Scott Walker Goal

bazil85

Can someone help me out Scott Walker scored a wonder goal from his own half I believe in the first division winning season. I can't find it on YouTube does anyone have a link? I can't really be bothered going through the bubble didnae burst to find it. Cheers.

Not that I can remember.

He scored a great goal away to Morton. Cleared a header from a Morton corner and then sprinted up the park to head home at the other end. Great counter attack goal. One if our best goals that season IMO as he started and finished it.

My memory may be getting slightly hazy these days - but big Stam never scored from his own half IIRC.

I've look up the records and he got 4 goals that season. None of them were outside the box :)

I do remember a cracking goal from around 1995ish when we drew 2-2 at home to St Johnstone. Im sure Ricky Gillies(?) scored a halfway line effort that day.

Just watching the other game from Cappielow that season (31 mins in the video), even Gilmour looks to be pointing and laughing at the state of the Morton players chasing after the linesman claiming the ball wasn't over the line for that first goal. laugh.png

Even from this low resolution video you can see how far over the line it is. Goalkeeper Ally Maxwell's feet are already both over the line when reaches backwards (ooh err) to claw the ball out, so he must have known more than anyone in the stadium that it was a goal, yet he was the one leading the furious Benny Hill style chase of the officials.

Losers.laugh.png

article-1225553-0719F115000005DC-715_468

Can someone help me out Scott Walker scored a wonder goal from his own half I believe in the first division winning season. I can't find it on YouTube does anyone have a link? I can't really be bothered going through the bubble didnae burst to find it. Cheers.

You're thinking of the already mentioned goal at Cappielow I think. He started the move in his own box and finished it up the other end.