Graham Carey

ds10

I understand both sets of views here but I think the point that Big Yards is trying to make is that we have been living with in our means since the new stadium was built and the dept was cleared, yet the quality and depth of the squad has gradually decreased since season 11/12, presumably to save money. why has this continued to happen with further reductions and continually going for the cheap option by promoting youngsters and cutting the coaching bill by promoting TM,JG and GT despite an increase in revenue through player sales etc.

We have already proved that we can live with in our means with a squad with decent depth and a handful of experienced players and quality youngsters in past seasons, so why must we leave Tommy to build a squad on pennies working with out of depth academy graduates, situations where we have only one player per position ie left back, and a solitary ageing striker.

I really Hope the BOD proves me wrong this season.

You really think our wage bill has decreased? I don't, certainly not by much.

Last October we had the following senior pros in the squad, all of whom who were given contracts after proving themselves at this level, all of whom would have been on very decent money.

Mair

Harkins

Goodwin

Thompson

Teale

Kello

McGowan

Grainger

In Gus's final season did we have as many proven top flight performers on top flight contracts as that?

The wage bill was drastically cut upon GM's departure - but since then it has remained constant and IIRC even edged back up slightly. In addition to this the club still has a net debt in the region of £300-400k (down from about £2M prior to the ground move) so I expect the BoD to continue with the steady as she goes policy.

Unfortunately I had a clearout earlier in the year and no longer have my copies of the clubs annual accounts to be specific on the figures but I don't think my general recollection is that poor yet! spudnikconfounded.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

The wage bill was drastically cut upon GM's departure - but since then it has remained constant and IIRC even edged back up slightly. In addition to this the club still has a net debt in the region of £300-400k (down from about £2M prior to the ground move) so I expect the BoD to continue with the steady as she goes policy.

Unfortunately I had a clearout earlier in the year and no longer have my copies of the clubs annual accounts to be specific but I don't think my general recollection is that poor yet! spudnikconfounded.gif

How has our income been since GM's departure?

How has our income been since GM's departure?

Fairly steady in the £3.5 region and our wage-to-turnover ratio again fairly constant at about the 70% mark (well above what is generally recommended 55-60%) stories about year-on-year cuts are either malicious or more likely borne out of frustration at out constant bottom six status - which doesn't really trouble me.

To go back to he who must not be named''s last season in charge wages were over £3m out of a turnover of just under £4M - which probably makes DL's first season in charge including the famous Summer of 'Beath a bit of a triumph! wacko.png

Edited by Bud the Baker

Unfortunately I had a clearout earlier in the year and no longer have my copies of the clubs annual accounts to be specific on the figures but I don't think my general recollection is that poor yet! spudnikconfounded.gif[/

quote]

I'm amazed you've not had the "We've got no debt" shouters on.

Unfortunately I had a clearout earlier in the year and no longer have my copies of the clubs annual accounts to be specific on the figures but I don't think my general recollection is that poor yet! spudnikconfounded.gif[/

quote]

I'm amazed you've not had the "We've got no debt" shouters on.

If you had a clearout earlier in the year would that not make your docs out of date?

Since then we have had income with a decent league placment.

ame="lovestreet" post="1182422" timestamp="1401696584"]

If you had a clearout earlier in the year would that not make your docs out of date?

Since then we have had income with a decent league placment.

It's been fairly consistent since the ground was sold and that includes two seasons ago when we also finished 8th and last season when we won the LC, but yeah the figures are compiled at the end of May and sent out late November/early December so the last figure (the entire accounts was posted somewhere on the forum) would have been for year ending on May 31st 2013.