that you know this fact from your travels to certia?

Darren mcgregor reminds me of Billy stark when he going forward with the ball at his feet. Perhaps a more midfield role would suit him as he does appear to lose his man in defence, thus allowing us to free up space for a new defender while keeping a good footballer at the club.

nah not for me, he struggles to change direction when running with the ball. Don't remember him having a great range of passing either.

We budget for an 11th place finish every season and that is fact. Mr Gilmour addressed this to the fans during the 'armageddon' period 2 years ago. That has been the running of the outgoings since we came up in 2006.

Partick probably have a similar approach in their first season.

Inverness and St Johnstone have a far grrater budget than ours. They have both being at the right end of he table the last couple of seasons with a larger income. Thry also have investors who are willing to 'push the boat out'.

When Dundee come up, their american investors will start to release funds and as mentioned their gates are far greater bigger than ours on a matchday.

I don't know how our budget compares to others but budgeting for 11th place doesn't necessarily mean we have the 11th highest budget. It means our seasons wages/outgoings are based on the prize money that 11 place will get.

I don't know how our budget compares to others but budgeting for 11th place doesn't necessarily mean we have the 11th highest budget. It means our seasons wages/outgoings are based on the prize money that 11 place will get.

Does that not equate to us having the 11th highest budget? Unless others budget for getting relegated which seems unlikely.

I might be being stupid - just woken up...

Does that not equate to us having the 11th highest budget? Unless others budget for getting relegated which seems unlikely.

No mate, we'll budget for 11th prize money and have a forecast of season ticket and commercial revenue based on previous seasons. This will determine the wage bill.

I've no idea how we perform commercially or on season ticket sales compared with the smaller clubs in the league but I'd guess it's better than a few?

No. We may well have the 11th highest budget, but the board wouldn't set the budget based on what others are spending, they will budget according to how much money the club would get for finishing 11th and going out in the first round of both cups.

No. We may well have the 11th highest budget, but the board wouldn't set the budget based on what others are spending, they will budget according to how much money the club would get for finishing 11th and going out in the first round of both cups.

But surely that means we budget for less money than anyone else can budget for in terms of prize money? And our average attendance is one of the smallest in the league, which is another source of income.

Of course they wouldn't set it based on anyone else as they've no idea what others' budgets are, but if they budget on finishing 11th, with one of the lowest average gates then I can't see many (if any) clubs having a lower budget.

But surely that means we budget for less money than anyone else can budget for in terms of prize money? And our average attendance is one of the smallest in the league, which is another source of income.

Of course they wouldn't set it based on anyone else as they've no idea what others' budgets are, but if they budget on finishing 11th, with one of the lowest average gates then I can't see many (if any) clubs having a lower budget.

To some extent I expect it depends on the league prize money the previous season. So anything above 11th place is carried forward to the next season, but will be spent in that season only so there is no financial commitment beyond then.

Its not the smallest we are above saintees Ross county Inverness Partick and more or less similiar to motherwell and killie and next year we will be well above Hamilton.

Hamilton aren't short of a few bob.

They got a few hundred thousand for McCarthy being transferred to Everton.

With talk of McArthur going to an EPL club, they could rake in a similar amount.

To some extent I expect it depends on the league prize money the previous season. So anything above 11th place is carried forward to the next season, but will be spent in that season only so there is no financial commitment beyond then.

Definitely, so we should have a higher starting point this season with our 8th place giving us an extra £200k compared to last season, but if we still budget for 11th for the coming season, we'll still be limited to an extent possibly by only offering 1 year contracts to new players? With a lower finish being budgeted for going into the following season?

I think there was always next to no chance of McLean staying.

McGowan leaving wouldn't be a surprise either. I'd rather he stayed if he wasn't looking for daft money, but that's football.

We will need to rebuild our entire midfield if McGinn also goes. If he stays, it should be built around him, but I think the smell of crisp fivers will be too tempting for the BoD, and the meatball will also be heading off, sadly.

FFS, would we have any central midfielders left?

I think there was always next to no chance of McLean staying.

McGowan leaving wouldn't be a surprise either. I'd rather he stayed if he wasn't looking for daft money, but that's football.

We will need to rebuild our entire midfield if McGinn also goes. If he stays, it should be built around him, but I think the smell of crisp fivers will be too tempting for the BoD, and the meatball will also be heading off, sadly.

FFS, would we have any central midfielders left?

Looks unlikely... it would appear we are offering the least from the smallest budget.

I expect Dundee and Hamilton will be taking players from us, along with the Fakes, Killie, Hearts and now Hibs.

I think even Motherwell will be looking at our better players as what they offer will still be more than us.

at the moment we've got Thommo (35/35) Tealzo (35) Goodzo (33) Cheezo (naebody else wants him) Wyldezo, nae keeper, Thomas Reilzo and Kellzo.

Edited by Lord Pityme