Players Leaving!

jot88

Goodwin said: "Now, my phone has been going with agents offering players. They cannot get to Tommy, so they are going through me and Tealey and maybe we are too naive at the moment as we are answering the phone."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27559790

I think you're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 here, mate.

I think you're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 here, mate.

That's cool. I didn't hear the interview or podcast and just read the online article. I am also fairly relaxed if TC is on holiday and has left the club a note of his wishes regarding our out of contract players and some signing targets to work on while he is away. I'm also sure that as well as Goodwin and Teale being approached that someone like Thompson might get phone calls too. I'm sure when we players from Newcastle here on loan they might have also heard about other potential loanees coming from Newcastle to St Mirren further down the line... so as Drew says, it is probably not as unusual as it looks at first glance.

I can see next season being a horror story just dont see any decent players wanting to play for us .Think Dundee and Hamilton will be better prepared than us .

FFS Elvis, what would, realistically, need to happen to get you looking at things in a more positive light?

FFS Elvis, what would, realistically, need to happen to get you looking at things in a more positive light?

Ah c'mon, DLBud. Don't mock the afflicted. He's got that not too uncommon ailment some St.Mirren fans have. Miserygutitis.

Well if you read post on here in the speculation thread all the players people keep bringing up we cant afford or are pish so we would end up with all the dross and Charlie Nicholas says T.C is never a manager maybe we should stop being a bunch of cheap skates and spend some of the money we will get for Mclean and Mcginn plus all the extra dosh for the higher finnish and try compete for a change with Ross County and Caley . Well . Dundee .Hamilton. St JS.But we wont and we will be trying to stave off relegation once again that much i can garantee you.

Well if you read post on here in the speculation thread all the players people keep bringing up we cant afford or are pish so we would end up with all the dross and Charlie Nicholas says T.C is never a manager maybe we should stop being a bunch of cheap skates and spend some of the money we will get for Mclean and Mcginn plus all the extra dosh for the higher finnish and try compete for a change with Ross County and Caley . Well . Dundee .Hamilton. St JS.But we wont and we will be trying to stave off relegation once again that much i can garantee you.

Anyone who takes what Charlie Nicholas says as anything more than drivel really is beyond help.

Is this post for real or an attempt at humour?

That's cool. I didn't hear the interview or podcast and just read the online article. I am also fairly relaxed if TC is on holiday and has left the club a note of his wishes regarding our out of contract players and some signing targets to work on while he is away. I'm also sure that as well as Goodwin and Teale being approached that someone like Thompson might get phone calls too. I'm sure when we players from Newcastle here on loan they might have also heard about other potential loanees coming from Newcastle to St Mirren further down the line... so as Drew says, it is probably not as unusual as it looks at first glance.

I'm sure if Tommy needs to be contacted its only a mobile number away while Caldwell always deals with the nitty gritty. End of season is always a pain in the arse.

I'm sure Elivs is just trying to stir up a few posters. Then again maybe he is just a miserable soul carrying a huge cross up a hill which is probably the case if he is working on a stand by boat in the north sea as that job would make anyone miserable trust me.

Ah, I had assumed you had heard Jim talking about it. I can understand why it might read as you had interpreted it.

I'm sure if Tommy needs to be contacted its only a mobile number away while Caldwell always deals with the nitty gritty. End of season is always a pain in the arse.

I'm sure Elivs is just trying to stir up a few posters. Then again maybe he is just a miserable soul carrying a huge cross up a hill which is probably the case if he is working on a stand by boat in the north sea as that job would make anyone miserable trust me.

I dont work on a stand by boat i work on an F.S.U. if i worked on a stand by boat i realy would be a miserable person instead of the jolly person that i am.

But surely that means we budget for less money than anyone else can budget for in terms of prize money? And our average attendance is one of the smallest in the league, which is another source of income.

Of course they wouldn't set it based on anyone else as they've no idea what others' budgets are, but if they budget on finishing 11th, with one of the lowest average gates then I can't see many (if any) clubs having a lower budget.

I have no idea what position other clubs budget for, but I guess the other clubs like Partick, Ross County, Hamilton etc would all budget on what they will get for finishing 11th.

I have no idea what position other clubs budget for, but I guess the other clubs like Partick, Ross County, Hamilton etc would all budget on what they will get for finishing 11th.

I'd agree re Thistle and Hamilton, not so much with Ross County. Additional budget would come from gate receipts, corporate etc. It might also be affected by transfer income - Hamilton received a boost from McArthy's transfer to Everton, and by all accounts McArthur looks set to move this summer, netting them another windfall. Ross County will always have a little bit more, as funded by the owner who is a very rich man. Going by the last two seasons, he seems to give a budget in the summer, followed by a boost in January, giving them a lift at the right time.

Thistle are probably very similar to ourselves, and should be better off this summer than last, with a season in the top league to fund them this coming season.

• 2 weeks later...

Mo Yaqub away to Albion Rovers on loan.

Hmm.

I wonder if this means that we have either Tesselaar or Carey coming in. You would have to assume we wouldn't start the season with only Kelly as LB option.

Hmm.

I wonder if this means that we have either Tesselaar or Carey coming in. You would have to assume we wouldn't start the season with only Kelly as LB option.

I'd rather have Tesselaar challenging for left-back with Kelly than Carey, TBH.

I'd rather have Tesselaar challenging for left-back with Kelly than Carey, TBH.

I'm not sure. Carey has more versatility, but is perhaps less dependable.

I would be a wee bit meh either way, to be honest.

I'm not sure. Carey has more versatility, but is perhaps less dependable.

I would be a wee bit meh either way, to be honest.

Carey is far more versatile and would be a better option, he can play left mid, right mid, left back and off the striker, he would be a good option to have.

Tess left us for an extra 100 quid a week and his agent messed the club about for long enough.