Champions League Final

faraway saint

Ronaldo is an arsehole. No need for that posturing.

Athletico tired with twenty minutes of the 90 to go and that left space for Real. What a sickener to concede the equaliser in injury time, but it was coming. After that, it was never in doubt. Great occasion, however. Better team won, but not the result I was hoping for.

Athletico tired with twenty minutes of the 90 to go and that left space for Real. What a sickener to concede the equaliser in injury time, but it was coming. After that, it was never in doubt. Great occasion, however. Better team won, but not the result I was hoping for.

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Don't you remember our cup final?

Jeesus, any player that scores a goal in a cup final, unless shoving it up the opposition fans, should be slowed to express what they feel.

This daft rule you get booked for removing your short, running towards YOUR fans etc, load of bollox.

Edited by faraway saint

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Don't you remember our cup final?

Jeesus, any player that scores a goal in a cup final, unless shoving it up the opposition fans, should be slowed to express what they feel.

This daft rule you get booked for removing your short, running towards YOUR fans etc, load of bollox.

Nah, a wee bit of integrity and class goes a long way.

Removing your short would surely be a sending off, no?

It was a hard call. Which team to cheer for? An undeniably exciting squad of superstars, but built with cash

and containing a diving welsh player who tried to con Scotland for a penalty, or an arguably 'proper team' butwith a horrendous thug of a 'player' turned manager...

Nah, for me it was a bit like an old firm game (if you remember when there was an old firm) i.e. just a shame

there can't be two losers.

It was a hard call. Which team to cheer for? An undeniably exciting squad of superstars, but built with cash

and containing a diving welsh player who tried to con Scotland for a penalty, or an arguably 'proper team' butwith a horrendous thug of a 'player' turned manager...

Nah, for me it was a bit like an old firm game (if you remember when there was an old firm) i.e. just a shame

there can't be two losers.

Not quite sure what you expect?

St Mirren to win the Champions League?

Man City have spent as much as any team, it's influenced, obviously by money, but it's not all down to that.

This focus on Bale's diving, which he has been guilty of, detracts from his overall good play. Over 20 goals in his first season, not bad.

See you, always the funny one.

What do you mean by integrity as I see it this comment is always is distorted to suit a persons opinion, rather than being objective?

They were already 3-1 up with minutes to go, so I can't understand why he felt the need to posture to the extent that he did. For me, he was trying a bit too hard to make it all about himself. Celebration is fine, but there is a balance to be struck, and he failed to strike it (no pun intended).

They were already 3-1 up with minutes to go, so I can't understand why he felt the need to posture to the extent that he did. For me, he was trying a bit too hard to make it all about himself. Celebration is fine, but there is a balance to be struck, and he failed to strike it (no pun intended).

Sorry, I don't agree, the score makes no difference, the joy of scoring a goal should be celebrated no matter what the game score is at the time.

Would you be saying this if it was Thommo...........................let me save you the time to answer that, NAW!

On reflection he was slightly over the top, so you have a minuscule point. notworthy.gif

Didn't you ever score a goal to remember that feeling? whistling.gif

Relief i would guess because he was shite and his team mates performed a lot better than he did.

I thought the sub Marcello turned the game as he and Di Maria tore them a new one down the left hand side

Nice to see attacking football win through

Strange, that was the only part of the game my wife showed any interest in ! ohmy.png

Fergie time for the cheats.

Athletico tried to kick them off the park, they got what they deserved.

Outstanding season though, good footballing side but I they obviously didn't believe that they had enough quality to try and play against Real in a one off game.

Edited by davidg

Athletico tried to kick the off the park, they got what they deserved.

Outstanding season though, good footballing side but I they obviously didn't believe that they had enough quality to try and play against Real in a one off game.

whistling.gif

They kicked anything that moved, exaggerated any foul and just sat in to defend after the goal.

That's their game, if they had won then they would have been justified, the result flattered Real right enough but once the equaliser went in the roof caved in.

Athletico manager was a disgrace, lost a lot of respect with his antics. thumbdown.gif

Not quite sure what you expect?

St Mirren to win the Champions League?

Man City have spent as much as any team, it's influenced, obviously by money, but it's not all down to that.

This focus on Bale's diving, which he has been guilty of, detracts from his overall good play. Over 20 goals in his first season, not bad.

You've definitely got a point there. Obviously it takes a lot of dosh to succeed at that level, but those kinds of sides somehow feel more fabricated to me, though all team are bought to some extent. City are

interesting as they seem to be developing a real team spirit there which makes them more than the sum of their very expensive parts. And I do agree Bale is a fine player no doubt and as quick as a greased weasel, but

there's been a cheaty streak there that I find hard to admire. Suarez seems to have put his behind him and is now getting judged entirely on his performances, as I think Bale will be next season. You could argue that the criticism is actually constructive if it helps put a stop to it and the player moves on too.