John Mcginn Club Statement

Correct Chris... development fees alone would be £60k x years at the Club.

I believe John has been with us for 10 yrs now.

I posted this on another thread a minute ago, cut and paste...

The fee changes per age bracket.

In Euros it's 10k per year age 12-15 and then 60k from 15-21.

At the end of his contract the compensation would be in the region of 340,000 Euros, approx. £270,000.

You can see why the £100k bid was placed to test the water.

Edited by davidg

Where is the loan coming from in the first place?

And you are saying that the new owners will syphon money out of the club to pay for their personal loan?

Where is the loan coming from in the first place?

And you are saying that the new owners will syphon money out of the club to pay for their personal loan?

I did write it's an opinion ( me ) I take it you think they will pay for the club out of their own pockets ? Maybe I don't think so.

BBC News

St Mirren rebuff approach for Stephen McGinn

Think we're getting a bit big for our boots rejecting offers for players we don't own....

The way I see it is that seeing as they already have Stephen, we should have unreservedly accepted the 100k.. it's just pure greed to ask for more under the circumstances whistling.gif

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-blades-plot-double-swoop-1-6633011

"St Mirren are understood to value McGinn, younger brother of United midfielder Stephen, at around four times the amount they were offered 24 hours ago."

Try four times then four times again Sheffield United. £400000 for McGinn also better get punter out the park.

'Erudite' - as in rhyming slang for 'full of sh...'?

No, although yours is my second favourite post of the day.

I just think posters like the Cap'n are the lifeblood of the site, perish the day it ever becomes family friendly.

He strained & strained with all his might

to make words sweet & erudite

The long ball game, a wondrous sight

The Cap'n says & he is right

Our Paisley Saints in black & white

must play this way to bring delight!

Edited by Bud the Baker

No, although yours is my second favourite post of the day.

I just think posters like the Cap'n are the lifeblood of the site, perish the day it ever becomes family friendly.

He strained & strained with all his might

to make words sweet & erudite

The long ball game, a wondrous sight

The Cap'n says & he is right

Our Paisley Saints in black & white

must play this way to bring delight!

Amen to that.

I know you can right anything on it but Wikipedia has him as a Wolverhamptop Wanderers player. Supposedly £1 Million on a 3 year deal. Probably bollocks but that is what it says. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McGinn

I noticed this line in that article:

"Their grandfather Jack McGinn is a former C*lt*c chairman & SFA president"

Is that true?

Edited by Moustache of Hyslop

I posted this on another thread a minute ago, cut and paste...

The fee changes per age bracket.

In Euros it's 10k per year age 12-15 and then 60k from 15-21.

At the end of his contract the compensation would be in the region of 340,000 Euros, approx. £270,000.

You can see why the £100k bid was placed to test the water.

sorry, i cant see this-we wait a year, we get the players services and 3x the money. I dont see this testing anyone's resolve-if anything it bolsters it and gives us the confidence to market a now in-demand player for decent deal.

Hi Blade fan here.

Someone on one of our message boards is saying this morning that we have signed John Mcginn, he's seem pretty reliable(he told us about JCR before he signed).

Have any of you heard anything ?

Whats he like as a player ?

We seem to like signing scottish players.

Just signed Mcnulty from livingston, we also signed Scougal earlier this year what a player he is.

But we also signed Lyle Taylor who has not been a success well not for us anyway.

Hi Blade fan here.

Someone on one of our message boards is saying this morning that we have signed John Mcginn, he's seem pretty reliable(he told us about JCR before he signed).

Just signed Mcnulty from livingston, we also signed Scougal earlier this year what a player he is.

But we also signed Lyle Taylor who has not been a success well not for us anyway.

He's brilliant

Hi Blade fan here.

If you buy John McGinn , you get a free £12 million pound Victor Wanyama with him . Easy to find, just look in Johns back pocket ! notworthy.gif

If McGinn is indeed sold, I strongly suspect that it will be for an 'undisclosed fee'.

I don't believe he is gone yet.

You are however correct IMO that

undisclosed will be announced.

That's a good thing as regards to us looking for players , but it does make you wonder have we been ripped off or undersold again !