Nigel Hasselbaink Released...

FS

If Hasselbaink would get over himself, grow up, and get past his delusions of grandeur, I'd be tempted to offer him a one year deal and see how it goes, because ultimately he is a tricky wee player who will chip in with a few goals - could complement the Thomohawk quite nicely if it works. It's easy to forget that Nigel is still a young lad and has probably said some silly things over the past two or three years - but then so do many 20 - 23 year olds, it's just that most don't live in the media spotlight.

Sometimes players leave us in completely understandable circumstances and come back. Like Fitzy trying his luck at Bristol City, or DVZ joining what was a bigger club in Hibs, or Conor Newton being called back to his parent club and turning out against us in a friendly, before coming back.

Sometimes players leave us and say or do something daft. Broadfoot? I'd take him back. Not so sure about Hasslebaink. No, actually I am sure - no thanks.

Just my opinion.

If Hasselbaink would get over himself, grow up, and get past his delusions of grandeur, I'd be tempted to offer him a one year deal and see how it goes, because ultimately he is a tricky wee player who will chip in with a few goals - could complement the Thomohawk quite nicely if it works. It's easy to forget that Nigel is still a young lad and has probably said some silly things over the past two or three years - but then so do many 20 - 23 year olds, it's just that most don't live in the media spotlight.

He was looking for 3 times his wage when we offered him a new deal last time round.

He was looking for 3 times his wage when we offered him a new deal last time round.

Yep. He wanted to be on the same wages as Thommo, Teale and Goody.

He was rightly laughed out of court and released, however the Saintees made him one of their highest earners. Unsurprisingly they've released him at first opportunity.

If he was half as good as he thought he was he might be a useful player, he isn't though.

Tommy Wright on Hasselbaink's departure from the Fakes: "Veteran Scotland cap Chris Iwelumo and fellow forward Nigel Hasselbaink were fellow Celtic Park benchmen released in the wake of Saints first national trophy triumph.

Wright explained that the Dutchman, who moved to McDiarmid Park after rejecting an improved contract from St Mirren in summer 2012, exited after failing to return his telephone calls.

"Nigel has contributed over the past two years, but he is one of our highest earners," said Wright.

"He said to me back In January that he would make a call at the end of the season.

"I wanted to speak to him face to face, but he went back to Holland and isn't picking up his messages and so I have dealt through his agent."

Hasselbaink, who first moved to Scotland to join Hamilton Academical after exiting PSV Eindhoven, has been quoted as saying he would like to play in English football."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27553549

... same old Nigel!

Tommy Wright on Hasselbaink's departure from the Fakes: "Veteran Scotland cap Chris Iwelumo and fellow forward Nigel Hasselbaink were fellow Celtic Park benchmen released in the wake of Saints first national trophy triumph.

Wright explained that the Dutchman, who moved to McDiarmid Park after rejecting an improved contract from St Mirren in summer 2012, exited after failing to return his telephone calls.

"Nigel has contributed over the past two years, but he is one of our highest earners," said Wright.

"He said to me back In January that he would make a call at the end of the season.

"I wanted to speak to him face to face, but he went back to Holland and isn't picking up his messages and so I have dealt through his agent."

Hasselbaink, who first moved to Scotland to join Hamilton Academical after exiting PSV Eindhoven, has been quoted as saying he would like to play in English football."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27553549

... same old Nigel!

What an arse.

We'll be getting exactly the same player back, plus the same attitude, as, we had the last time.

From what I have read from the St.J fans, he disappears for significant parts of the season and his final ball decision making is still extremely questionable.

On the plus side, on his day, he can be almost unplayable.

I know it's not the most stunning revelation, but it would seem he generally does what he likes both on and off the pitch, and isn't a player that can be coached into playing a certain system.

He's also very expensive, so for me the negatives outweigh the positives.