Graham Carey

ds10

He hasn't been released, he signed a year deal + another year option, County wanted him to stay but he choose to leave.

So he thinks he'll get a better deal elsewhere, similar to what he did to us last summer. Whichever way you look at it, it's not a deal we should be pushing to hard for.

So he thinks he'll get a better deal elsewhere, similar to what he did to us last summer. Whichever way you look at it, it's not a deal we should be pushing to hard for.

I thought we didn't offer him a deal last summer. I seem to recall folk (myself included) feeling that the club had made a mistake in not trying to hold onto the player.

Could be havering, of course.

I thought we didn't offer him a deal last summer. I seem to recall folk (myself included) feeling that the club had made a mistake in not trying to hold onto the player.

Could be havering, of course.

This is correct drew.

Cheers guys. I was pretty sure that Carey had expressed a desire to remain.

As far as I remember he wanted to leave in January and retained that desire in the summer. We didn't offer him a deal, but as far as I remember that was because he had already made it clear he wanted to leave.

As far as I remember he wanted to leave in January and retained that desire in the summer. We didn't offer him a deal, but as far as I remember that was because he had already made it clear he wanted to leave.

Carey stated in one of the newspapers a few weeks after the cup final win that he wanted a new deal with the club but had yet to be offered one.

No your wrong sir I actually brought up the subject at the agm and the manager quite clearly replied that he did not wish to keep the player.

Carey asked to be released in the January window but was turned down. He was then not offered a deal when his contract ran out. At the agm, Lennon stated had Carey been kept, Kelly wouldn't have been considered for a start or got a new long term contract.

Carey stated in one of the newspapers a few weeks after the cup final win that he wanted a new deal with the club but had yet to be offered one.

Can't remember that at all. Can remember Lennon getting it in the neck for letting him go, then details of the transfer request coming to light, and I'm sure I read that he didn't want a new deal. Without anything to back up any claims it's difficult to know what to believe.

Can't remember that at all. Can remember Lennon getting it in the neck for letting him go, then details of the transfer request coming to light, and I'm sure I read that he didn't want a new deal. Without anything to back up any claims it's difficult to know what to believe.

Believe me. I'm always right

Since you need evidence and I have to be right

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spl/grahams-deal-fight-after-cup-carey-on-119063n.20553635

He was immense in the semi final!

I felt he was pretty harshly treated after that game.

He played the game if his life in the semi whilst Newcastle pissed about deciding if we were getting Dummett back then was promptly dropped when Dummett re-signed till the end of the season.

I felt he was pretty harshly treated after that game.

He played the game if his life in the semi whilst Newcastle pissed about deciding if we were getting Dummett back then was promptly dropped when Dummett re-signed till the end of the season.

He was responsible for Celtic's first goal that day when he left his position at LB to join a melee leaving IIRC Scott Brown to put a cross in unchallenged. I would always have picked Dummett before Carey for the LB position - it's a cruel game at times.

He was responsible for Celtic's first goal that day when he left his position at LB to join a melee leaving IIRC Scott Brown to put a cross in unchallenged. I would always have picked Dummett before Carey for the LB position - it's a cruel game at times.

So you trying to say he never had a good game then? IMO he had a great game.

He did have a great game in the semi final, his best in the 2 years he spent with us.

He also let it be known that he had no intenion of playing as a left back on a regular basis.

He had a patchy game, made some good tackles but often because he was out of position and he was responsible for Celtic's first goal or would you disagree?

I preferred Dummett at LB and unless Carey's improved his concentration dramatically I wouldn't sign him to play ahead of Kelly at LB next season.

Carey's best games for us came during he who shall not be named tenure when he was played LWB in a 3-5-2. Too harem-scarem to play LB in a 4-4-2 and as I've said elsewhere not quick enough to be a left-midfielder at anything above SPFL Bottom Six level not I think that should rule him out as a target for us. He's got talent but nobody's been able to get consistent performances from him or we wouldn't be having this conversation he'd be off to some League 1 club down south. I may be wrong and he may get a better move than I anticipate but again like I said previously I'd chase him but not too hard...........