Players Leaving!

jot88

Looks unlikely... it would appear we are offering the least from the smallest budget.

I expect Dundee and Hamilton will be taking players from us, along with the Fakes, Killie, Hearts and now Hibs.

I think even Motherwell will be looking at our better players as what they offer will still be more than us.

at the moment we've got Thommo (35/35) Tealzo (35) Goodzo (33) Cheezo (naebody else wants him) Wyldezo, nae keeper, Thomas Reilzo and Kellzo.

Change title from Players Leaving to Teams Leaving. whistling.gif

Hibs and Heart dropping into the championship means they will looking at the same players as we are which is going to be a challenge competing with them plus the other bottom 6 spfl clubs.

Hopefully the club will find out very soon who of our current out of contract players are signing on for the new season and who is leaving. Don't want another close season of being dicked about by players and agents. Mclean will be away and I really hope McGinn stays but if he goes then I hope we gets a sizable transfer fee. Wouldn't be too bothered if mcGowan left as he has had a very disappointing season and not worth his lucrative contract. McGregor will most likely be offered better terms elsewhere and as a result move on. Seems like dilo and kello won't be about either which would be disappointing.

Harkins will be back si everything will be fine. ;-)

If Kello leaves, we should make a move for Williams from Hibs now. I would give Kello a deadline to accept a new deal - possibly mid-week, or we could lose out on a solid 'keeper who has just become available. Alternatively, we could try to nick McGovern from Falkirk, though can see him being Easter Road-bound.

Keeping Dilo would be good business, but, again, we shouldn't fanny about waiting. We need to sort out the goal keeping situation as an absolute priority after the debacle of last close season when it was seat of the pants stuff at best.

Much as I know Liam Craig has been pretty poor in an absolutely dire Hibs team, he was good for the fermers, and can't have become a shite player over the course of a season. He actually scored 9 goals for Hibs this season, which is quite an accomplishment given how abysmal they have been. I'd take him in midfield, though can see him going back to St Johnstone, and why wouldn't he?

Very, very interesting times ahead, and we need to hope that TC & Co are on their mettle and get this right for us.

Edited by Drew

The club were never going to hand out new contracts until we knew we were safe.

Only gutted about McLean going and the possibility of McGinn leaving.

Kendo is unable to deal with the reality that all SPL clubs outside Celtic are in the same boat with about half their first team squad out of contract this summer and the other half out of contract next summer and all will have a big turn over of players being released, players turning down contract extensions, new players being signed, and last minute loan deals and panic buys coming in.

According to Goodwin's interview on Sportsound Tommy Craig isn't dealing with agents at the moment. Is he on holiday? Goodwin and Teale are the one answering calls from agents hawking players to us and our rivals.

Perhaps Tommy's sole task right now is to deal with the out of contract players. I suspect he'll start talking to agents when that's all done dusted. He might want Goodwin and Teale to at least talk to them to get our foot in the door, instead of fannying about and waiting.

According to Goodwin's interview on Sportsound Tommy Craig isn't dealing with agents at the moment. Is he on holiday? Goodwin and Teale are the one answering calls from agents hawking players to us and our rivals.

Tommy Craig wont deal with agents , that's Brian Caldwells job TC would have identified the players he is interested in .

Was this during his stint on Saturday's programme? I didn't take from what he said that TC wasn't dealing with agents, only that he (JG) was finding it a bit odd getting his head round them calling him to whore their clients - not something he is used to dealing with. Possibly I misheard him, or missed the point entirely.

Was this during his stint on Saturday's programme? I didn't take from what he said that TC wasn't dealing with agents, only that he (JG) was finding it a bit odd getting his head round them calling him to whore their clients - not something he is used to dealing with. Possibly I misheard him, or missed the point entirely.

You are correct.

I can see next season being a horror story just dont see any decent players wanting to play for us .Think Dundee and Hamilton will be better prepared than us .

FFS, hope for your sake someone hides your laces, belt etc.