David Van Zanten

I'm very sad to announce that my time at St. Mirren has come to an end.

The 9 years I've spent at the club have, without doubt, been the most enjoyable of my career. I'm extremely proud to have played for St. Mirren and, of course, to leave with 3 winners medals which I will treasure for the rest of my life.

The club has given my family and I the most amazing memories and I've made some of my best friends in football there.
I'd like to thank everyone involved with the club, from the board to the fans, for their support throughout the years and I'd like to wish Tommy, Jim & Gary all the best for the future.

Finally, I'd like to thank my past and current team mates. It has been a pleasure to have shared a dressing room with these guys and they have played a huge part in my memories at the club.

COYS

Sorry to hear Vanzy is leaving. A real part of the St. Mirren family, he'll be sorely missed.

A real ambassador for the club and an example to the younger players, and also a big part of the league cup final winning team..

Who can forget him setting up Thommo for 'that pass' or him throwing himself into a last ditch tackle to prevent Ngoo hitting the ball into an empty net.........

Thanks for all the memories Vanzy, and all the very best of luck in the future.

Dumbarton would be a good shout for Vanzy, and that way we could take Paul McGinn off them!

All the very best David. Great servant of the club, a real character, and played a critical role in many of our successes over the years.

All the very best of luck, wherever your career takes you.

Dumbarton would be a good shout for Vanzy, and that way we could take Paul McGinn off them!

All the very best David. Great servant of the club, a real character, and played a critical role in many of our successes over the years.

All the very best of luck, wherever your career takes you.

I would take McGinn from Dumbarton and move Naismith into centre half. McGinn seems to be getting great reviews at Dumbarton and they are desperate for him to resign, I can see him ending up at an SPL club.

I would take McGinn from Dumbarton and move Naismith into centre half. McGinn seems to be getting great reviews at Dumbarton and they are desperate for him to resign, I can see him ending up at an SPL club.

Agreed JJ, said this in another thread, it would be a real coup for us as far as I'm concerned.

Great guy and a very good player in his pomp. It's the right time for him to move on though.

I felt his best games for us came in the double winning season of 05/06 and in the season immediately after we came up. It was no surprise when Hibs came in and made him an offer we couldn't match.

Will be remembered most for his place in the cup winning team though. He made a fantastic block with his em... Upper thigh... Very near the end of the final, game saving and trophy winning moment right there.

Great guy and a very good player in his pomp. It's the right time for him to move on though.

I felt his best games for us came in the double winning season of 05/06 and in the season immediately after we came up. It was no surprise when Hibs came in and made him an offer we couldn't match.

Will be remembered most for his place in the cup winning team though. He made a fantastic block with his em... Upper thigh... Very near the end of the final, game saving and trophy winning moment right there.

I'm very sad to announce that my time at St. Mirren has come to an end.

The 9 years I've spent at the club have, without doubt, been the most enjoyable of my career. I'm extremely proud to have played for St. Mirren and, of course, to leave with 3 winners medals which I will treasure for the rest of my life.

The club has given my family and I the most amazing memories and I've made some of my best friends in football there.

I'd like to thank everyone involved with the club, from the board to the fans, for their support throughout the years and I'd like to wish Tommy, Jim & Gary all the best for the future.

Finally, I'd like to thank my past and current team mates. It has been a pleasure to have shared a dressing room with these guys and they have played a huge part in my memories at the club.

COYS

Was Vanzy also the Paisley Panda?

Wonder if Vanzy is planning to go in to coaching? He seems like a great people person, would probably be good as a coach and a good guy to have around your club.

I'm sure he will get a game in the First Division next season.

Not only a good full back who served us well for 9 seasons but he also served us well as a professional representing St Mirren. I can't ever remember thinking he was giving anything other than his best and his commitment in every game was there to see. He was always, including today, very positive about the club and seems genuinely proud of his time with St Mirren.

He has earned every one of his medals and plaudits and I hope he does well wherever he goes next.

Edited by WeeBud