Lennon Out?

HSS

Its good that Lennon is gone.

He was used by the Celtic board to stir up sectarianism in Scotland as part of their business model.

They found out that their support won't tolerate white non Catholics when they appointed Barnes & Strachan and they were hounded out.

Their search for another Irish Catholic might be a bit harder this time...

Naw, wee ginger Gordon isn't "Celtic minded" enough. McNamara, perhaps?

Indeed.

Despite being more successful than either O'Neill or Lennon, Starchan was hounded out by the Celtic support, yet O'Neill & Lennon were loved.

I didn't have a problem with O'Neill at Celtic. He didn't stir up sectarian hatred and violence nor intimidate referees and match officials. Let's not forget that Neil Lennon caused a referee strike and that the Celtic board backed him up. The sectarian insinuations that came out of Parkhead at the time were a disgrace.

Neil Lennon & Celtic were responsible for one of the most shameful episodes in Scottish football history - something that seems to have been forgotten as a result of the Rangers saga.

Its good that he's gone.

Edited by Moustache of Hyslop

Its good that Lennon is gone.

He was used by the Celtic board to stir up sectarianism in Scotland as part of their business model.

They found out that their support won't tolerate white non Catholics when they appointed Barnes & Strachan and they were hounded out.

Their search for another Irish Catholic might be a bit harder this time...

1eye.gif

Indeed.

Despite being more successful than either O'Neill or Lennon, Starchan was hounded out by the Celtic support, yet O'Neill & Lennon were loved.

Probably more to do with the fact two played for the team and one did not.

happy days , good bye to the most ugly manager in Scottish football. so easy to wind up and was gutted when we put them out of the cup . we outplayed them and he made excuse after excuse . never ever gracious in defeat and lets face it not exactely hard to win the premiership . its simple he wont do it down south he hasn't got the contacts to bring in big names hes a diddy. this is the icing on the cake for me we survived and the wee glesgae ned has gone.

I shall have to refrain from listening to Radio Clyde for the forseeable.

Do we still get phone in's during the close season?

I can almost hear it now

Presenter: "and the next caller is Brendan from Coatbridge, what do you want to talk about today Brendan from Coatbridge?"

Brendan from Coatbridge: "I support the sellick right and does the panel hink that Neil Lennon should have left and I hink he should have stayed cause he wiz loved at Sellick and I hink he done really well but who does the panel hink will take it noo and how much money will he get and who do you hink the new guy will sign and if we dont get a new guy in soon wull we no sign anyone and dae you hink Neil Lennon might come back and where will Neil Lennon go and again who dae you hink will be the new manager of the sellick. Can Davie provan answer that question please?"

Presenter : "Well Brendan from Coatbridge I am afraid Davie Provan cannot answer the question as this is a phone in about folk music on a Sunday afternoon on BBC Scotland."

I shall have to refrain from listening to Radio Clyde for the forseeable.

Do we still get phone in's during the close season?

I can almost hear it now

Presenter: "and the next caller is Brendan from Coatbridge, what do you want to talk about today Brendan from Coatbridge?"

Brendan from Coatbridge: "I support the sellick right and does the panel hink that Neil Lennon should have left and I hink he should have stayed cause he wiz loved at Sellick and I hink he done really well but who does the panel hink will take it noo and how much money will he get and who do you hink the new guy will sign and if we dont get a new guy in soon wull we no sign anyone and dae you hink Neil Lennon might come back and where will Neil Lennon go and again who dae you hink will be the new manager of the sellick. Can Davie provan answer that question please?"

Presenter : "Well Brendan from Coatbridge I am afraid Davie Provan cannot answer the question as this is a phone in about folk music on a Sunday afternoon on BBC Scotland."

Ah hink you need a hobby Tom. wink.png